0051024x671.jpg

Gillette Tech
Gillette yellow
New Forest 2213
Trumper GFT cream
Witch hazel
Proraso blue balm

Bleu de Chanel

Pretty reasonable shave. I bowl lathered for once and the cream sample definitely agreed with it. Lovely lather but I won't be making a purchase; the scent's too familiar to the RazoRock XXX and Harris Arlington soaps I own.

Vitos coconut shaving soap
Progress on 2, 1 with Flying Eagle blade

Second of the Chinese blades PIF. Feels much the same as the one yesterday but perhaps a little less sharp. Decent shave but not close on the problem areas.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Kropp 6/8", ivorine scales, restored by Jamie
Brush: New Forest High Mountain Badger
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood
Scent: L'Occitane Verveine

Lather maybe a touch dry, but a good shave regardless.

Mikael said:
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: M&F blond 2 band
Razor: C V Heljestrand B K 42
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Mennen SB
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

0051024x671.jpg

Thats rather a nice bowl - how many times have random blokes said that to you?

barlines said:
I would wager that the bowl is far more easily acquired than the razor. I finally managed to win a razor from this manufacturer which (I hope) will complete my collection. However, it will not compare to this stunning example.

UKRob said:
barlines said:
I would wager that the bowl is far more easily acquired than the razor. I finally managed to win a razor from this manufacturer which (I hope) will complete my collection. However, it will not compare to this stunning example.

I actually put 'and the other bits on there are not bad either' on there as well - read it once and promptly deleted it again :s

Halk said:
It's the stand for the razor that grabs my attention every time!

UKRob said:
barlines said:

Gairdner said:
I was ogling the bowl too. Thou shalt not covet another man's bowl (or razor).

Cheers guys, it's a special edition bowl and it came with my beloved very large Scuttle, made by schwarzweisskeramik in Germany. Hihghly recommended, by me :D

Re the razor - it's one of three that I ever heard of (and I've only seen a pic of one other), the B K 42s are very rare.

Back
Top Bottom