SOTD Sat 25th Aug to Friday 31st Aug

2n24osj.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + Jabonman Eucalipto-menta-pino-árbol de té + New Forest 2213 Silvertip + Weber ARC Bulldog with Crystal #5 + Myrsol Fórmula K with Herbíssimo balm

A fresh, "iberian" shave gentleman!

Cheers!

Thursday:
  • Merkur Futur
  • Personna, Red
  • EJ Best
  • Knize Ten Shaving Soap
  • Knize Sec EDT
By far the best of the five Knize scents I've tried and quite easily one of the top 20 fragrances I've ever worn.

not an ideal shave today, mainly because my brush from maquires still hasnt turned up! but still smooth and clean.

Muhle R89
Gillette yellow
nivea sensitive canned goo
sudocrem

goes to show you can still get a decent de shave from canned goo!

Day 4 of DE Shaving - Thursday 06:00

Prep: shower, followed by full face wash.
Razor & Blade: EJ DE87bl + Derby
Brush: EJ Best Badger
Products: Geo F Trumper Extract of Limes skin food, shave soap & cologne.

3 passes plus a few touch ups, a bit of alum, and a touch of moisturiser.

Best shave ever!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: M&F blond 2 band badger (finally I got my hands on one of these and I'm very happy how it behaves initially :D)
Razor: Nesbitt's Crown razor
Soap: Dr Harris Almond + Proraso
AS: Blue Italian Floid
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

0011024x761.jpg

0121024x680.jpg

That Morris & Forndran brush - drool! I've seen one in butterscotch on another channel and it has to be one of the bonniest brushes I've ever clapped eyes on. Not easy to get hold of I read.

Ids said:
not an ideal shave today, mainly because my brush from maquires still hasnt turned up! but still smooth and clean.

Muhle R89
Gillette yellow
sudocrem

Sudocrem? Interesting!!

This evening shave.
First for two days.
So nice hot wash with loteal face scrub ( for main stream product a lot better than Nivea )
Cream TOBS sandalwood. First use really like the smell
Brush Kent bk8 love this brush first badger brush I've bought so easy to lather with
Razor mergress xl
Blade Gillette super thin platinum ( yellow writing from Vietnam) another first for the evening in the mergress had to set to three which is higher than I normally use very good for wtg and xtg on face a bit of a thinker for ATF on neck could feel one small loss of concentration and it would have been a bit messy.
To finish a rub of allum quite stingy mainly think because I've not had as closer shave for a week or so as they've just been quick two pass with the grain to be presentable. Bit of moisturiser and a light splash of TOBS st James aftershave

St James of London pre shave oil
Traditional Shaving Company best badger brush
Truefitt and Hill soap
Merkur HD34G
Derby blade
Witch Hazel
Cool Water balm

Very, very close shave tonight....

DrAnderson said:
Ids said:

Muhle R89
Gillette yellow
sudocrem

Sudocrem? Interesting!!

AS and balms tend to leave me with irritation or spots/ingrowns the next day, sudocrem doesn't! smear it on leaving your face a little white, give it a few minutes and wipe off with the towel.
it leaves a little behind as you can feel it, works a tteat!

Gairdner said:
Pictures please, Martin. Never seen any of that gear! Education......

P.S. I will promise to stop posting YT vids of George Formby if you accede.

No reason to stop posting that crazy wildman's songs. He musta been the cat's pajamas back in the day.

So this brush is kinda old.......no idea of it's true age though. I'd guess it was made anywhere from the 1940s to the 60s or 70s. I originally bought it for the handle, figuring to get another knot, but it turned out to be a nice little brush just as it is.

From what I understand, the handle material was a different off white color when new, but some kinda reaction occurs when it's exposed to light over a long period of time. This one's got a slight beehive pattern going on. I have maybe 6 old timey brushes in various butterscotch colors.

The soap is really good, although once again I can't tell you how old the stuff is, Found this NOS puck at an estate sale a while back. Only a slight clean/soapy scent left, which is ok with me. Lathers like crazy with excellent performance.

No pics of the Executive on this machine, but it's similar to a Fatboy, except it's gold plated. It also has a different handle pattern...one that gives a better grip for me. i think this mighta only been made in 1958, but I'm not positive. It's my go to razor when I wanna try a new to me blade.

Anyway, here you go:

Attachments

• Maid Rite 002 (Small).jpg
    Maid Rite 002 (Small).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Lentheric 002 (Small).jpg
    Lentheric 002 (Small).jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom