SOTD : Saturday 1 th - Friday 7 th June 2019

View attachment 44422

Razor: The Silver Ringer 6/8
Brush: Razorock Synth
Soap: Goodfellas Furiah
Splash: P&B Spitfire
EDC: P&B Spitfire

The shave was unfortunately a little underwhelming to begin with this evening as the edge has gone on this razor so after one pass I threw in the towel and resorted to my trusty Rockwell 6c to finish the job.
And what a job it done. Two passes with the Rockwell "et voila" a perfect BBS shave. This razor set at plate 4 never ceases to amaze me when accompanied by the ever faithful Astra SP blade.
With regards to the brush, I am still not impressed by this knot. Looks cool but the flow through and backbone are inadequate for my liking so I am soon to replace the knot with a lovely HMW badger. Well worth the effort in my opinion as I love the handle.
The fragrance choice this evening was inspired by this soap so kindly gifted to me by @Bailes90 . Thank you my friend you are a true gent.
Great silky lather with an abundance of protection.
Despite the hiccups in the beginning the end result is the most important thing and I am extremely happy with that.

Enjoy your shaves. :)

Gosh. Isn't that just so beautiful

This is an exercise to see if I can actually manage to write up my SOTD on the same evening. And on this particular evening my SOTD carried the theme 'Radio'

Radio One - Oneblade
Blade FM - Feather FHS-10
Rock FM - Razorock Plissoft 400 (in a semi shiny aluminium finish)
Classic FM - Murdock Avalon shave cream
The Breeze FM - Arran Aromatics Machrie EDT
Guest appearance by Robert the Radio

The OneBlade, what can I say? A razor designed to cheat. Removes the fun and the fear of slicing ones face up, and in essence as bland as they come. However from another angle delivers quickly, delivers efficiently and delivers one of the best God damn shaves one could wish for. You want to hate it and you want to hate yourself for not hating it.

Feather FHS-10. You want to hate this even more as there isn't anything else which fits the OneBlade, but you can't as the razor would be pretty useless without. May be you want to dislike them both...........but the results have you cursing the fact you can't. Fallacy says 'only one to three shaves max' but so far six three pass shaves from a single blade which isn't all that bad.

Murdock Avalon cream. If this isn't one of the best creams ever to grace the planet that my name isn't Belinda. Which it isn't. Due to dwindling resources of this cream I am having to be very economical with its usage as I'd love it to last forever. Must be one of the thinnest creams out there but it whips up in to one very stiff lather which goes one hell of a long way. Does everything you want a cream to do and does so with real gusto and aplomb. So sad they don't make this product anymore and unopened jars are demanding top prices. Nothing to hate except it being discontinued........Might just have to try their Regent cream. The expectations will be high though.

Razorock 400. Love it and that is all there is to say. Works exactly the same as the black version I have

Aran Aromatics Machrie. After the soft sweet scent of the Avalon what more could be more appropriate than a light soft sweet scent? The AA ticks all the right boxes including the 'no' box in the section, 'do you hate this scent?'.

A very happy, very quick and very pleasing shave and feeling as smooth as smooth FM.

Have a lovely day tomorrow shaving folk and wish you all a goodnight.

0S9jnhg.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: B&R Adjustable (2.5/1)
Blade: Voskhods (1)
Brush: Vie-Long Epsilon Horse
Lather: Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Another travel shave and as such a reduced kit but still exceptional. Today's ritual fell to the Timeless Stainless Steel OC .95. This one with the scalloped top cap and the very nice and grippy knurled handle. Now I use to think that aggression meant blade gap but that is indeed not the case. I have a Blackland Dart that has almost no gap and is far more aggressive than this .98. This razor is not also beautiful and perfectly balanced but as smooth a shaver as they come. I truly enjoyed the shave and the sweet spot is intuitive.

Today's soap was Italian Barber Amici and the lovely citrus scent was in sharp contrast to to the grey and rainy day. Oh well it was Summer in the bathroom. Lovely scent!

Lathered up with the Yaqi Sagrada Familia and proceed to get through a lovely two pass DFS! On the road so no need to chase BBS though I must say it would have been a piece of cake with this combo! Halfway through the week and to all the road monkeys out there...take care, safe travels and happy shaves all.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Timeless Stainless Steel OC .95
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo - Sagrada Familia
Lather: Italian Barber Amici
Aftershave: Italian Barber Amici
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block

99849911-8190-44A8-BA55-B7E3DAE56F85.jpeg

SOTD : 6th June 2019.

28.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Unbranded Chinese Synthetic.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Cella.

Blade: Treet ~ 7 Days Platinum.(3)

Razor: Jagen David B30.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./
Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tabacco Cologne.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave....

Last use of the treet 7 day platinum blade which has performed wonderfully throughout the week, a blade i will be adding more regular to my blade rotation. I've only use the J.D. B30 a few times since it was passed on to me the superspeed clone paired up very nicely with the treet 7 day platinum blade resulting in a 3 pass + pick ups comfortable DFS with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.
;)
;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.
:cool:
:cool:

Date:- 06 June 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Spice Vitae
Razor/Blade:- Colonial General SS / Schick Proline P-30 #4
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Thursday 6th June

Cold Water Shave
Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
Body Shop Shaving Cream
Frank Shaving Silvertip Badger Brush
Focus R28 Slim Al Razor
Alum and Rinse
Witch Hazel
Palmer's for Men Moisturiser
Body Shop Activist EDT

The Body Shop Cream is so old it is more like a croap but it still performs as always.
A really comfortable and effortless shave.
2 passes and a touch up for a perfect finish:)

image.jpeg

Shave Of The Day. 6th June

Prep ~ Shower, Valobra Glicerlanolina soap
Razor ~ Carbon Shaving Co - Cx 316L
Blade ~ Polsilver - Lodz Poland
Soap ~ Valobra stick
Brush ~ YaQi 26mm Badger
Post ~ Bart's - Lavender aftershave lotion
Scent ~ Boellis - Panama 1924 EdT

This razor and blade combo never fails to give me a perfect shave, along with a quality soap of course! :)

Have a nice day people.......P.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom