SOTD : Saturday 06th March to Friday 12th March 2021

Wednesday 10th February

• MDC Argumes (sample)
• Simpson Trafalgar T3
• Razorock Hawk V3-A
• Schick Proline P (8)
• Myrsol Agua Di Limon

I think i over-hydrated the soap a bit, the lather was a little light, but it still performed quite well.
I like the citrus scent, which was quite mild.

Proline blade 8 shaves in is still keen sharp and smooth.

I'm about 20 shaves in with the Hawk, and have used it exclusively since it arrived.
I must admit - I'm missing my DE's a little, but not as much as I thought I might.

Myrsol Limon to finish, it seems to compliment the Argumes soap quite well.

@pjgh

The Ninja blade is worth it for the artwork alone!

10/3/21

Brush - Yaqi 24mm Plissoft
Soap - MWF
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Astra SP (5)
Post - Brut Oceans

No pre soaking or blooming or anything, just loaded the brush and face lathered and had a perfect MWF lather but I've had some poor ones with it. It can be a strange soap. A delightful shave though.

@pjgh

The Ninja blade is worth it for the artwork alone!

10/3/21

Brush - Yaqi 24mm Plissoft
Soap - MWF
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Astra SP (5)
Post - Brut Oceans

No pre soaking or blooming or anything, just loaded the brush and face lathered and had a perfect MWF lather but I've had some poor ones with it. It can be a strange soap. A delightful shave though.
Busted my MWF out the night before last after a bit of a rest (last used back in November). No treatment, just lathered up and it was fantastic! Really wet brush, too. Enjoyed so much I repeated the gear the day after.

... and Ninjas :cool:

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine.
[IMG]

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Henckels Friodur 472 Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Wickham 1912 Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Wonderful Shave Today with My Henckels Friodur Solingen 6/8th...Its Uber Sharp & Gave Me a Super Close Shave..Its a Killer Razor..I Like this Razor a Lot...Its Sporting an Escher Thuri 17 K Edge..Canny Be Bad Boys..Wunderbar..
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:
[IMG]

Billy..
:chores016:

Thu 11th SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Fatip OC Slant on Grande handle
Blade KAI 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + MacaRoot & Aloe Gel
Really nice lather from the cream. Good pleasant scent and performance.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a between bbs to dfs result.
20210311_094752.jpg

May I ask what is the bvlgari I see is it rose scented ? Absolutely loving rose scents at the minute and have tried looking this one up but no luck as yet ?
Hi and thanks for asking. I am not so sure if it's rose-scented but to me smells very classy and kinda uplifting citrusy. I have the Rose Thayers witch-hazel and both are not similar. I found these 2 in some old airline gift packs. Hope this can be of help...
Love to see you enjoying your straight razor shaves...I wanted to but am too far from shave-ready straight razors... :LOL:

Wednesday 10th February

• MDC Argumes (sample)
• Simpson Trafalgar T3
• Razorock Hawk V3-A
• Schick Proline P (8)
• Myrsol Agua Di Limon

I think i over-hydrated the soap a bit, the lather was a little light, but it still performed quite well.
I like the citrus scent, which was quite mild.

Proline blade 8 shaves in is still keen sharp and smooth.

I'm about 20 shaves in with the Hawk, and have used it exclusively since it arrived.
I must admit - I'm missing my DE's a little, but not as much as I thought I might.

Myrsol Limon to finish, it seems to compliment the Argumes soap quite well.
I have not used a DE for around 15 months, I find SE far more forgiving.

SOTD : 11th March 2021.

60.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Asco Super Stainless. (D4)
Razor: Parker 24C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Aloe Vera Gel./ Brut ~Attraction Totale ASL.

Greetings,

The last few days i have been in contact with HR and our union rep due to at the start of the week Greensill our major provider of finance to Liberty Steel have appoint administrators putting 5,000 jobs across the UK at risk at Liberty Steel plants....If the inevitable happens, which i personally think it will, then i will find another job.

While i have been on furlough i have been looking into other forms of employment i won't just sit around and let the grass grow under my feet.

Back to the shave....
Last outing of the Asco Super Stainless blade which has performed adequately with each shave.. However, today i thought the blade would have started to lose it's smoothness, but to my surprise it didn't.

Over the past few months i have been pushing my blades to the max, as before that regardless of the blade manufacturer or origin i used it for two shaves then it was binned...Each time i use Williams my love for it grows...I'll be honest and and say i bought it purely for it's classic vintage cover and like Arko I don’t mind the scent ( which some people don't ) to me both have a clean lemon soap scent it creates an acceptable slick smooth lather, which an dissipate from time to time if you don't get the mix right, but overall it does the job.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week...Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Brut ~Attraction Totale ASL

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

View attachment 66172

Pre:
Face Lather.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Aloe Vera Gel./ Brut ~Attraction Totale ASL.

Greetings,

The last few days i have been in contact with HR and our union rep due to at the start of the week Greensill our major provider of finance to Liberty Steel have appoint administrators putting 5,000 jobs across the UK at risk at Liberty Steel plants....If the inevitable happens, which i personally think it will, then i will find another job.

While i have been on furlough i have been looking into other forms of employment i won't just sit around and let the grass grow under my feet.

Back to the shave....
Last outing of the Asco Super Stainless blade which has performed adequately with each shave.. However, today i thought the blade would have started to lose it's smoothness, but to my surprise it didn't.

Over the past few months i have been pushing my blades to the max, as before that regardless of the blade manufacturer or origin i used it for two shaves then it was binned...Each time i use Williams my love for it grows...I'll be honest and and say i bought it purely for it's classic vintage cover and like Arko I don’t mind the scent ( which some people don't ) to me both have a clean lemon soap scent it creates an acceptable slick smooth lather, which an dissipate from time to time if you don't get the mix right, but overall it does the job.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week...Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Brut ~Attraction Totale ASL

Sorry to hear that about your employment and I hope things improve for you.

View attachment 66172

Pre:
Face Lather.

Greetings,

Back to the shave....

I hope everything works out for you B.

Back
Top Bottom