Simpson Commodore X2 2 band.

I'm fairly certain this brush has been mistakenly knotted with 2 band super (not uncommon) in which case that might make it very good value indeed.

I have enough brushes and the brush pictured is still available, just ask for it.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370448259304&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123#ht_500wt_1156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1156</a><!-- m -->

antdad did any of your brushes come fan or bell profile? Did you specify which you wanted from either vendor or Vulfix themselves? Saw the brushes you had in that huge pot once. IIRC they were bulb/dome shaped.

All my modern Simpson 2 bands are bulb shaped, once they've broken in they have all bar none turned semi bulb or bulb/fan hybrid, with the denser brushes becoming more fan shaped. I've never specified knot shape when ordering from Simpson as it seemed pointless asking them to do something they are not comfortable with and to be honest I prefer the bulb shape functionally and aesthetically. As a consequence I sold my dense fan shaped Rooney's, they were beautiful and made to a higher standard but I didn't enjoy using them.

Simpsons020509.jpg

Audiolab's picture of his collection is better, it's hit and miss really, his Duke 3, X2L and CH2 all look different to mine, that makes it equally charming and frustrating.

Interesting. I never knew they were uncomfortable with Fan. To be honest I once had Case Pure and that was fan but it had a bad hair cut for lack of better word. After picking up its Best counterpart it looked dashing.

I'm quite the opposite in that I prefer bell or fan and even mushroom.

Did the Rooney's splay too much or no? What did you find lacking or was it simply the lack of aesthetic appeal to you among other things?

Shoddy I know:
SPM_A3463.jpg

The profiles for both B4 and Wee I prefer over the other two. Not as "bulbous."

I suppose one man's fan is another bulb, those look mostly bulb to me Ivan. The Rooneys I had were just too dense and never broke.

antdad said:
I'm fairly certain this brush has been mistakenly knotted with 2 band super (not uncommon) in which case that might make it very good value indeed.

I have enough brushes and the brush pictured is still available, just ask for it.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370448259304&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123#ht_500wt_1156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1156</a><!-- m -->

Someone just beat me to it!

Ah I see. Don't get me started on stiff shaft. I have one Boar that refuses to break-Boreal 979. The 323's are just as stiff too.

You were right about being bulb. I just didn't use others as much or at least unyielding. The Case is the only one with 30 shaves and managed to retain its profile compared to B4 and Wee.

Now that I think about it, the CaseP I had was more reminiscent of the Major but not as beautiful as Audios. Mine simply had a bad haircut at the factory.

antdad said:
Shame, that's brush has been available for weeks, I hope they reveal themselves.

Must of been to pre occupied get my 57 in 2 band done, I'm looking for a second 2 band now after using that one so I can rotate the 2.

Ids said:
Or it's a stock photo?

I deliberately asked the vendor if the brush in the picture was still available because I was going to buy it.

I would have thought potential buyers would have done the same because if I'm right that brush is a mistake so I'd be surprised if the same vendor had more than one. I could be wrong but that's how I see it.

If it is a 2B that is a very sweet deal, good spot. I have seen that vendor sell a few Simpsons in the past and their communication are good so as far as I know they are genuine and a good seller.

I have never asked for a shape when ordering.

Ids said:

He he, sorry, I guess :lol:

I asked if it was the brush in the pic before buying and they said that it was so.

Audio: is your Polo in two band super (if so, what height to you have the loft on - is it the factory set hight)?

Mikael said:
Ids said:

He he, sorry, I guess :lol:

I asked if it was the brush in the pic before buying and they said that it was so.

Audio: is your Polo in two band super (if so, what height to you have the loft on - is it the factory set hight)?

Darn it! Seconds were in it, I clicked buy it now then I clicked confirm and it flashed up as ended!

Back
Top Bottom