SOTD Sat 14/07/12 - Fri 20/07/12

English Ever Ready 1912
Gem SE blade (2)
Simpsons Hive Manchurian
Myrurgia stick - face lathered
Witch hazel
Institut Karite AS balm

Last nights shave was so good I thought I'd use pretty much the same ingredients!

The Hive needs breaking in a bit, so wasn't as easy to build a good lather with as the eagle. Got there in the end though.

I also think 3 shaves might be it for this blade. It was starting to drag a tiny bit towards the end.

This evening's shave was performed to the music of Grieg :icon_surprised:

Gillette Slim Adjustable
Astra SP (1)
New Forest brush
Kappus shave cream

Three passes, set the slim to 7 for the first (wtg) and then 4 for the second and third (wtg, atg)

could have done with touchups but felt I was pushing my luck so stopped while I was unharmed :icon_razz:

Floris Elite AS to finish. Mmmmmm, nice.

Thursday, 20.vii.2012

Prebarba Vitos
Semogue 1550
"Pó de sabão" shaving cream
Merkur 43C
Derby Extra
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Floïd Vigoroso

P1060587.jpg

No pre-shave
Mama Bear's Lime Ice shaving soap
Gold plated Fat Tech with Personna '74
Proraso pre- and post- shave cream as post

Still some soreness (most noticeable now the cooling of the two menthol products has worn off) but the Tech has given me the best shave out of it, the Fatboy and the Progress with this blade (in terms of lessening soreness). If I did a whole shave with the Progress set to 1 it might trump the Tech though?

This is the fourth shave with this blade, with lots of touch-ups, so for most people probably closer to 6 shaves in. It's still very sharp.

Friday:

La Toja soap stick
Semogue SOC Boar
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Pro blade (7)
Alum
Professor Blighty's Harlequin AS

Getting better all the time. Tried using alum on my fingers to help with skin stretching and it really helped. No blood today, not even one of the tiny nicks I usually manage to get.

Shower / EJ Pre Shaving Cream / Merkur 1904 Classic / IP red blade / Semogue 2040HD/ Godrej cream/ Old Spice / Nivea Balm / Old Spice Deodorant

20072012.jpg

today's shave
20120718339.jpg

Dove soap/hot face cloth prep
Kropp 5/8 straight
Kent BK2 Brush
Razor Rock classic
Cold face cloth to finish

Result BSS WTG

Sorry about not posting, I have been building a chest out of wood ( you know what flat pack furniture is like ):mad::mad:

1913 Shovelhead
Gem Blade
King of Shaves Menthol shave oil
Professor Blighty's Harlequin Soap
Alum
Professor Blighty's Harlequin A/S

I have been using a DE for a few days and was not paying enough attention to the fact that today I was using an SE . I was too hard with the Razor and grazed myself quite badly. I took off skin probably the size of a 1p piece. Damn sore and bloody. But bless the alum block...it stopped the drip almost immediately.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
1958 Executive/Personna 74 (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Caron Yatagan AS (1970s version)
Caron 'Yatagan' EdT (1970s version)

Last few days shaves have been with the same razor/blade combo. Probably used this blade 6-7 times and it's still doing a nice job.

BBS results,

Martin

Toyo Frameback 665

Ingrams SC

homemade brush

Stephan's Island Lime

Someplace in the house I have a never used NOS Toyo 663 too but I'll be damned if I can find it,lol. Very nice shave with the 665 this morning using Ingrams SC. These Japanese frame backs are great shaving razors, IMO. If the mailman is good to me today, I'll have a couple of brush projects this weekend.

photo hosting

Back
Top Bottom