SOTD Sat 16th Feb - Fri 22th Feb 2013...

L'Oreal for men facewash.
Ursa Major shaving cream.
Muhle R89 razor with Personna red #2
Neals Yard ASB.
Paco Rabanne pour homme EDT.

Received a trial pot of the Ursa Major shaving cream from Nkdman a while ago, first use of it today. The cream gave a nice nick free shave, however I prefer a lather shave & as this is brushless, missed a few bit's !

SATURDAY MORNING

Gillette Old Type Big Fellow
Rapira (2)
Semogue 1305
Woodhead suribachi with odds n'sods
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

A lovely looking razor, but crikey it's a vampire. Requires a very light touch as I found to my cost. A pass with alum was, erm, interesting and I had to wield the styptic pencil on a cut on my chin about four times!

Tall_Paul said:
SATURDAY MORNING

Gillette Old Type Big Fellow

A lovely looking razor, but crikey it's a vampire. Requires a very light touch as I found to my cost.

Yep, that thing has some bite. I meant to warn you when I saw your earlier post, but as usual I forgot. Figured it might not be for you, seeing as how we have similar druthers in most cases.

I was also gonna mention the Big Fellow handle being similar to the latest Weber long handle version, which I really like a lot.

Well, it'll be interesting to see what you do with that thing. Certainly easy to sell if it comes to it. Hah, I should talk. There's one in my arsenal that I never use. Sheeeesh.

Saturday 02-16-13.

4ea54455-6d4f-48cc-a4cb-4b773ca7f553.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Gillette Aristocrat Jr. - Astra green #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Calani Oriental Plum - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Healt & Aloe CRG - ASL Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum.

Edwin Jagger boar
Kent (Mitchell's Wool Fat)
Progress on 2, 1.5, 5 for the tricky bits
Ever Sharp super stainless (thanks Dave B)
Superdrug Forest Fresh a/s

Good job. These blades are nicely smooth and quite sharp. For my wire wool stubble it's a struggle on my toughest bits but certainly not bad by any means.

Saturday 16th

sotd16213.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Trumpers coconut hard soap scuttle lathered
Simpsons POLO 8 best badger brush
Merkur Progress long handle set at 2.5
Rainbow blade
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Nivea post shave balm

Comfortable shave. I was unsure what to expect from the Rainbow blade one I'd seen mentioned on another thread. I ordered 10 from Connaught to try them. They're OK really nothing bad to say about them I'll see how they hold up for my usual 3 shaves and out.

Brian

Real Shaving Co hot towel mask
Body shop Maca root shave cream
Restored EverReady 200 24mm super Badger brush
Weber Arc wave handle razor
Rapira blade
Pinaud Clubman vanilla A/S
Village Barber balm
RL Safari

Becoming very fond of my Weber even though I prefer OC, always seems to give a nice smooth shave providing I use a decent blade, just 2 passes and a DFS it's making me reconsider wether I need an Atlas R1 now!

Afternoon, gents.

Saturday:

Prep: Claus Porto Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 head with an iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (1)
Brush: Ecotools Bamboo Finishing Kabuki brush
Shave soap: Arko stick
A/S: Ricardo L'Homme - Musk
Cologne: Kouros

Another cold-water shave that turned out very well indeed. I picked up the aftershave in the 99p shop in Carmarthen: it's strong and nicely musky and could work as a cologne, but after a few hours I fancied some Kouros on top of the aftershave.

I smell like 1972.

Prep: Cold water face wash
Soap: L'Occitane Cade
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
A/S: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Weleda After Shave Balm
EDT: Pen's Juniper Sling

dodgy said:
Yep, that thing has some bite. I meant to warn you when I saw your earlier post, but as usual I forgot. Figured it might not be for you, seeing as how we have similar druthers in most cases.

I was also gonna mention the Big Fellow handle being similar to the latest Weber long handle version, which I really like a lot.

Well, it'll be interesting to see what you do with that thing. Certainly easy to sell if it comes to it. Hah, I should talk. There's one in my arsenal that I never use. Sheeeesh.

It's far too purdy to get rid of Mart. I shall admire and stroke it occasionally, and maybe use it once in a while!

This is my third old type. This one and the Canadian one are for sadomasochists. However, the ABC Pocket Edition is a lovely shaver as well as being probably my purdiest razor (would like more, but cannot afford!)

Today's Shave

1930s Gillette Tech
Feather Blade
NSS French lavender Soft shaving soap lathers Very nicely in my Suribachi Bowl:icon_biggrin:
Kent Bk8 Brush

Results smooth and comfy shave

You may be looking at my sotd,and think why is john using a Tech?
I'm under the wether :icon_sad: But I refuse to let some microscopic germ stop me from using a vintage razor :icon_razz:

I'd like to address this microscopic parasite if I may

you aint scarring me, and you aint stopping me so....
upyours.jpg

UP YOUR'S OLD CHAP:)

Back
Top Bottom