Simpson Commodore X2 2 band.

I don't really have one but if pushed I reach for the Duke 3 more than most.

I usually use the same brush for a week or two before changing, it's product that I usually rotate most often.

My 2B CH2 is a bit longer in loft then Antdad's but it still doesn't feel floppy in any way. Must measure it but I remember it was slightly longer then the advertised 55 (am sure mine was 56-67). I used it this morning and is truly luxurious but definitely not a brush for everyday use.

antdad said:
I don't really have one but if pushed I reach for the Duke 3 more than most.

I usually use the same brush for a week or two before changing, it's product that I usually rotate most often.

Neither do I. I just stick with one so for awhile so i become very intimate with them.

Well, they sent me a regular X2 in best, even though I asked anbout the picture and if it was the same brush they where to send, before buying. Lets see how this one plays out ... :roll: They´ve been good about it so far though and offered a refound + return postage, even though I haven´t seen it yet.

I haven´t used it, seems a little to soft for me and even so compared to Peters silvertip - I thought a silvertip would be softer!? I don´t know if it actually would be softer than a silvertip when used though.

Mikael said:
I haven´t used it, seems a little to soft for me and even so compared to Peters silvertip - I thought a silvertip would be softer!? I don´t know if it actually would be softer than a silvertip when used though.

Let me guess yours isn't typical dome shape but instead slightly bulbous like this right?

Compare that to the X2L. The latter is denser of the two when you grab the neck ( top of the brush ) of the knot. While I prefer a scrubby dense brush I prefer fan or bell-shape or in this case worst case scenario slight bulb like mine. The knot for X2L is unyielding it's a fatty for sure.

While I don't have 206 brushes let alone nearly entire Simpsons line as well as Simpfix models and possibly every variant out there-it's simple the outer hair supporting the centre are much shorter forming stiff shaft. The overall spine is therefore reinforced.

When piston-loading from puck for instance, it's evident a knot like X2L will be stiff as a pr0nstar whereas a knot like X2 will still be springy but more flex by comparison. Boars this is irrelevant regardless of shape it'll pick up soap without a doubt but dome profile will be faster.

I used to have both Smogue 620 and 830-I know it's Boar bear with me. The latter being of bell profile it didn't load as fast as the 620 ( dome ). Also the 620 had shorter loft making it easier to scrape soap onto its tips.

Sometimes I forget this thing called pressure because I'm so accustomed to Boar I use significantly less-with Badger you have to use more of it due to its fine "soft" characteristics. I know I probably don't have the right to say that since I don't even have 2 dozen Badgers.

Omega 21047 and 599 silver. I was reticent to acquire the latter and thought with that price I could have picked up 2 more of the monster lather machine that is the 21047. Since I was impressed with Omega as a whole why the hell knot? What pushed me besides the Omega experience was that 599 used same handle like its older brother 21047.

Think of it this way the "finer" hair on your arms compared to the fishing line. The fishing line is the tough tusk you get from Boar. It's thick and uncompromising.

Two different brushes: one very exfoliating one that will lift those hairs and prep it for its untimely demise and the other is silky oh so smooth, so soft you can lather for hours and not notice time has gone by.

The point of this drivel? No matter how short the loft is on 599 it will never be stiff. Its density the type of knot are major factors. In your case even though we share the same brush we don't have exact brush. Mine could have come from different batch, crafted by different artisan on different day who knows? Add to that our differing sensitivity levels and lathering techniques-I know you've yet to use yours but reckon you feel me.

Mikael said:
SiR-ed: Thanks, I´m not going to use it though, even though I haven´t heard from the seller since I told them what shipping is from Sweden :lol: It´s steep :shock:

The brush they sent me:
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/micke2010/SNB14198677x800.jpg

I stand corrected. Different from mine indeed. That's quite a looker too! Mind posting the specs there?

Yeah I'd hate to send mine back to even Simpsons or anyone for that matter.

FWIW Mikael I asked them if it was the one pictured awhile back but knew something was up these guys have been selling brushes for awhile now and one them had to at least put two and two together. Perhaps it truly was an honest mistake on their part. Sh*t happens. Put it up on BST if anything someone might snag it.

The handle is remarkable OEM pics are shoddy at best.

Since I enjoyed Wee & Case imagine how these will be once "broken" in?

I used her this morning and she not broken in yet, I used Cella to be sure what I was doing. She´ll brake and I think it´ll be a nice brush eventually. In the middle of New Forest two band and the silvertip NF, I think. A good quality brush and it was stiffer/better back bone than I first thought it would be, but still with a nice enough softness, if that makes sense. Not bad.

Not really, only used it a couple of times. It´s not broken in yet (it doesn´t hold lather good enough, but I think that´s due to the not broken in part).

Back
Top Bottom