Shave of the day W/C Saturday 9th July

Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
Simpsons Chubby 2
Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum Block
L'Occitane Cade balm + Propolis
Coty Raw Vanilla.

Great shave, the Raw Vanilla is starting to challenge my Bavx as my number one pick fragrance, two pass shave, minor touch up, the weather is a bit of a let down, still i'm off to the food festival being held down at the Cardiff bay and it's always nice to visit Cardiff such a nice city. I would love to move there, but house prices are at least 40 or 50% more expensive

Jamie

002-1.jpg

RE: Shave of the day W/C Saturday 9th of June

Still sitting here unshaven. Am trying to decide whether to use the EJ Barley Chatsworth I used yesterday (which was lovely but a bit mild when compared with the 38C) or crack out the Ikon Shavemaster that arrived the other day.

Tall_Paul said:
Still sitting here unshaven. Am trying to decide whether to use the EJ Barley Chatsworth I used yesterday (which was lovely but a bit mild when compared with the 38C) or crack out the Ikon Shavemaster that arrived the other day.

In the house and unused after 24 hours? No contest.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Cubby 3
Razor: Klas Törnblom, near wedge
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Code
Strops. Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Wow, what a nice blade, two days stubble wiped away. Latest Miller restore and he has made a lovely pair of scales in pink ivory wood with a red wedge and the Miller edge was as allways superb! :D
001800x657.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

Ikon Shavemaster
Derby Extra
New Forest Superbadger 'One Off'
Nanny's Citrus Zinger
Witch Hazel
Trumper Lime Skin Food

Hmm the Ikon is a strange beast! Did my normal two pass and if had hardly taken anything off.

Studied it closely and where almost all my other razors need a 30-45 degree tilt for the blade to come into contact with the skin I reckon the Ikon needs about a 75 degree tilt.

However, when I got it right it delivered a great shave without a doubt. Just needs some getting used to.

Well, I'm now 3 ish weeks into the new shaving regime, and things are getting better and better.

So, today (after lifting myself out of my flu ridden pit) I had the best shave so far.

Hot face towel
Edwin Jagger Black Badger
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes Cream
Merkur 34C
Personna Reds
Nivea ASB

1 pass WTG, 1 pass XTG

Very nice, and I now look forward to shaving!

Saturday, 9.Jul.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue Caravela LE #77
Mitchell's Wool Fat
7 O'Clock
Bolzano Superinox
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber
Real Shaving Co. Daily Soothing Balm

P1040683.jpg

P1040684.jpg

Saturday

Merkur 33G
Feather Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Santé Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Very nice indeed.

Ian

Saturday 07-09-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran Two Bands 25X53 - Merkur 25C - Israeli Personna #3 - Pre JASÖN - Geo. F. Trumper Limes shaving cream (sample) - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Myrsol emulsón - Geo. F. Trumper West Indian Limes Cologne.

Afeitado09-07-11003-1.jpg

Slow Shaving said:
Saturday 07-09-11.

Obviously you have started to change the few main characteristics of your compositions and let me tell you it works very well!

Another shot with a point in mind; muy buena.

Still in my first week of shaving, and its getting better, just gotta get out of some bad habits, like trying to shave in 3min, just gotta learn to relax and enjoy, but getting there, felt smoother today

Ej DE89L
derby blade
Ej best badger
Taylors Almond cream
nivia balm

[attachment=3037]

Attachments

• DSCN3046 (1024x732) (800x572).jpg
    DSCN3046 (1024x732) (800x572).jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 13

Manic said:
Still in my first week of shaving, and its getting better, just gotta get out of some bad habits, like trying to shave in 3min, just gotta learn to relax and enjoy, but getting there, felt smoother today

Ej DE89L
derby blade
Ej best badger
Taylors Almond cream
nivia balm

I've found I'm getting up earlier than I did before just so I have more time to have a 'proper' shave. Those extra ten minutes make all the difference! :icon_smile:

Hot shower
La Toja stick, face lathered with
Bodyshop synthetic brush
Jagger DE89, with
Gillette 7OC Yellow (5)
KoS balm

All the chat about this brush recently reminded me I impulse-bought one as a possible travel device when last in town. A little rougher on the face than my New Forest - as you'd expect - but face-lathered perfectly well, though (as some said) it's a little reluctant to splay out its bristles. Plenty of lather for three on the face and four on the neck, anyway, and a really splendid shave.

And yes, it dries almost instantly. Just need to find it a nice tube now.

Back
Top Bottom