SOTD Sat 17 To sat 24 November

Mikael said:
Man, I just found a Feather RG, folding and some pro guard blades (almost a full pack)... Only used three times. Man, what to do with it? Where did I put that picture, aha, here it is:
0111024x683-1.jpg

:icon_lol: see Martin how quick that was like I said slipping again...

But no think about it Martin no stropping / honing that's one pretty good way of starting with a straight, some people go this way to that goal.

My dad loved shaving with his straight but could never keep them sharp so........ could this be the perfect way for you?

I can categorically state that the Feather Artist Club is hands down the single most effective shaving implement ever created.

It can do in one pass what other razors only manage in three.

The ONLY thing stopping me buying one again is the fact my youngest (12) would very likely find it and probably cut his foot off ... or something.

joe mcclaine said:
I can categorically state that the Feather Artist Club is hands down the single most effective shaving implement ever created.

The ONLY thing stopping me buying one again is the fact my youngest (12) would very likely find it and probably cut his foot off ... or something.

I keep my straights locked away,so no fiddling fingers can touch. I did give them a demonstration with a piece of paper, they know how sharp they are so they respect them ( and fear them).

John said:
joe mcclaine said:

I keep my straights locked away,so no fiddling fingers can touch. I did give them a demonstration with a piece of paper, they know how sharp they are so they respect them ( and fear them).

My son is a walking patchwork quilt.

If you can trip over it, fall down it, drop it on yourself, cut yourself with it or burn yourself with it ... he'll find it and do it.

John said:
Mikael said:
Man, I just found a Feather RG, folding and some pro guard blades (almost a full pack)... Only used three times. Man, what to do with it? Where did I put that picture, aha, here it is:

:icon_lol: see Martin how quick that was like I said slipping again...

But no think about it Martin no stropping / honing that's one pretty good way of starting with a straight, some people go this way to that goal.

My dad loved shaving with his straight but could never keep them sharp so........ could this be the perfect way for you?

Man, you guys are real imps,

Those Feather razors do look good to me and I've even handled one. Nice piece, although I had no desire to actually use the thing. Mikey, thanks very much for thinking of me....

And John........even bringing your dear old dad into the mix. Brought a small tear in one eye. So you're saying that type's one of them 'Gateway' razors? Sounds dangerous.

Smartin

joe mcclaine said:

Sigh.........you too Vinnie?

Gents, please stop, my laughter lines can't cope with all of this! Especially you two, Smartin and Vinny. Cut his foot off indeed! :icon_lol:

joe mcclaine said:
John said:
joe mcclaine said:

My son is a walking patchwork quilt.

If you can trip over it, fall down it, drop it on yourself, cut yourself with it or burn yourself with it ... he'll find it and do it.
Probably best kept away from him then, if he's that bad,having something like that in your place will only turn into a huge cluster fuck, better to be on the safe side.

Well Martin,yes it is a getaway razor if you like, care free,all you have to do is change the blade and clean it ...super and all you have to do is pm Micky your home address and it will appear on your door mat "bing"

As for my dad ,yes he would have loved this razor ,and so would you if only you would try it.

NotTheStig said:
I think what Dodgy is saying is he isn't man enough for a straight. I know I'm not!

I will say you have to be determined with one, and yes It takes time, skill and patience ,due to the fact that all aspects of straight razor shaving must be learn't the old fashioned way, and yes even after a year I'm still learning but it's fun doing that.
Yes the most dangerous part is the first few shaves but unless you are a clumsy clot...the worst thing that happens is a nick or a small cut and I've had a few of them I can tell you.

I think Micky has a walk about straight doing the rounds, I don't know if its still active......if you like?

Today, a fresh shave!

2m7akk7.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + KissMyFace Cool Mint + Vulfix 2234 + Schick Krona with Schick #1 + Proraso splash and balm

First shave with this KMF cream! Very higienic system (just a couple of squeeze in a bowl and go!) and the lather you get is really good with a cool mint chewing gum scent, hehe. A good add for next summer shaves for sure!

Cheers!

Cold wash
Proraso Pre/post
Institut Karite soap
M&F blonde badger
GEM OCMM
Holland&Barrett alum stick
Lucky Tiger AS
Rene Kern ASB

BBS (shaved last night, and it's still pretty smooth). IK is a decent soap, but doesn't lather as easily as, say, MdC. Lucky Tiger and that Rene Kern (with avocado oil and camomile) are really great aftershave products.

Hot water (from the kettle for now)
Edwin Jagger Sandalwood shaving cream sample
Edwin Jagger tortoiseshell bristle
Progress on 1.5, 1 with Schick Plus Platinum (third shave I think)
M&S Woodspice a/s

Superb.Thought the blade might be dulling but it managed a BBS shave.

Back
Top Bottom