SOTD : Saturday 10th -Friday 16th August. 2019

SOTD : 15th August 2019.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Face Lather.

Soap: Lea Shave Stick.

Blade: Parker~Premium Platinum.(3)

Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL. (European Version)

The Real Shaving Co. ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave..I've had to cut my holidays short from the mill due to our inept planning production manager not having enough workers to do the shut down work :mad:...Hopefully i should be able to have a week off in september.

The Parker razor/blade duo worked together wonderfully yet again, very smooth and efficient mowing through my stubble with ease. All in all everything worked with the shave set up, resulting in a 3 pass +pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.Another very enjoyable shave.

The Lea shave stick performance was superb i've only recently found out that it was originally a tallow-based soap, but the maker changed the ingredients using non-tallow products..All said it produced a good slick lather and the post shave was excellent, with no drying issues to my face and a excellent post shave feel.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine.
;)
;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.
:cool:
:cool:

Date:- 15 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club ~ Signature
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Voskhod #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men

image.jpeg

Shave of the day. 14th Aug.

Prep ~ Johnsons Baby soap (Honey)
Razor ~ Feather ASD2
Blade ~ Personna Lab Blue
Soap ~ Agua de Colonia ~ Alvarez Gomez
Brush ~ Cadman - Bell handled Silvertip
Post ~ Agua de Colonia aftershave balm ~ Alvarez Gomez
Scent ~ Agua de Colonia - Cologne - Alvarez Gomez

This will be the soap I will be using for the next seven days, only the razors will change. A lovely shave today, mild but effective leaving me smooth skinned and very happy with the shave.
The Lab Blue blade's were kindly supplied by Mike ( @mpf9ret ), thank you Mike.

Have a great day folks...........P.

Thur 15th August.

Cyril Salter / Maseto ED. 2band
P & B Citra Royale
Gem Micromatic OC-Brass
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Having got used to SE Shaving over a period of time, I think the Original Micromatic is the best Shaver of the Trio. However, it does need to be treated with care and a light touch. In my early days I like others was perhaps too heavy -handed and suffered the consequences.

Today, suitably lathered throughout I had a trouble free Shave, and by employing a featherlight touch whilst polishing up got an ultra close all round finish. Though the finish was excellent I think perhaps I can get a better one with a "Streamline".

IMG_0621.jpg

15/08/19
Pre shave Prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synth.
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Bay Rum
Razor: Merkur Futur #3 & #2
Blade: Astra SP (5)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum #2
Balm: Bart's Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
Aftershave: CK "Be"

Futur Bay rum Chub 2 (2).jpg

3 passes for a DFS finish, I have a little roughness under the RH jawline which I missed. The blade started to give some audio on the WTG pass which I take as the blade going, therefore, 5 and out for the Astra. No buffing.
Nothing from the block, and a nice post shave to finish.
The Futur has been cleaned, boxed and stored till the next time, I did enjoy using it though.
DFS and feeling comfortable and smelling very clean.
Enjoy the rest of the Day All.

The Lea shave stick performance was superb i've only recently found out that it was originally a tallow-based soap, but the maker changed the ingredients using non-tallow products.

PF - if you wanted to try the old tallow formula stick you still can - the parent company Lascaray continue to make it but no longer use the LEA name - it is rebranded for the Valencian brush maker Vie Long - a side by side comparison of ingredients between the old tallow formula and the current Vie Long indicate them to be identical - made in the same factory. I prefer the tallow version but - you should see what you think yourself - you can get them from Connaught for buttons -

The name LEA - which has been used since 1855 - is an acronym - it comes from - 'La Estrella Alavesa' - 'the star of Alavesa' - a town in the Basque country - not far from their current base in Vitoria.

Cheers - I.

Thursday AM 2019-08-15

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Stubby 2 Porcelain Finest (24/50)
WCS Pear Brrr shaving soap (sample)
Timeless Polished Titanium
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (17)
Hemingway Accoutrements aftershave

The shaving soap sample produced thin, watery lather that dissipated quickly, and since I like thick, rich lathers it was not very satisfying. It had a pleasant, light pear fragrance with a bit of menthol. Despite the relatively poor lather, the Timeless and LB blade did a great job.
hIqA02S.jpg

PF - if you wanted to try the old tallow formula stick you still can - the parent company Lascaray continue to make it but no longer use the LEA name - it is rebranded for the Valencian brush maker Vie Long - a side by side comparison of ingredients between the old tallow formula and the current Vie Long indicate them to be identical - made in the same factory. I prefer the tallow version but - you should see what you think yourself - you can get them from Connaught for buttons -

The name LEA - which has been used since 1855 - is an acronym - it comes from - 'La Estrella Alavesa' - 'the star of Alavesa' - a town in the Basque country - not far from their current base in Vitoria.

Cheers - I.
Thanks for the information & insight, on the humble LEA shave stick. I'll have to give the tallow version a try. Cheers. B

Last edited:

Cheers - I.
I've just placed a order,at that price i would be stupid not to....I'll do a maiden shave with my Vie Long horse hair brush when my order arrives.Cheers. B

15/08/19

Razor: Qshave Parthenon
Blade: Gillette Rubie (2)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Timberwolf
Soap: T&H No. 10
Pre: Wilko Oil
ASB: Proraso Blue

Fotor_156589868764480.jpg

The Parthenon has been an interesting experiment this week but it won't be making it in to my regular rotation. It's now in the drawer with a next appearance date expected ~2027. It's not a bad razor when available for the £20 mark in the AliExpress sales but it's certainly not worth the £50 asking price in Amazon.

A DFS finish but took a few touch-ups at the end to achieve it.

Back
Top Bottom