Alum
Cold rinse
TOBS aftershave cream
L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme EDP

Tuesday ii April

Prep: Hot shower, Dove MenCare Sensitive Facial Wash
Pre: Proraso Green Pre
Cream: Proraso Red
Brush: Semogue 1305 (home shaves for a full week, so going to give the 1305 a full run out)
Razor: Feather AS1 (with Ikon dual base plate)
Blade: Feather Seikan #1
Post: Thayers Cucumber WH, Proraso White ASB, L'Oreal Moisturiser
Fragrance: Knize Ten

Result: Went open comb with a Seikan to remove two days growth asap this morning. Like a knife through butter with a sublime cutting sound. It was like a scythe! Wonderful.

Love the Knize Ten, most elegant and refined to my nose, hopefully to others too.

All the best,

Jon

Prep: Proraso White
Cream: Dr Harris - Windsor
Brush: Kent BK8
Razor: UFO U2 Gillette New

A rare outing for my BK8 a beautiful luxurious brush. My first time with my freshly arrived new (thanks Erwin), was a lovely smooth shave, or so I thought. I'm BBS but this thing obviously has more bite then I realised as I have some bad burn on my neck.

3pm Prep
TFS Freschezza Polare
Semogue 1520
Goodfella Black
7oclock Yellow
Witch Hazel Gel.

Survived the Goodfella today but not going to push my luck the rest
Of the week shaving in the hotel.This thing requires all my concentration.

Pre: HS
Soap: NSS Marzipan
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3
Razor: SSA 7/8 roundpoint
AS: Jean Paul Gaultier

25_zpsd569bf92.jpg

TUESDAY EVENING

After an arduous shopping trip (ahem!) and before heading into York for an evening of frivolity (including a trip to an Italian restaurant as recommended by YorkNeil) thought a shave was required to pass muster.

Unpacked my travel kit which is as follows:

IMAG0469_zps32699335.jpg

Gillette long comb New
Rapira (1)
Simpsons Wee Scott
Irisch Moos stick (face lathered)
Witch hazel
WS balm
Blenheim Bouquet EDT

Was delighted to find that York water appears to be much softer than Sheffield. Last time I lived here I wasn't a DE shaver so didn't appreciate it as much as I do now.

Very nice shave, complimented by one of my new sextet of EDTs!

A little late to the party, but my Easter weekend shaves were as follows, except Sunday, when I rested ;)

Hot shower, Liz Earle face soap
Hot flannel
"Bodger" and either Nanny's Geranium or or a hard sandalwood soap (TOBs I think) bowl lathered.
2 passes (wtg/xtg) with my Dovo Natural stropped on a wide suede paddle strop (no pastes.
Post shave, cold flannel, alum and Liz Earle moisturiser.

Only one nick under my nose on the first day and on the whole quite smooth (my wife even commented so). A little tender post shave for about an hour, but no redness or ingrowns. The technique is really improving, but still struggling with the left of my neck. Angles and weird hair growth.

I had to check there was blade in the DE this morning, so smooth was the first pass. It seems the skills are transferable :)

Evening, gents.

Tuesday:

Prep: Claus Porto Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Super Stainless (4)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Kell's Jasmine and Sage
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Terre d'Hermes

Scent from Heaven Issey Miyake style shaving soap
Henk walnut silvertip
Open Comb New on Global Needz handle
Gillette Bleue Extra
Paco Rabane XS a/s

DFS and really enjoyable. Really loving the open comb New head and the heavier handle balances it nicely. Bleue Extra is a lovely blade. Haven't used this soap for a while (more than 3 months as my 'new' phone didn't have the spelling in it) and forgot how good the smell was and as a bonus got a better, more copious lather than ever before! My lathering must have really come on since the tail end of last year.
The XS was the only a/s I fancied and really topped the whole thing off. I love it when a plan comes together :D

A three day growth needing some serious mowing. Time to use the R41.

Proraso pre
Semogue 830 Boar
Mike's Bay Rum Soap
Muhle R41
Astra SS (1)
Thayer's Superhazel
DR Harris Bay Rum AS

Wow! Nice and close. My R41 angle work is improving out of sight as is my R41 no pressure technique.

My favourite razor for those heavy days.
[attachment=6952]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364972871.183877.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364972871.183877.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 19
Wednesday:

LEA Mentholated cream
Semogue 2012 SE
#15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Professor Blighty's Isen Vann AS
Nivea Cool Kick ASB
DR Harris Marlborough EdC

Very nice, minty fresh. The LEA mentolated cream has a real minty kick to it, more so than Ingram's.

Preshave : hot water and lather wash
Brush : body shop synthetic
Soap : tabac stick
Razor : ever ready se
Blade : palm stropped gem se
Post shave : cold water and floid "the genuine" asb

DFS, first time using an se and the body shop brush is either breaking in or works better in very hot water. Impressed with the tabac stick

Prep: Hot Shower and TRSCo Daily Scrub followed by Somersets Extra Sensitive Shave Oil
Brush: Omega 49 Boar
Soap: Tabac puck
Razor: 'New' head on a Merkur handle
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond (1)
Post: Nivea Q10 Balm and then Prof Blighty's Red Ginger AS

First time with the Tabac, scent was a little strong but lather was lovely. Two passes and a close and comfortable shave followed by a mad rush to sort the kids out. Enjoying being able to have a shower on a morning again :) but I need to get up earlier :icon_sad:

Greetings

Wednesday 3rd April 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Flying Wing
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Aftershave: Floid Balm

First shave with my new gold Flying Wing (Bullet Tip) which turned up in the post yesterday from Martin (Dodgy) eight days to cross the Atlantic and that is with three days with no mail in between, you have to say that although both our postal services are no longer cheap they are still quick and usually very efficient.

What a lovely razor in unused condition and it gives a gentle but excellent shave.

The Klar Kabinett soap is new to me and a kind gift from Martin, I like it; it lathers up super easy even in my hard water and is nice and slick, it has the most delicate of Rose scents. I did notice it leaves very little scum in my hard water, perhaps this is because just about all my other soaps are tallow and this is not, it was quite noticeable.

This was my fourth and final shave from the GEM Blue Star, I now feel as happy as I can be that these are indeed a different blade to the Treets and have double the life, at least they do for me.

A lovely shave very many thanks Martin.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04121.JPG

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
ATT Titan M1 / Feather
Simpsons 'Rover' Manchurian Butterscotch
Proraso Blue cream
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm
Tom Ford Cafe Rose

Satisfying.

Back