SOTD 6th-12th Oct

Prep: Nivea Face Scrub
Razor: Weber Bulldog DLC
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Simpsons Duke 2 Best
Soap: MWF
After: Proraso Post Cream (Old Formula)
AfterAfter: Proraso Aftershave Lotion (New Formula)

Another great shave

Every time i lather MWF i get a bit quicker at producing an awesome lather, i love the way this soap makes my face feel after a shave. I think this is now my favourite soap.

I think the Duke 2 is the perfect size for a 2 pass face lather.

Last night (Fri 12th):
Scent from Heaven Frankincense shaving soap
Fatboy on 4 with US Personna
Proraso pre/post

Was still a little sore from Thursday night's Feather and Fatboy on 7 but took it easy and it went well. DFS.

Nice to see you enjoying a piece of Japanese steel Rick, It's certainly one of my favourite razors.

Dr Rick said:
This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: G Towa T 6/8"
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Soap: Trumper's West Indian Limes
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: Lalique Encre Noire

What a razor. Great scent too.

Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood Soap
Razor Vintage Japanese Fon Golden Star
Brush Le Tuft Chubby 1.5 in Lignum Vitae
Palmolive
Alum & Witch Hazel
Clinique Moisturiser
Penhaligon's Castile EDT

Jamie

Super shave two pass shave BBS.

mf.jpg

What a picture! Beautiful razor but the brush is....:heart:

Lignum vitae, highly water resistant, probably thee hardest wood ever and a complete tool blunter. Due to demands on all sorts of metal during the war, many US vessels had their prop shaft and propeller made from LV and they coped just fine in the marine environment.

That's probably the nicest brush I've ever seen. I've drooled all down my shirt. :angel:

Thanks Graeme, I know you do a bit of wood carving, and you are absolutely dead right about the Lignum Vitae, the strange thing as hard as it is, Bill of Le Tuft brushes told me It's a dream to turn on the lathe, and one of his favourite woods.

Jamie

Gairdner said:

Lignum vitae, highly water resistant, probably thee hardest wood ever and a complete tool blunter. Due to demands on all sorts of metal during the war, many US vessels had their prop shaft and propeller made from LV and they coped just fine in the marine environment.

That's probably the nicest brush I've ever seen. I've drooled all down my shirt. :angel:

Now that is a surprise! Perhaps its the oily nature of the wood and the dense grain? Mind you, I predominately carve greenwood (to a mediocre standard) and there's not much chance of me getting any green LV, is there. I suspect Bill is just such a superb craftsman that he keep his tools in tip top shape and knows his business inside out. Old bowling ball was it?

pugh-the-special-one said:
Thanks Graeme, I know you do a bit of wood carving, and you are absolutely dead right about the Lignum Vitae, the strange thing as hard as it is, Bill of Le Tuft brushes told me It's a dream to turn on the lathe, and one of his favourite woods.

Jamie

Gairdner said:

Gairdner said:
Due to demands on all sorts of metal during the war, many US vessels had their prop shaft and propeller made from LV and they coped just fine in the marine environment.

You sure about that?

LV in strips was used as the tailshaft bearing - outside the stern gland, where the prop shaft passed out through the hull. A very long bearing, sea water lubricated and cooled. The bearing strips were inspected every time the tailshaft was drawn inboard every thirty months in those days. I don't recall seeing many replaced. Modern ships use a white metal tailshaft bearing, of course, oil lubed.

However, that is one to die for brush!

[/font]
Dobbo25 said:
G.F.T Shave Cream
New Goodfella Razor
Feather Blade
Proraso Balm

Worst shave of the week,
I always use an Astra SP in a new razor, so why not this time? face on fire, If there was an icon with a knob coming out of his head, I would use it in this thread :icon_lol:

This has got to be the most inconsistent razor ever made.I have tried every single
blade i have and it can be good one day and with the same blade utter rubbish
the next. I did find that the Feather was a bit to sharp .I will try the Astra Again.

salesman said:
[/font]
Dobbo25 said:
G.F.T Shave Cream
New Goodfella Razor
Feather Blade
Proraso Balm

Worst shave of the week,
I always use an Astra SP in a new razor, so why not this time? face on fire, If there was an icon with a knob coming out of his head, I would use it in this thread :icon_lol:

This has got to be the most inconsistent razor ever made.I have tried every single
blade i have and it can be good one day and with the same blade utter rubbish
the next. I did find that the Feather was a bit to sharp .I will try the Astra Again.

Ah, I take it you have a bit of a love hate with this razor, I'm going to try it with my Muhle R89 Grande handle and see how it fairs, To be honest the right side of my chin has not been this raw since I used a Feather AS-D1 razor, Which I subsequently got rid off :icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom