Monday evening

Hot Shower
NF 2211
Body Shop Macca Root
Superspeed
Super Iridium (1)
Osma Alum
Prof's Musk

The NF came today, and I gave it a quick lather with some Palmolive earlier. First impressions are it's very soft, the Macca Root is great stuff anyway - but produced incredible lather which was a joy to paint on with the Silvertip's soft tip's. Fantastic. Nothing less. First try with an Iridium, smooth and sharp and worked well. And I'm a signed up fan of the Musk now.

This was a great shave, I can't pinpoint what it was - the Macca Root with the Silvertip no doubt, great.

Monday Night:

• - Vie Long 13723 Horse hair with 23mm knot
      - Soap Alchemist's' Peace of Patchouli
      - Merkur 42 - 1904 Classic
      - Sputnik Teflon
      - Lilac Humphreys' Witch Hazel
      [/list:u][/list:u]

Was having a great shave until the spasm hit me by surprise. That little chin-divot will grow back someday, I'm sure...

Monday Night

Prep
Hot flannel and RSC scrub.

E&J 89L
Boots own brand
404 Bodger
Wikinson Sword blue
Ingram cream
Alum bar
Proraso A/S
RSC balm

It's a month since I started on this craziness, so I thought that it would be a good time to try something stupid. Having mooched around the shops at the weekend, I inadvertently found that – amongst other things – I'd purchased "the blue bowl of shite". So, I thought it might be "fun" to try it out tonight. This was a mistake. I tried to make something that approached a lather, I really did. I added water, it looked looked a gang of youths had taken time out of their busy schedules to take turns to spit into my bowl. I added more soap; this appeared to improve matter (at least to my eyes). I applied what was there to my face, realising that it felt wrong. I tried one pass, and I quickly realised that the stuff provided marginally lass cushioning than if I had tried to shave with with my razor on water alone – it was pretty awful.

Switched to Ingram, which was immediately better and reminded me what it should feel like. Blade felt okay, but not as comfortable or smooth as the Astra SP (I reckon I'll be stocking up on Astras eventually, unless I find something else that's better).

Despite feeling more like a cat was licking my face, the end result was pretty good and I now have my first shaving casualty – that blue bowl of whatever the f it is.

Tonight I wanted to try the NF2211..

So I got out my trusty HD500, the Tabac (orange casserole), a new Gillette 7 O'Clock, some alum, and the Nivea ASB..

wwRKe.jpg

I'm not sure about this 7 O'Clock business.. either I don't get on with it, or I did something wrong, but I got quite a few nicks..
But I was cocky, since I changed 2 parameters in my shaving habits, blade and soap, both unknown entities, so that might be the devil right there.
I'll give it another go sometime, but I do a lot better with Super Thins TBH..

Anyways, such is life, the brush performed as advertised, I even managed to get a good lather out of hard soap. (not my forte)

Max

Tuesday

After a little run and some light Indian Club swinging:

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Hydro 3
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2 in two-band Super
Soap: Mitchell's Woolfat
Aftershave: Taylor of Old Bond St #74 (Victorian Lime)

Tuesday morning
Pre: Hot water lather
Blade: Permasharp
Brush: Bristle
Soap: Arko
AS/ASB: Gibbs
Result: Ok

Today I went for a Turkish shave - massage and burning hair in the nose and ears was included in the price of 10 lira (5 euro). The guy was good and got me clean enough, but with some skin irritation as a result (he asked if I was happy after one pass, but it felt a little rough and I asked him to shave one more pass (and he did, but without lather, only water). I do get cleaner shaves shaves by myself, in general, but on a bad day or with a dull blade I get the same result (I do however consider him as a good barber, he worked fast and knew what he was doing, but it was the first time he shaved me).
50147d1286869531-sun-october-10th-sat-october-16th-picture-017.jpg

Tuesday

EJ87
Indian Wilkinson(1)
New Forest 2211
Bodyshop macca shaving cream
alum
Ollagala bay rum peppercorns/lime

Fido 2211 nice brush. Macca root nice cream. EJ87 nice razor. Alum nice.Ollagalla bayrum peppercorns/lime nice.
Nice shave.

Tuesday

Pre/post Proraso sensitive
Nanny's Lavender soap
NF2202
Muhle R106 + Gillette 7 o'clockSharp Edge
Alum
Body Shop Razor Relief
Nivea Sensitive Moisturiser

Back with the Proraso again today after 2 shaves without it and the shave was better. I think my little experiment has proven to me that it does add something to my shave and I am going to keep it in my routine.

A good shave and my skin feels lovely and soft now with the added moisturiser at the end.

Tuesday - using up some of the old stuff

Gillette Tech
Wilkinson Sword German (2) from the pack that came with my WS Classic
King of Shaves Alpha Gel (!)

This is the first time I've tried AlphaGel with a DE razor. I have a bit left from the 'old days' and I'd rather use it up than throw it out. Thing is, this stuff works, but their "you can see where you're shaving" boast also means you can't see where you've been. So it's a bit of a touchy feely way to shave. (Did I do that bit yet?) While you don't get the luxurious feeling of a well worked lather, with less prep and less cleanup, it's a quick and I got a good close shave. Moisturises well too.

Happy day of Our Lady of the Pilar in Zaragoza, Aragón and to everybody in Spain and the Americas on the anniversary of the arrival of Columbus to America

Brush: Vie Long 16726 "made in Spain"
Blade: Veiga, made in Solingen for Veiga Cutlery, Zaragoza
Soap: La Toja 1492 to pay tribute to Columbus' voyage
Preshave: Myrsol emulsion a spanish preshave
Aftershave: Floid vigoroso, a classical of spanish shaves
Tape with spanish flag colors: measure of the pillar of the Basilica of our Lady ofl Pilar, Zaragoza

PA120950.jpg

Tuesday

Trumper Razor
Gillette Swede
New Forest 2201
Penhaligon's English Fern Soap
Trumper's Limes a/s

Early shave, but a late post as I have been catching up at work. That'll teach me to have a day off. I'm sure that somebody was supposed to do stuff while I wasn't here.....

Ian

Tuesday, 10-12-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 Silvertip - Merkur 37C Slant - Feather #1 - Pre PREP - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Floïd Vigoroso + ASB Floïd.

Afeitado12-10-10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom