Shave Sticks

Tried it yesterday evening and I now see what people mean by "easy to over-apply". You think you've hardly got any on your face until you hit it with a wet brush, and disappear behind a wall of lather! A unique and pleasant smell too. For balance, I did use Tabac splash after! I like them both!
Your purchase wouldn’t have come from a certain well-known auction site, by chance, i.e 3 for under a tenner?

Well I would never do that, I am one of those who never puts ketchup on anything. But after I cut my cheek during that particular shave, you could be forgiven for mistaking my face for a steak with ketchup. :oops: The splash stung like a face full of wasps too.

Are these becoming a thing of the past ?
they seem to be getting fewer & fewer yet some prices seem ridiculous.
i personally would like to see them last forever but i’m guessing not as many people use them due to all the artisans.
i’m curious as to how many regulars on here actually use them & is it just on occasion or regular use ?
I find them messy to store unlike crem or soap with a top or lid

The only shaving sticks which are a bit of bother are Arko/Derby. They have paper only, and I rip off most of it, but leave a little at the bottom to hold, I've wrapped the end in a bit of kitchen foil so the paper doesn't stick to my fingers. After use I put it into an old box from a shaving brush or something, then put away.

The ones which have a dedicated container, eg La Toja are the easiest to store.

The ones which have a plastic base holder eg Palmolive, WIlkinson Sword, I hold the plastic bit when I'm using it in the shave, then put it on top of the bathroom cupboard to dry after use, then when it is dry I put it back into the box then put away into my cuboard.

When I have travelled I used a shaving stick that had it's own container.

I find shaving sticks to be the easiest to store, but I do not travel for work like some eg Mike Smart above.

Theoretically I've bought mine for travel. That's not to say i won't add it to my rotation, I have got 3. I was a bit surprised the Speick only had a base and some foil, I would have liked a cover/lid but I'll improvise for the Dopp kit. If my little synth brush can travel in a baking soda tube, so can a stick.

Now all I need are some viable travel plans and the funds to cover them!

On a side note in regards to the palmolive shave sticks, where do you guys reckon is the best bet to find some of those Palmolive shaving sticks from?

I know it's discontinued but I thought I'd try my luck and I did ask staff at a local tescos superstore but she couldn't find any at all, also looked in local Morrisons too, they only seem to have the palmolive shaving cream available

The only shaving sticks which are a bit of bother are Arko/Derby. They have paper only, and I rip off most of it, but leave a little at the bottom to hold, I've wrapped the end in a bit of kitchen foil so the paper doesn't stick to my fingers. After use I put it into an old box from a shaving brush or something, then put away...

On a side note in regards to the palmolive shave sticks, where do you guys reckon is the best bet to find some of those Palmolive shaving sticks from?

I know it's discontinued but I thought I'd try my luck and I did ask staff at a local tescos superstore but she couldn't find any at all, also looked in local Morrisons too, they only seem to have the palmolive shaving cream available
Eh……in a current PIF???

They are gone from most retailers, you're best bet are some local chemists who might have a few sticks sitting on their shelves.

if you can not find one locally ,DM me your details & i will post you one ......;)

Back
Top Bottom