SOTD: Saturday 02 to Friday 08 of October 2021

Sat 2nd SR SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Ariana&Evans Peach & Cognac Splash
The soap scent is really nice! The lather is creamy and slick too...!!
A very enjoyable shave with this razor. Easy, smooth, and comfortable in 3passes for a mixed dfs/ccs/sas result.
Aftershaves were just awesome!!
20211002_123524.jpg

SOTD : 2nd October 2021.

17.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & Head.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Derby Normal Shaving Cream.
Blade Personna Comfort Coated Lab Blue.(D1)
Razor: Snmirn Adjustable.
Face: 4-wtg,8-atg,-6,-pick ups.
Head: 4-wtg,-6,xtg,-8-atg,6,-pick ups.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Calvin Klein Eternity for Men ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Face & Head Shave.

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...I've carried on for another week with the Snmirn Adjustable to get more accustomed to it...I can't recall the last time i added the Personna Comfort Coated Lab Blue to my blade rotation which paired together wonderfully with the Snmirn making a wonderfully smooth efficient duo.

Taking the razor to it's (max) no: 8 setting for the atg+pick up passes there is a noticeable difference but still felt comfortable with no feeling of blade chatter...The 4-8 settings work well for me feeling comfortable and efficient enough. The lower settings 1-3 on the razor should work for a every day shaving or anyone with a lighter stubble.

A enjoyable close comfortable near BBS face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face and precious swede are both feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt211002krjnx.jpg

- Tallow + Steel Shikoku
- Semogue FA 2016 LE
- Alpha Outlaw M with Yaqi handle and Feather blade
- Floïd The Genuine suave aftershave

:D

SOTD 02-Oct
DSC02368.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: SV Cubebe
Razor: Rex Ambasador
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)

Cracking shave, I brought the cubebe out of retirement after picking up the matching ASL, though the soap is fantastic on its own I've been liking the matched sets (where I can get them), and now this one is firmly staying in the rotation. I've loved the scent and performance on this since day one, and the ASL is the exclamation to end the shave.

Excellent finish and ready for the miserable rainy day ahead!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

An early welcome to the weekend shave in monochromatic tones themed 'Not in technocolour'

20211001_185855.jpg

A shave based on early 20th century when someone stole all the coloured paint and the world only came in monochrome.

'I am trying to add some.colour here, but shit, it still comes out in black and white'

The not brass coloured Colonial General
Kai not pink blade
Wee Whiskey Barrel
Signature Soaps Londinium in original (and best) tin

A shave based around items which never fail to give wonderful shaves. This time being no different.

The only thing worth mentioning (and very boring at that) is I am quite sure the blades in this particular pack might be slightly larger than normal as they don't half feel very forward. The edge seems to meet skin earlier than I am used to. Fortunately no cuts, weepers or anything but a few warning signs.

Great turn out from the rest of the show and great results. Feeling ready for the weekend and I hope everyone has a smashing one while in mention.

And you can have a B&W Japanese girly video to see you out. One which at some point someone shouts out 'Found the coloured paint mate'

Do I love you all? Of course I do

BA2A2DA4-FA86-41DB-8B12-95E8B4E9DF35.jpeg

SOTD: 02/10/2021

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Astra SP, first use
Brush: Yaqi Orbital
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Tabac Original
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm

Straight out the bat my first shave with the Blackbird was outstanding! It has given me the closest BBS shave I’ve had in a long time and with much less effort than most razors I have. In my search for a more efficient but gentle shave it definitely hits the mark but has a little more blade feel than I normally like. However as the blade is held so rigid and solidly plus with no blade chatter, it feels a lot less aggressive than I thought it might. In fact I think on low stubble growth days I think I could have got by with 2 passes and a few pick ups on the neck. Today was 3 passes no pick ups, no alum sting which was shockingly pleasant as normally that only occurs when using my Hone. I think this is even after a single shave, solidly in my top 3 razors probably taking a close 2nd to the Hone 15. They are very different razors and this is certainly more aggressive but I love the hone aesthetics just that bit more. The shaves don’t compare as both are a delight. The Hone is a fantastic take your time weekend shaver best enjoyed at leisure, but the Blackbird is amazing quick and dare I say smoother and more efficient.
I don’t think I’ve had a smoother neck shave especially around my adams apple a problem area I’ve had for years. This razor makes me annoyed I spent so much time obsessing on adjustables at the beginning of my wet shaving journey! Can’t wait to try it again! I only hope the guy I traded it with enjoys the Start as much!

02/10/21
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd The Kropp 6/8th #1
Blade - Andrew @Shavers Delights
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S - OSP Sandalwood

Wk 40 (1).JPG
I enjoyed that! The Kropp Pair are in my top 4 straight razors.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Saturday OCtober 2, 2021
Razor: Repeating Injector Type C
Blade: SCHick
Brush: Knothead Zebrawood
Soap: A&E Rèvolution
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: A&E Rèvolution
Fragrance: Spicebomb
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,060

Onto the Open Combs for OCtober which includes some SE's I didn't get to in SEptember also.
IMG_20211001_064501283_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom