SOTD : Saturday 06th February to Friday 12th February 2021.

The weekend shave, and a real corker of a blade to skin encounter it was too. after a warm shower.

Pre ........... Proraso white
Bowl..........3d printed
Soap..........Palmolive stick
Brush.........Simpson Berkley, best
Razor.........Ikon b1 oss,/ windrose K2 handle
Blade .......Perma Sharp (3)
Post........., Hot and cold face wash, Alum block
Asb.............Nivea sensitive
Asl............. M&S Woodspice

If I was to pick a No1 set-up, this would surely be in the running. the palmolive stick which has been grated down into a porcelain pot created a superb, super slick lather, as good as any, if not better than more expensive soaps. Perma Sharp, a really good blade , worked superbly with the Ikon bI oss. and the windrose handle is so ergonomic and maneuverable. A three pass shave, to a BBS finish..... Feeling good:)

Enjoy your weekend, stay safe and keep smiling

Saturday afternoon:

Dovo Best Quality 6/8"
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
Simpsons The Commodore X3, Best Badger
Kerkini Aphrodite, soap
Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Cologne

RRVAibv.jpg

Saturday 6th February

ACtC-3d90pENQ8oM-XBNiBLqwDn3z0J3ozecGYp7oVpyLgZBcxZUiyDrkmTPdoFVOSon7AAlsf-ETh1-JpjVevRiyS4vuZDxuoman7y64EWXyCzFFAZalC1Q5oWCIlO4t6lwLLupOyQliGNyyT-yuzMH5KCFww=w1200

L'Oreal Men Expert Pure Charcoal Face Wash
Wickham 1912 Christmas Spruce
Semogue SOC Butterscotch (Boar)
Yaqi Katana w/Windrose Darwin Handle
ASCO Super Stainless (3)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Cologne

Good to be back with a simple stainless blade after a short run with platinums ... I do like a good Super Stainless and ASCO feels good, to me.

8th straight shave and 3rd full face shave with across against and touch ups great shave little irritation on the chin but nothing the Post shave products couldn’t take care of, loving this razor can’t wait to get some money in to add a second to tryView attachment 64408View attachment 64409
Like a duck to water, well done! :)

Paul.

6 February

D R Harris Arlington
PAA Peregino
Merkur Progress
Feather Hi-stainless
Bart’s Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine

View attachment 64404

A very pleasant shave today. The Progress set on 2.5 for both passes is about optimum with a Feather blade (for me).
I just love that brush handle, shape and colour combination.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom