So, could you grow a decent beard?

I can't. Can you?

Whilst I have a really dense and thick head of hair the whiskers are not very dense and my facial hairs are quite light in colour as well, so you can't really see them.

To be honest, I prefer it this way around as I enjoy shaving and there is little chance of me going bald :cool:

Adam D said:
I can't. Can you?

Whilst I have a really dense and thick head of hair the whiskers are not very dense and my facial hairs are quite light in colour as well, so you can't really see them.

To be honest, I prefer it this way around as I enjoy shaving and there is little chance of me going bald :cool:

Never gone more than a month without shaving and that was in my younger days and for a bet.

I've grown very impressive 'Flashman' Friendly Mutton Chops and a 'Charlie Bronson' Handlebar Moustache.

With a bald head and a full beard it would look like I had my head on upside down.

Adam D said:
I can't. Can you?

As a military type, beards are not on the cards. however in 6 years, a goatee beard along with ponytail, recreational drugs, nose-ring and all that other whacked-out hippy shite will be fair game ;)

You know to be honest, actually, probably not :|

Yes!!! Though I wouldn't want to. I have a very decent coverage of stubble and it grows pretty fast. Mrs PC wouldn't like it and I don't like the itchiness, though don't know whether a full beard would itch as it's the first stages that irritate me so I always shave it off asap.

Here's a tip if you want to decide whether to take the plunge. Find a felt-tip pen the same colour as your hair. Colour the back of your hand from wrist to the tips of your fingers. Now place your hand over your mouth as if you are in the middle of a deep belly laugh or are gagging on an oyster*. Look in the mirror and observe the bearded you. :D

*This actually happened to me recently. I had to try one but discovered they weren't for me. It was a bit embarrassing, but not as much as if I'd also had felt tip scrawled over my hand.

No. Useless. I tried and I just look silly. That is, even more than normal. Mrs SB hates it too. Oh, and when I tried a goatee for a bit, no matter how often I washed my face, my beard (such as it was) always seemed to smell of biscuits...

I believe so ..
I did grow a fairly impressive Goatee a few years back when i was feeling particularly rebellious. Got it quite long but then it chose to go a bit.. odd.

Don't know as i fancy growing a full beard, SWIMBO certainly wouldn't..

Yep. Had a beard for few years in my 20s and early 30s. Occassionally sport a goatee for a change. It's the damn itch when growing a beard that gets me. I know have so many creams/soaps that growing a beard now would be akin to buying a sports car and then walking everywhere. :roll:

nervousp1.gif

D'oh...just realised what the rat is doing. He's working out!

Define decent.

• A beard usually won't make my face look like a woman's crotch - no more so than being clean shaven does at any rate.
    • If you mean a full covering then "yeah, mostly"; there are two spots under my lower lip that used to be no-grow-zones, and then they just looked like they were kinda no-grow zones, but basically, if I go for about a week without shaving, I have a beard.[/list:u][/list:u]
      • SWMBA still gives me a weird look every now and then ... well, OK, I get several weird looks fairly often it seems, but this specific weird look is the one meaning "I still think you should grow it back".
          • She thinks my face 'suits a beard better', which is not quite the same as saying that I have a great face for radio, but it's not too far from it.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom