Shave Sticks

Your purchase wouldn’t have come from a certain well-known auction site, by chance, i.e 3 for under a tenner?

Well I would never do that, I am one of those who never puts ketchup on anything. But after I cut my cheek during that particular shave, you could be forgiven for mistaking my face for a steak with ketchup. The splash stung like a face full of wasps too.

I find them messy to store unlike crem or soap with a top or lid

The only shaving sticks which are a bit of bother are Arko/Derby. They have paper only, and I rip off most of it, but leave a little at the bottom to hold, I've wrapped the end in a bit of kitchen foil so the paper doesn't stick to my fingers. After use I put it into an old box from a shaving brush or something, then put away.

The ones which have a dedicated container, eg La Toja are the easiest to store.

The ones which have a plastic base holder eg Palmolive, WIlkinson Sword, I hold the plastic bit when I'm using it in the shave, then put it on top of the bathroom cupboard to dry after use, then when it is dry I put it back into the box then put away into my cuboard.

When I have travelled I used a shaving stick that had it's own container.

I find shaving sticks to be the easiest to store, but I do not travel for work like some eg Mike Smart above.

Theoretically I've bought mine for travel. That's not to say i won't add it to my rotation, I have got 3. I was a bit surprised the Speick only had a base and some foil, I would have liked a cover/lid but I'll improvise for the Dopp kit. If my little synth brush can travel in a baking soda tube, so can a stick.

Now all I need are some viable travel plans and the funds to cover them!

On a side note in regards to the palmolive shave sticks, where do you guys reckon is the best bet to find some of those Palmolive shaving sticks from?

I know it's discontinued but I thought I'd try my luck and I did ask staff at a local tescos superstore but she couldn't find any at all, also looked in local Morrisons too, they only seem to have the palmolive shaving cream available

Eh……in a current PIF???

They are gone from most retailers, you're best bet are some local chemists who might have a few sticks sitting on their shelves.

if you can not find one locally ,DM me your details & i will post you one ......