SOTD : Saturday 10th -Friday 16th August. 2019

Thursday SOTD

Noble Otter Monarch
YaqI Tuxedo Marble Handle
Rockwell 6C plate 4
Nacet (3)
Vitos Tobacco ASL

Having exclusively used my Timeless .68 for a couple of weeks it was time for a change
I never thought I would say this, but the 6C felt inadequate in comparison. Plate 4 isn't particularly mild, but the amount of growth left after the first pass was considerably more than with the Timeless
Not to say the 6C doesn't shave well, just that there are better razors.

Fri 16th August

RazoRock Syn.22mm
Speck Active soap
ER 1912 -Bathroom Set
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

Finished this Shave Week off with my new favourite 1912, which has replaced the Gem Jnr 1912. Even with a fresh blade it Shaves smoothly and comfortably, and without problems a very nice close all round finish is attained. This and the Peerless Set work so well with the current Gem Blade, there is none of the chatter associated with older 1912 which I do not miss at all.

IMG_0622.jpg

SOTD 20190816.

9SxDZ0e.jpg

J&T® mansonia wood / OUMO Brush Motherlode.
TFS "Tabacco Verde Forte" shaving soap.
Seygus Ti "Zeppelin" V2.1 0.7 / Stork Ti "Falcon" handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (1).
TFS "Tabacco Verde Forte" ASB.

12 - 16 August

La Toja stick
Edwin Jagger travel brush
Fatip Piccolo
Personna Super med prep
Bart's Balm lime oil

CB2BF512-0733-44F0-ACDE-190843174E18.jpeg
A few days away from home, and this was a very successful travel kit. Smooth, efficient shaves with the Piccolo, fabulous lather with the La Toja and the black fibre travel brush, and the Bart's Balm is always a welcome finish to a shave.

16/08/19
Pre shave Prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Chubby 2 Synth
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Lime
Razor: Rockwell Model T Adjustable #3 / #2
Blade: Gillette 7 'o' Clock Permasharp Green India
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum #2
Balm: Bart's Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Copycat Bleu

MT,Lime Chub2 a.jpg

Today an Outing for the Rockwell Model "T", Thanks to a trade on BST with Marco @motto, a very nice looking razor, it feels great in the hand and has a bit weight to it. Shod with an Indian 7OC Permasharp stainless, (Just over £5 for 100 delivered) a drunken buy when I thought I was getting the Russian 7OC Greens for buttons, never mind, they will get used up.
So, Not the sharpest blade you will use and if you have stubble that likes to fight back I would not recommend you try these, I think I will get 2 shaves per blade if I am lucky.
Saying that, 3 Full passes WTG @ #3, XTG & ATG @ #2 & a bit buffing achieved a DFS+ result, luckily I had a bit lather left and I cleaned up the whirlpools, although there is still the "Wet 'n' Dry" feel on bits of my chin.
Some light indications from the block and a fantastic post shave starting with my Bay Rum Splash #2, being used as an astringent, well it is just Witch Hazel, Dark Rum and steeped spices, it works a treat.
The Bart's Lime balm and Lotion carrying on the Citrus notes and then a Splash of the Copycat Bleu, a very good copy of the Original that I have tried.
DFS+ result, Feeling pretty comfortable & Smelling top drawer.
A lesson learned in buying something that seems "too good to be true" through a Captain Morgan haze.
No More drinking and ebaying! Period!
Have a great evening and Enjoy the weekend All

Last edited:
Friday

OSP Fougére
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Ever Ready 1912 ‘Bathroom Set'
Gem Personna SS PTFE
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Italian Citrus

A stonking shave today. I have a few of the OSP soaps; but the Fougére was the first one I purchased, and it remains my favourite.

I hadn't used my 1912 variant for a while. Come to think of it, I have been neglecting my SEs of late; focusing on vintage DEs and different blades like Med Preps and Silver Blues.

Three passes and no touch up for an incredibly efficient shave and a tremendous post-shave feel.

98DFF498-D66F-4F12-8B87-B55136A77146.jpeg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 rebranded Macys silvertip flopmeister
German Parat/ NOS Spoiler
TGQ Cavendish Black soap
no after shave
TGQ 'Leatherneck' extrait

Sigh, wanted at least to sniff a tobacco scent and this soap did the trick. Mostly aromatic like Captain Black with a little cigarette smoke tossed in for extra interest. The usual top tier performance from Colleen's magical workshop.

This razor was a gift from Tall Paul years ago and man, I have really been enjoying it using a variety of blades. Like a superspeed, but shinier and heavier.... nicer.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom