Tuesday

Lazy leave afternoon shave today with 4 days of growth

Hot shower to start
Merkur TRAC II
Sainsburys multi fit Twin Cartridge
MB Aged Spice
Vie Long 13071 Horse
Ogallala Bay Rum, Lime and Peppercorn.

First time i've used a fixed head cartridge razor and although not the closest shave and a few weepers, it is the most satisfying in a while. The Vie Long is going to take some getting use to but I'm feeling the Love for pony play.

Now back to the sofa as I've finished harvesting my potatoes and carrots.

EJ89L + Trig (2)
Beejay custom + MWF
Witch Hazel
Terre d' Hermes EDT

Most people seem to say that the scent of MWF is mild and fleeting. I disagree. Of all the soaps and creams I use, it's the one I can still smell on my face in the afternoon after a morning shave. Maybe the longevity of the scent is in proportion to how much you load your brush. I go for a good 20 second swirl rather than the 3-5 seconds that some go for :)

I wasn't sure about the smell at first, but have come to like it a lot. I think it has an oriental powdery spiciness to it.

joe mcclaine said:
Tuesday

After a little run and some light Indian Club swinging:

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Hydro 3
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2 in two-band Super
Soap: Mitchell's Woolfat
Aftershave: Taylor of Old Bond St #74 (Victorian Lime)

Are the bells still getting a swing Vinny?

Tuesday
E&J Aloe SS/Gillette Slim Twist with Wilkinson/22mm finest badger brush/Nivea Sensitive ASB
P1140278.jpg

fozz77 said:

They certainly are.

Just off for a swim and then it's 'light' day with the bells (some cleans & presses and some snatches).

The 32 is getting swung, rowed, dead-lifted, squatted and cleaned but it's not going above my head yet.

Tuesday:

Hot towel
Trumpers Almond cream (sample)
New Forest 2201
Edwin Jagger DE87
Derby blade
Acca Kappa 1869 post-shave gel
Acca Kappa 1869 cologne

Not a particularly comfortable shave - possibly the blade, although it was new. The Jagger razor, though very good, is probably my least comfortable razor to use, possibly because the corners of the head are quite sharp, and would benefit from being radiused.

The result was a very close shave, so I've probably been spoilt by using my other razors. I'll use the same gear tomorrow, with another new blade.

Regards

Ian

Tuesday, 10.12.10

Aura Glow as a Pre Shave Oil
Erasmic Shave Cream
Vulfix 660 Pure
R. Helliwell Crystal 9/16ths
SRD Premium I Strop ... 45 Linen/90 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Crystal is capable of as good a shave as the best of 'em, but if I get soap on my hands it becomes tough to grip. It's a wee little blade, and measures .148 in width at the spine, or just a tad more than 3.5 mm..
The little 9/16ths might look out of place if made from thicker stock, but it sure would be easier to hold on to!
The Erasmic cream was a real pleasure!

IMG_2184.jpg

Sunday

Simple moisturising face wash
Duke 3 Best
EJ Chatsworth
Shark SS (1)
GFT Rose cream
Speick AS
Speick ASB

Tuesday

Simple moisturising face wash
Duke 3 Best
EJ Chatsworth
Shark SS (2)
GFT Rose cream
Speick AS
Speick ASB

joe mcclaine said:
fozz77 said:

They certainly are.

Just off for a swim and then it's 'light' day with the bells (some cleans & presses and some snatches).

The 32 is getting swung, rowed, dead-lifted, squatted and cleaned but it's not going above my head yet.

I thought you were into the Turkish get ups with them too?

fozz77 said:
joe mcclaine said:
fozz77 said:

They certainly are.

I thought you were into the Turkish get ups with them too?

TGUs are brilliant.

I still do TGUs but only with the 24 kg bell and only on 'variety days' (Wed & Sun). The bulk of my training is Cleans & Presses and Swings with the bells and pull-ups for a bit of balance.

Tuesday

1968 Gillette Black-handled Superspeed, Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow, Palmolive Classic cream
Body Shop Maca Root Razor Relief, Pinaud Clubman AS Lotion

1286901684097.jpg

Tuesday Night:

• - Omega 10005 ash/boar
      - Nanny's Exotic Exotic soft shave cream, with Ylang Ylang
      - Gillette Minora 3-piece, red Bakelite with metal cap
      - Gillette Minora platinum blade
      - Lilac Humphreys' Witch Hazel
      - Professor Blighty's Grapewood ASL [/list:u][/list:u]

Prof's ASL went on subtle and then warmed up a fair bit. I don't know if it was something about the sharp clean grapefruit smell that first hit the nostrils, but I was expecting it to be a 'cooler' AS, so the warmth was a tad of a surprise. Not bad at all.

SDC12088.jpg

Tuesday evening

Hot Shower
NF2211
ToOBS Almond cream
Gillette Superspeed
Iridium (2)
PB Musk AS
Macca Root Razor Relief

Only my second shave with the 2211, and like the macca root cream the ToOBS creates great lacquer anyway, but the brush excelled tonight, tons of creamy lather everywhere! The razor relief cream was nice, I had zero irritation anyway, but it felt nice on my face applied about 5 mins after the AS went on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom