SOTD Sat 30th Mar - Fri 5th Apr 2013

Please excuse the photo, I've been trying to figure out how to upload a photo within TSR's size limitations. It's been cropped and had the saturation edited, I'm still playing. :blush:

Prep: GFT Rose skinfood.
Razor: Gem open comb micromatic.
Blade: Gem SE (1).
Brush: Simpsons Duke 2 in Best.
Cream: Penhaligon's Blenheim bouquet.
Aftershave: Penhaligon's Blenheim bouquet ASB.
EDT: Penhaligon's Blenheim bouquet EDT.

The result was a crappy shave but I smell lovely. :-/
The shave was absolute torture, the Gem OCMM should be committed to the house of horrors, it was the first time I gained enough courage to give the Gem an outing since buying it of the Bay a couple of weeks ago, it will be going back to the back of the cupboard! It's more lethal and unforgiving than a straight!
On the plus side though this was my first go with Pen's Blenheim, it is beautiful.

Scott.

Some sort of black L'Oréal face wash
Futur
7 O'Clock yellow (1)
Boots shave stick
Semogue SOC 2 band cherry
Old Spice A/S
John Allan Face moisturiser

Result: Good but not great. 7 O'Clock yellows can be a bit funny from time to time. This was one such time.

barlines said:

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Feather Artist Club SS - Pro Blade
Simpsons Tulip T1
The Body Shop Maca Root Cream
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm

Squeaky clean :)

Great picture, but by looking at the tips of the brush, did you photoshop the brush handle to that colour? It is a stunning colour for a handle though, better than butterscotch IMHO. Perhaps Mark of Simpsons is looking? Fingers crossed.

Scott.

Sm304 said:
barlines said:

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Feather Artist Club SS - Pro Blade
Simpsons Tulip T1
The Body Shop Maca Root Cream
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm

Squeaky clean :)

Great picture, but by looking at the tips of the brush, did you photoshop the brush handle to that colour? It is a stunning colour for a handle though, better than butterscotch IMHO. Perhaps Mark of Simpsons is looking? Fingers crossed.

Scott.

LOL-yes its a colour shift feature in my old camera not mould you are seeing :D

Back to work

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream: TOBS Eton College
Brush: Simpson Commodore x2 Best
Razor: Gillette New with UFO 2 handles
Blade: Gillette Super Thin
A/S: TOBS Eton College
Cologne: TOBS Eton College

I haven't use a Gillette Super Thin blade for a while, I had forgotten how good they are, excellent irritation free BBS shave :)

Tuesday, 2.iv.2013

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 605
Savon des Volcans Menthe
Merkur 43C
Lamix Platinum Plus
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Proraso Crema Liquida

P1070121.jpg

Tuesday:

Tabac soap
Semogue 2012 SE
#15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Witch Hazel
T&H Trafalgar AS
Nivea Skin Energy ASB
DR Harris Windsor EdT

Lovely smooth shave. I've decided recently to stop always persuing a BBS shave especially on a work day. Whilst I often got BBS results I sometimes got a bit of irritation on my neck. This morning I didn't do any extensive touch-ups, I still ended up with a shave that was 90% BBS but much more comfortable. I think it's hard sometimes to know when to stop.

Greetings

Tuesday 2nd April 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1924 Shovelhead
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Lea Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Simple Balm

Ultra close shave

Regards
Dick.

DSC04119.JPG

MachM said:
Tuesday:

Tabac soap
Semogue 2012 SE
#15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Witch Hazel
T&H Trafalgar AS
Nivea Skin Energy ASB
DR Harris Windsor EdT

Lovely smooth shave. I've decided recently to stop always persuing a BBS shave especially on a work day. Whilst I often got BBS results I sometimes got a bit of irritation on my neck. This morning I didn't do any extensive touch-ups, I still ended up with a shave that was 90% BBS but much more comfortable. I think it's hard sometimes to know when to stop.
I'm a bit like that. Sometimes I can get the BBS with the extra effort and not suffer for it but often I'm not so lucky. A tendency these days to use aftershave rather than Proraso pre/post cream means I will get sting rather than soothe so that keeps that urge at bay.

Prep Face Wash L'Occitane Verbena Soap
Razor Puma 75 5/8
Strop Kanayama Cordovan #8000
Brush Simpsons M7 LE Finest Silvertip
Cella Crema De Barba
Alum & Witch Hazel
Una Brennan Neroli Moisturiser
Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de Parfum

Jamie.

After a nice brisk but extremely cold 4 mile walk with Oscar the Bedlington Terrier I decided on the Puma good choice and very good shave she delivered.

puma1_zps34e4281c.jpg

Monday Night/Tuesday Morning

Prep: Hot shower, Dove Men +care Face Scrub
Soap: Provence Sante Verlaine (I think) bought from Audiolab
Brush: Omega 10065
Bowl: Steve Woodhead Suribachi
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (1) with shim
Post: Alum, Witch Hazel, Superdrug Sierran Breeze ASL, Boots Freshwood Balm.

Very good shave. First hard soap I've used in a while, and couldn't get it to lather first of all. Half done one pass with little lubrication so washed it off and went at it again with more water on the brush. Thick, sumptuous lather, very impressed with this soap. Smells great, good cushion, and left my face feeling lovely afterwards. No real need for any post shave care as I felt great, but went with it anyway. Also first use of the Rapira blade in the EJ, and again, very impressed. DFS! Still not pushing for BBS, I'd rather enjoy a DFS than push it and cut myself to ribbons.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
'Webly'/Wilkinson Light Brigade (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Boots AS Balm
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Nice getting back to using the Stahly head once again. Although the Tech head gave me a very good shave when coupled with the long Weber handle, the Stahly edges it out as a favorite. Very fun !

BBS results,

Martin

Good afternoon, all.

Prep: Nivea Sensitive Face Wash, Cold Water
Soap: T&H 1805
Brush: Neep 28mm Extra Silvertip
Razor: Polished Weber/Bulldog
Blade: Sputnik (2)
EdT: Lalique Hommaga l'Homme

Smooth and comfortable :) Sputnik lost a little of the magic it had on its first shave but still performed well and without drama. I'm curious to see what will happen on its third shave tomorrow.

Tuesday 2nd April

sotd2413.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Simpsons Emperor 1 super badger brush
Muhle R41 (2013 model)
Polsilver super iridium (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

First shave with a R41 the new 'toned down' one :) I was a little apprehensive as I started to shave with this new razor. I found it aggressive but with a very light touch and care I managed better than expected. The shave is close with 3 passes. I normally take more time to get as close as this with a milder razor. I paired it with one of my very best blades which was a fine choice.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom