Proraso Sensitive Pre/Post cream
Revisor 6/8 in Horn
New Forest 1901 Super Badger 2 Band
Nannys Forest of Norway Soap
Myrsol Metilsol AS
Organic Shea Butter
Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb
Morgans Classic Pomade

A lovely shave today. The NF1901 is a great little brush, and the Revisor delivered a smooth and really close shave.

Prep - Hot Towel, Palmolive S/S
Razor - Muhle '11 R41
Blade - Astra S/P
Brush - Duke 3
Soap - Olivia's Natural Shaving Cream
Cold Rinse/ Witch Hazel/ RazoRock Aftershave Wax

Olivia's lather is still a bit hit/ miss, but bejeezers it does leave yer skin feeling fantastic, and the end result means I'll be stocking up on this as it runs out!!
:)

Global Needz stainless handle with Gillette Tech head (part of the £8 ebay, stainless steel handle)
Personna Medical Prep / Polsilver Stainless
TOBS coconut shaving cream
EJ boar
M&S Woodspice balm

It was tricky getting a blade onto the two prongs. The blade bent and caught on them. I tried another brand of blade and it was the same problem. The first blade I managed to get on and the shave was very aggressive, the second I couldn't get to line up. Considering the handle was the main selling feature for me, I binned the head and baseplate and continued with a Tech head.

Prep: Hot shower and proraso white
Cream: T&H West Indian limes sample
Razor: Weber DLC/UFO U2 - Polisilver Stainless
Brush: NF Tubby 1

Beautiful BBS shave makes up for the awful one a couple of days ago. T&H sample was interesting I would like a citrusy scent, but it's still a little artificial. Good lather and slip though. Going to London in a couple of days so will go into the shop and see what 1805 is about as it has rave reviews.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
1958 Executive/Personna74
Klar Kabinett SS
Old Spice Whitewater AS, and more was used as cologne as well.

BBS results,

Martin

Mikael said:
Razor: C V Heljestrand M K 31
I've fixed a couple of razors lately and two stuck out, this and another M K 31,
0161024x703.jpg
[/align]

Hi Mikey!.

Man, that #31 looks familiar for some reason. Probably just my imagination, but that razor reminds me of one I sent to you a while back for 'reconditioning'. You remember.....one of three that you never received. Crazy as it seems, they both had that same mark on the scales.

What are the odds,

Martini

Attachments

• cv heljestrand 003 (Small).jpg
    cv heljestrand 003 (Small).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 12
  • cv heljestrand 002 (Small).jpg
    cv heljestrand 002 (Small).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 18
dodgy said:
Mikael said:
Razor: C V Heljestrand M K 31
I've fixed a couple of razors lately and two stuck out, this and another M K 31,
0161024x703.jpg
[/align]

Hi Mikey!.

Man, that #31 looks familiar for some reason. Probably just my imagination, but that razor reminds me of one I sent to you a while back for 'reconditioning'. You remember.....one of three that you never received. Crazy as it seems, they both had that same mark on the scales.

What are the odds,

Martini

See that set ...if its the same one that I was watching on eBay a while ago,the same one that ended before I could get my bid in....and I lost my temper and punched the fridge forcing me to replace the bulb ( because I hit the fridge that hard I blew the bulb) and now I have an oven bulb instead of a fridge one.....the same looking set that appeared in micky's hands.......do tell

Guys, guys ... First, that is a strange coincidence indeed, I'm flabbergasted too, but it was common in Sweden to mark your razor with a sign or a name on the scales ... I guess it was a way of trying to prevent someone from nicking the razor - but what could they do if someone actually nicked it anyway? Just asking :angel:

We're cool John, I've had this 7 day case for a long time. It's a nice case and maybe I'll try and fill it with 7 Heljes, but only smaller types fits though 4/8 and so.

PS to Martini:
My other M K 31 actually is much more alike - if you look where the thumb notch meets the blade, you can see a little incision (on your late M K 31), that incision you don't see on the razor I used yesterday, but indeed so on the other one I restored :D

Mikael said:
Guys, guys ... First, that is a strange coincidence indeed, I'm flabbergasted too, but it was common in Sweden to mark your razor with a sign or a name on the scales ... I guess it was a way of trying to prevent someone from nicking the razor - but what could they do if someone actually nicked it anyway? Just asking :angel:

We're cool John, I've had this 7 day case for a long time. It's a nice case and maybe I'll try and fill it with 7 Heljes, but only smaller types fits though 4/8 and so.

PS to Martini:
My other M K 31 actually is much more alike - if you look where the thumb notch meets the blade, you can see a little incision (on your late M K 31), that incision you don't see on the razor I used yesterday, but indeed so on the other one I restored :D

LOL Don't worry I'd have bean happy if you had won them,at least they would have gone to a good home.I punched the fridge because I'd forgotten to check the time, when I remembered to check there was 10 seconds remaining :blush:

Back
Top Bottom