SOTD 23rd Sept
Brush - PAA Scarcroft
Soap - PAA John Frum
Razor - Gem Micromatic Open Comb
Blade - Gem Personna SSC #12
Post - Boots Freshwood Twins
Wow, wow and wow!
Simply stunning shave.
Newly acquired brush courtesy of @Wintermute and BST whipped up a great lather. It feels very similar to my very favourite brush - the Yaqi Giotto - but with a longer and heavier handle - it's also superbly retro - which is enough for me.
3 passes resulted in a true face feeler of a finish on a 48hr stubble.
Blade still going strong and the razor is a delight to use. I still treat it with alot of respect but the finish is worth the concentration.
That was a special shave and just what I needed after covering a few extra shifts in work.
Take care all, continue to stay safe and enjoy your shaves

Thursday 23rd September

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Palmolive Shave Stick (Grated)
Omega Professional 28mm Blonde Boar
RazoRock SLOC w/Souplex Bakelite Handle
Treet Platinum (1)
Puig Quorum Aftershave

Being a cap rider, if I see comb marks in the lather it's a visual feedback that my angle is wrong. Seeing striations from the cap itself took some getting used to, but I found my groove quick enough and whipped off the stubble cleanly and safely.

Yeah! Novel concept. Like the original (now vintage) design, I do wonder if it's just a gimmick and the enhhanced smoothness is all in the mind. Nevertheless, nice shave.

Last edited:

Prep: Shower with No. 7 exfoliating face wash.

Pre: PAA cube unscented.

Soap: PAA high jump 47.

Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite Synthetic Shaving Brush.

Razor: Tatara Masamune.

Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword.

Post: Alum, Baxter’s aftershave balm and PAA high jump 47.

A great new soap, just the standard paa base but still great. It smells like a mature autumnal citrus scent, and according to paa is a barbershop mixed with Breu Branco, Amber, Bitter Orange & Bergamot, Animalic Musk. I just know it smells great! The Masamune knocked the stubble out the park. Finally the paa aftershave/cologne was one of the best artisan ones I’ve tried, strong and lasting especially in comparison to my Stirling which of the 3 I have never seem to last beyond lunch this was good until early evening.
Enjoy your evening guys.

This evening brought a shave themed 'Length is not important and other excuses'

The long and the short - Claymore Evolution
Cut a long story short - Feather Super Professional
How long? - Wee Whiskey Barrel
- Officina Artigiana
- Laboratory Perfumes Samphire

You expecting War and Peace? The Encyclopedia Britannica? The Sunday Telegraph?

Mmmmm

You are going to get the abridged version this evening as I am in idle mode.

First time with a Feather in the Evo and an absolutely brilliant combination. The delivery was smooth and exceptionally close. No blade fit issue and only perfection. May be I have the only fault free Evolution in existence and so far so good with blades. My God (not as though I have one) even the Schicks go straight in. I remain impressed.

The soap was a new one from the BST and a very good showing. A real quality lather in no time at all and the scent exceptionally pleasant. Whether I'd go for the splash or not is up in the air. Sometimes scents can be great in the weaker form but once you up the concentration things seem to disappear. Penhaligons Bayolea splash is superb, but move up to the EDC and it becomes fucking rank. I think it may be the same story here. But as a soap this stuff is great. A big plus as a shaving soap.

An exceptionally happy shave and a very happy man at this end

https://giphy.com/soDqW21ZbC1oc
Suggestions on a postcard please

And if you happen to love Japanese girly bands then you will appreciate this

Or may be not

Last edited:

R41 gs
Gillette London Bridge
Dg b11 snowblivion 28mm
GFCC bergamot and neroli
Razorock xxx aftershave splash

First outing with recently acquired r41. I must say it is a brilliant razor. Very nice balance between aggressiveness and smoothness. Provided me with dfs+ in 3 passes.

decided to have a break from soap samples today and went for something fresh. Neroli and bergamot GFCC cream is really nice. - definitely one that got inspired by neroli portofino by Tom Ford! To keep the citrusy fresh theme going - continued with razorock xxx. As much as I’ve finished off the croap during austere august - plenty of aftershave is left! There’s definitely couple or so of soaps and creams that I have that will pair nicely with it. One is this cream, another will be wickhams soap apricus. Maybe arko shaving stick could be a good match too? Who knows. I still didn’t dare to use it

enjoy your shaves ladies and gentlemen !

22nd September
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Campania
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #26
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

24th September
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Campania
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #26
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Old Republic era series book 8 of 8 (this book is part of the whole series)

Fri 24 SOTD
Soap Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor Fatip OC Slant on a Yaqi Handle
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Stirling Executive Man Splash
An excellent soap with a very nice scent and lovely rich creamy slick lather...
An excellent shave too with the razor and blade combination! Super smooth and very comfortable in 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Good razor and even better blade! Unfortunately, 2 red creepers materialized affecting an otherwise perfect session. Aftershaves were excellent too!!