SOTD Sat 15th Sept to Frid 21st Sept 2012

GDCarrington said:
So nice I had to use it twice!

8007757656_681ced729b_b.jpg
I have one of these, in original box with matching gold PAL blades. I don't use it much as it's a little aggressive for me.

Progress on 2, 1
Cadet De Luxe vintage blade (first try with one of these; had them for ages)
Proraso soap

Hadn't used the soap for a while and with the familiar mint smell was a distinct cheese one! Gross. I nearly threw it out but it looked ok so tried a test lather and a good scrub got rid of the smell so the soap is saved. Anyone else had this problem?

I binned the blade as they're not the best for longevity. It was a reasonably close shave in patches, not so good in others. No nicks and although the first pass was very draggy it settled after that, like most blades of the time do. (I'm guessing it's 1940s-1950s).
CadetDeluxeThin.jpg

Friday 09- 21-12. MUSIC: The Specials_LP The Specials.

The+specials+-+Front+Cover.jpg

Afeitado_2012-09-21_zpsc61f9b61.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran 28X56 - Gillette Rocket 500 HD - Polsilver #2 - Pre JASÖN - Geo F. Trumpers Coconut shaving soap - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Speick - ASL Aubrey Organics City Rhythms.

Friday - A shave before a job interview:

T+H Grafton cream
Penhaligons brush in best
Merkur 37 slant
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
DR Harris Pink aftershave

3 passes, shave went well, interview went well.

Another nice two pass shave tonight:

Prep: Face wash with Bull Dog face wash
Brush: Traditional Shaving Company best badger
Razor: Merkur HD 34G
Blade: Derby Extra
Soap: Truefitt and Hill
Post Shave: Lathered face, washed off with hot water, washed face with Bull Dog face wash and rinsed off with cold water. Boots Freshwood AS balm

Friday 21st September

Hot shower and Facial scrub
Vitos Pre/Post shave cream
Sanguine Tribal Cool Blade /Bic Platinum
Frank Shaving Berwick in Finest
Florena Shave Cream
Simple Facial Toner
Unrefined Shea Butter
Old Spice Musk AS
Morgan's Classic Pomade

I recently bought a few Sanguine shavette type razors. They are cheap and they all have the same blade retention systems, giving a very nice exposure and good shaves. They also allow me to use DE blades which have been rejected for DE use. It doesn't seem to matter what blades I use in a shavette.....they just seem to work! Today was a 3 pass BBS.

Weber Bulldog DLC
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow
EJ Best Black Badger
MWF
Proraso Post Cream (Old Formula)
Witch Hazel Gel

My first shave with MWF, this stuff explodes into a lather, i just soaked my brush in hot water (very hard water) for a couple of minutes as normal, put some hot water on the top of the MWF at the same time, loaded the brush for about a minute or so (the same way i load all my soaps) - far too much lather for a 2 pass shave!

great stuff, i'll be using MWF a lot!

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: J. A. Henckels 72 1/2, 6/8"
Brush: Neep #1156 cocobolo chubby 24mm extra silvertip
Soap: D R Harris Marlborough
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes Cologne

Maiden shave with this razor, and very fine it is.

Back
Top Bottom