Shave of the day, week commencing Saturday 03/09/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted a similar "no drama (brainless)" shave this morning, so went for:
Merkur 38R
Rapira Super Stainless blade
Prof. Blighty's Grapewood soap

Very close even after 1 pass. Did 2 just to make sure. Applied Witch Hazel and found absolutely no stinging whatsover. Considering I'd been using the Slim on setting 9 and shave 7 days a week I thought this was excellent.

NotTheStig said:
Wanted a similar "no drama (brainless)" shave this morning:
Very close even after 1 pass.

Yeah, there's something to be said for a set up that's very easy to use. Sometimes I just don't wanna pay much attention to detail and it's nice to have plenty of room for error and still end up with a very good shave.

Martin

dodgy said:
Afer the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
FH Tech handle/Stahly head frankenrazor/Iridium
Surrey SS (Pre VDH reformulation)
Caron 'Yatagan' AS (1970s vintage)
Caron 'Yatagan' EdT (1970s vintage)

Wanted a no drama (brainless) shave this morning, and this combo fit the bill perfectly. Very mild head that pairs up well with a sharp blade and it even tames a Feather to perfection. Much as I like the Gillette Tech, the Stahly head is even better.

BBS results,

Martin

Dear MoonMan,
Oooo I've yet to try my Stahly head. Might do this tomorrow as its a score a 2-0 to the Old type!! Argh!!
Yrs
Gooseface.

Slick said:
Dear MoonMan,
Oooo I've yet to try my Stahly head. Might do this tomorrow as its a score a 2-0 to the Old type!! Argh!!

Dear bloodspattered mongoose,

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, That's what you're gonna say when you try that Stahly. Yep, it'll be night and day and would be a good choice while you recover from the Old Type encounter. Best I could ever do with one of those bloodsuckers was fight it to a draw, and I was glad to get that.

Yep, your dad's a better shaver than us both,

Marvinabler

Mikael said:

... and todays shot:
005695x800.jpg

bellissimo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday

Lord LP1822 [New Head]
Lors Super Chrome [1]
TBS Brush
Palmolive Stick
Boots Aftershave

A really nice shave from the Lord, it performs well above its price, and with the water on the Isle of Man you can get a thick lather in seconds.

T

Monday 09-05-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Restored brush TGN Silvertip Grade A - Gillette Aristocrat Junior - Derby Extra #3 - Pre Floïd shaving oil - Calani Simply Soap shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Institut de Karité - ASL 4711.

Afeitado05-09-11003-1-2.jpg

Monday
Razor: Seehund 1015
Brush: Omega Boar 81052
Ãœberlather: Culmak Soap, Mr Taylor's Cream & Glycerine
Result: A smooth, close, comfortable shave
dokh8i.jpg

Tuesday:
  • EJ87 with Gillette 7 O'Clock (yellow)
  • Semogue 830
  • D R Harris Almond Soap
  • D R Harris Pink Aftershave
  • Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet EDT
Borrowed the razor from 'our kid' while he test-drives a couple of new ones. Have to say . . . not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.

I'm away from home so had to take my Gillette sensor.

Fresh blade, some canned Goo.
Felt it drag on every stroke. Honestly can't believe I used a sensor for over 10 years as it was the best, can't remember what rubbish must have come before it.

Got my feather as-d1 waiting at home.

Monday late evening before going out for a drink...

Boker King Cutter 5/8
Tony Miller strops
Simpsons Polo 10 two band custom
Art of Shaving unscented
Chanel Allure Edition Blanche after shave balm and then lotion

SOTD_06Sept.jpg

:heart:

Loccitane Cade Face Scrub
Muhle R 41 OC
Gillette Superthin
Neep Brush
T and H West Indian Limes Cream
Barbershop Bay Rum A/S
Loccitane Cade ASB

This Muhle R41 really is an agressive bugger but what a cracking shvae you get from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom