SOTD Sat 25th Aug to Friday 31st Aug

pugh-the-special-one said:
Hello Brian, I only just realised who you were, just in case I didn't say hello when you first joined welcome now.

Jamie.

Hi Jamie

Thanks for the welcome! I have been here for a while.....just lurking more than I should!

NF tubby 1
TOBS Eton college
Weber DLC Head/JEC Handle
Polisilver stainless
Profs ASB with 444

Stil haven't changed the blade after god knows how many shaves only just getting a little tuggy. Beautiful clean easy shave. Bloody cut/scar on my face hasn't healed.

Well today was the test of the new Cadet OC Converter Head with the Parker 98R handle. The head is as aggressive as my Old Type and New Long Comb Gillette razors and slightly less aggressive than the Gillette New Improved or the Gillette New Short Comb. Excellent two pass shave. This is also slightly less aggressive than the Cadet TTO-15 I used for the three days prior to today. The razor had an almost true center balance due to the weight of the handle. It also behaved both balance and weight wise like the TTO-15 (no surprise there). If the quality of heads and plating can stay at this level then this will be a boon to OC lovers.

SOTD8-31-2012.jpg

Friday, August 31, 2012. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Dunkin Donuts
Prep: Wash face with Prairie Creations Pre-Shave Soap
Razor: Schick I1
Blade: Schick
Soap: MdC
Brush: Vulfix Burlington Boar
Scuttle/Mug: Sara Bonnyman Bowl

[attachment=5478]

Attachments

• Photo3417.jpg
    Photo3417.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 7
This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Joseph Rodgers "The Favorite", restored by Jamie
Brush: Neep #955 soapstone ball and bobbin silvertip
Soap: Pre de Provence
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood

D R Harris Arlington cream
Progress on 2, 3, 1 with Ladas stainless
M and S Autograph balm

With a lot of stubble and four careful passes I managed BBS but some of neck and a cheek feel hot

Corrado slant
Lord cool
Parker sandalwood with honey
NF 2213
Some sort of skin cream.

Two passes. Good results. Slant bar looks like a vampire shaves like a pussy.
I said shaves like a pussy not shaves a ... Oh never mind.
Anyhoo I find the lord blades a good compromise. Well priced and a good shave.
Cheers
Slake.

i had a sub standard shave on sunday (or monday?) so left it until tonight to have another shave so my face recovered. it didnt help on monday it was the first time i'd used normal soap as prep, first time i'd used my Fatboy and also the first time i'd used a 7 O'clock green perma-sharp blade...

Sunday (or Monday?) was

- Prep wash face with normal soap
- 1960 Gillette Fatboy
- Gillette 7 O'Clock Green Perma-Sharp #1
- EJ Black Badger
- TOBS Jermyn Street Cream
- Proraso Green Post Cream (Old Formula)
- Witch Hazel Gel

My normal 2 pass (1. WTG face and neck, 2. XTG face and ATG neck) bowl lathered, two nicks and lots of irritation.

Friday:-

- Prep was a couple of pints of Guinness before i left Central London + Nivea Face scrub
- 1960 Gillette Fatboy
- Gillette 7 O'Clock Green Perma-Sharp #1
- EJ Black Badger
- Proraso Green Soap (Old Formula)
- Proraso Green Post Cream (Old Formula)
- Proraso Aftershave Lotion (New Formula)

another new blade and my normal 2 pass (1. WTG face and neck, 2. XTG face and ATG neck) face lathered, DFS, no nicks or irritation :D

The Fatboy or Indian 7 O'Clock green's weren't at fault, great news!

Gillette Rocket HD / EJ DE89
Personna Super Platinum Chrome
Vulfix 404 'Bodger'
Palmolive Stick
Alum
Witch Hazel

Not so good tonight. Three passes as I have been doing but razor burn and irritation over most of face although no nicks or weepers. Had to change from the Rocket to the EJ89 shortly after starting the XTG 3rd pass. Ah, that's better. The EJ89 feels so much better in the hand: heavier but more balanced and the longer handle is more comfortable too. I know this is down to technique as I am a beginner and have used the EJ more than any other razor. I had a go with a fat-handle Tech earlier in the week and had to change almost right away as it felt so wrong. So I guess I'm a trifle depsondent but thankful for the EJ and resolved to keep at it. Oh, and Palmolive ain't for me as I can't get as good a lather compared to the other soaps/creams I've used. Oh well.....

Gillette Tech
SuperMax Blue Diamond (2)
Semogue 1520
Proraso white soap
Witch hazel
Proraso blue balm

A quick two passes - WTG, XTG. The brush needs regular use... I haven't used it in a month and it was a bit off with me and unwilling to yield much lather. Wonderful soap and balm though; the Proraso boys know what they're doing. In and out of the bathroom in 10 minutes including shower.

I think Ill be the last to post this week! What a shave! A personna, USA type forth shave. In the futur I took apart and tweeked! First pass on 5.5 second on 3 and last on 1! NICE. I used my old mans's Vintage Kent with Truefitt and Hill soap! Cleaned up an ole weeper with alum and finished off with Visal aftershave gel! ( Thanks to my boss Luigi for picking it up in Sicily! )

Gairdner said:
That Morris & Forndran brush - drool! I've seen one in butterscotch on another channel and it has to be one of the bonniest brushes I've ever clapped eyes on. Not easy to get hold of I read.

Cheers, it's a lovely brush and they're indeed hard to obtain. Lee, who sells and have them made has a special way of selling brushes, for sure. We once tried to buy a forum brush from him (cheers Tony), but it never panned out, even though knowing him and having all the time in the world for it.

Back
Top Bottom