SOTD Sat 8th Sept to Friday 14th Sept

Gillette Old Type
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
New Forest 2213
Cella
Witch hazel
Proraso white balm

Trumper Extract of West Indian Limes

Great, close shave. The Old Type's the razor I go to for an ambitious shave. You're definitely aware of the blade on your face with that open comb guard! Don't think much of the Cologne.

New forest tubby 2
Cella
Ikon sk9
Green Astra
Alum
Blightys Punchinello balm

First shave with my new ikon and it's going to take some getting used too. A lot milder than I thought it would be, even on the open comb side, but I still got a nice shave.

THURSDAY EVENING

IMAG0256-1.jpg

Hoffritz OC head with UFO Red Kong handle
Rapira (2)
Semogue OC 2 band
Trumpers coconut shave cream - scuttle lathered
Witch hazel
Bulldog AS balm

Yet another day of hell in what has become the week of hell! Still, nice shave to finish it and it's Friday tomorrow so balls to it!

EJ de89 Barley, loaded with Astra SP (3rd, perhaps 4th shave)
Cella
Vulfix 404 Bodger
Two passes

Floid Vigoroso - mentholacious!

Not bad shave, will have to try the Cella lathered with the New Forest brush as I am now finding the Vulfix a bit scratchy. Guess I've been spoilt using the NF exclusively for so long.
Cracking result though given that the soap is a new factor for me and I haven't used the EJ or the vulfix regularly in months.

Re: RE: SOTD Sat 8th Sept to Friday 14th Sept

IanM said:
Then I go and re-buy a Feather AC SS!

Heh. I had a little mental bet with myself that that was either you or Vinny :).

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Kropp 6/8" in marble resin, restored by UKRob
Brush: Neep #1145 onyx chess pawn 26mm extra silvertip
Soap: D R Harris lavender
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: Trumper's GFT

Two beautiful acrylic objects, one excellent shave.

Friday

Gillette Sensor Excel
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
D.R. Harris Lavender Shaving Soap
Proraso a/s splash

Quick, easy, good result.

Ian

Friday.

Proraso pre shave
Hot towel
Speick soap
EverReady with Feather blade adapted with gem spine
Nivea Balm
4711 A/S

I tried the Feather blade without a spine but it moved in my EverReady so today's shave had a spine added. What a fantastic blade this is, smooth as a billiard ball and no after effects whatsoever.

Greetings

Friday 14th September 2012
Prep: Shower & Facial scrub with Pears soap
Razor: Schick Type I
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Turkish No. 6 Horse?
Soap: Cella
Aftershave: Wilkinson Sword Sensitive Balm

Another great shave with the Cella and my 7th and final shave with this blade I am amazed it has lasted this long, I suspect the fact I shave every day and my beard is only normal/medium helps prolong it's life.

Regards
Dick.

UKRob said:
Friday.

Proraso pre shave
Hot towel
Speick soap
Nivea Balm
4711 A/S

I tried the Feather blade without a spine but it moved in my EverReady so today's shave had a spine added. What a fantastic blade this is, smooth as a billiard ball and no after effects whatsoever.
Fascinating Rob, I have been wanting to try these blades but have been put of by my experiences with the Feather DE's that leave my entire face feeling sore, being a rigid blade with a different edge angle perhaps I might do better with these, any thoughts?

Regards
Dick.

Norfolkdick said:
UKRob said:
Friday.

Proraso pre shave
Hot towel
Speick soap
Nivea Balm
4711 A/S

Fascinating Rob, I have been wanting to try these blades but have been put of by my experiences with the Feather DE's that leave my entire face feeling sore, being a rigid blade with a different edge angle perhaps I might do better with these, any thoughts?

Regards
Dick.

Dick - I've just updated my earlier thread and highly recommend them. Regarding the spine - pm me and I'll let you know how I removed it from the Gem.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
UK made #58/Wilkinson Super Sword (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (black bottle)

BBS results,

Martin

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Ikon S3S
Supermax Platinum (1)
Neep #1214 - Aztec Leopard Skin Jasper