SOTD Sat 16th Feb - Fri 22th Feb 2013...

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac D01 2band
Razors: Tusoke + GEM (for head)
Soap: Cade
AS: Old Spice, Fresh Lime
Edt: Pen, Castile
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean :)

This is my meanest razor (the Kamisori), point is like a chisel point (but I'll be damned if I mute it) and it's scary sharp, I don't think I've shaved once with it without getting nicked. This time I was in hurry as well :-/, needless to say I was nicked a couple of times, nothing serious though, but I knew I was in hurry but didn't change razor - why??
0031024x787_zps95cc020a.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Kent size 4
Razor: Timor TTO (needed a milder shave bit too close earlier in the week with the slant)
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
AS: Sunburyboy's bayrum

Nice presentable shave not fully bbs but good enough to go look at wedding venues today

Mikael said:
I knew I was in hurry but didn't change razor - why??

Och, you were just trying to man-up to the beastie, Mikael. Refusing to have your male ego dented and proving you were the master and not the razor. I think another word may be 'foolhardy' but that is a bit harsh. I often try to man-up to my Gilette #77 DE but it knows it's the master! :icon_cry2:

Gairdner said:
Och, you were just trying to man-up to the beastie, Mikael. Refusing to have your male ego dented and proving you were the master and not the razor. I think another word may be 'foolhardy' but that is a bit harsh. I often try to man-up to my Gilette #77 DE but it knows it's the master! :icon_cry2:

True words! I always think I'll be extra careful when taking this one out, but that I can do it, if I'm careful ... Sometimes I hear a laughter when I'm finished with it, don't know if it's the razor or the devil laughing or if the two are the same?

3p Pre Shave
TFS Zagara&Gelsomino Shave Soap
Omega 11126 Ovangkol
Merkur 33c
Astra sp
Witch Hazel Gel.
Better shave today as the cold is getting better.Not a bad start to
The weekend.

Cold shower
Proraso pre/post
Himalaya soap from Soap Opera
M&F blonde badger brush
Merkur 37c w/Astra
Myrsol Agua de Limon
Institut Karite ASB

Very nice and comfortable and uber clean, like our friend Mikey says - that soap IS something special, need to return to it more often (yep, technique and razor aside, I'm a strong believer in lather as a crucial medium to a great shave).

Greetings

Saturday 16th February 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Injector I1
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Burma Shave Boar
Soap: Tabac stick grated into a container
Aftershave : Floid Balm

A brilliant shave. A change of injector in order to compare the Schick J3 against the Schick I1, and the shave quality from the two heads to me seems exactly the same; however the shorter handle on the I1 makes it (IMHO) an easier razor to handle and thus more pleasant to shave with.

Regards
Dick.

DSC03883.JPG

Helveticum said:
Cold shower
Proraso pre/post
Himalaya soap from Soap Opera
M&F blonde badger brush
Merkur 37c w/Astra
Myrsol Agua de Limon
Institut Karite ASB

Very nice and comfortable and uber clean, like our friend Mikey says - that soap IS something special, need to return to it more often (yep, technique and razor aside, I'm a strong believer in lather as a crucial medium to a great shave).

I'm curious with the cold shower part, is it cool shower with a little heat or full on cold tap? If it's the latter, how do you do it!!

vg5rv6.jpg

Pre hot towel and AoS Pre Oil + AoS Sandalwood shaving cream + Semogue SOC + Pearl SHD-33 open comb with Astra blue #1 + Thayers Medicated Superhazel + GFT Skinfood Sandalwood

Much better sensations than before with this razor: a new, sharper blade and a careful manage have produced a really smooth shave without nicks/irritation!

Cheers!

Origin Best Gold Steel in Ebony restored by UKRob
Neep #1214 - Aztec Leopard Skin Jasper
Proraso Blue cream
Witch Hazel
Surrati Tom Aoud

An infinitely better effort than yesterdays hatchet job :)

Prep: Hot Shower
Scuttle: Schwarzweisskeramik
Brush: Thater 4125/00 2-band Fan
Cream: Castle Forbes Lime
Razor: Clauss 6/8 Half Hollow
Astringent: Osma Alum
Aftershave: TOBS No.74 Victorian Lime

SOTD4_zps9c74051b.jpg

Result: Nice smooth shave. BBS except for a bit under the chin due to being slightly hurried.

The razor was a beater I bought to see what the fuss was about Clauss blades. It can take a good edge - after cleaning, I followed a Chosera 1k, Coticule, JNat, Y/G Escher progression. The microscope showed the usual bright saw-toothed line at 100x that I often see, so I put it under a few laps on a La Lune Special Stone. That helped eliminate it and bring the razor to full sharpness.
Stropped on a Kanyama "3" shell strop for a couple hundred laps and had a very nice, smooth shave. Edge as expected is a little deformed afterwards.

Hot flannel
Proraso Pre, white
Simpsons Colonel X2L brush, Cella soft soap
Weber Polished, Gillette 7 o'clock green
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

First time with the Cella. I have to say that it's the best soap I've used so far. It has a sheen on it and produced a lovely thick lather with a very pleasing slickness. But... even though I'm a real marzipan-head, I found the scent a bit overpowering at times

Just back from a bit of indoor rock-climbing (bouldering) so a quick tidy-up before meeting the owd man for the football.

Gillette Sensor Excel
Barbasol shaving cream
Chanel Cuir De Russie EDT

Saturday

Hot Shower with Men-U Face Wash
Hot Flannel
Proraso Pre (Green)
EJ89L, Astra SP Blade
Trumpers Rose Shave Cream
NF Brush 2213 Silvertip
Cold Splash
Which Hazel
Trumpers Coral Skin Food
TOBS Sensitive AS Balm

Result: Beautiful close shave with no irritation!

:D

Back
Top Bottom