Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday Night
Omega 81052 & Palmolive soap
Seehund 5/8
Allen & Son 5/8
Alum
Gilette series ASB

Result very clean. The Seehund is NOS so I just stropped it and shaved, it was sharp enough to shave with but could be better so I moved to the Allen & Son.

Friday

Hot Shower
Loccitane Face Wash
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Gillette 7 o Clock Black(super platinum)
Monsavon Soap
NF2221
Loccitane Face Splash
Loccitane ASB

Decided to try a new blade today also got a sample of Monsavon from FB not usually a fan of soaps but decided to give this a go.
With the NF2221 got a great lather with the soap and very good protection from the blade nice clean smell as well,the blade well i have been loving my superthins and would say these blades are on a par with them.

Really enjoyed my shave today.

Friday

Gong Razor
New Forest 2201
Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap
Trumper's Limes a/s

Left me a bit sore, probably because of last nights shave. WTG and XTG passes, still no closer.

Ian

Friday

Gillette Ball End Tech (English)
Supermax SS (1)
Vulfix 2189 Travel
Palmolive Soap Stick

Three passes, face lathered.

Brut AS
Nivea ASB

Got out the travel kit this morning - for no logical reason at all - and what a terrific shave it provided!

:shave

NOTE TO NEWBIES:
Always have at least one <50p stick of Palmolive soap lurking in your stash.

Friday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson chubby 2
Razor: Revisor
Soap: P160
AS: Ogallala Lime and Peppercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean
First go with the P160, it´s often compared to Cella (one of my favourites), but it has more of a clean marzipan scent and is thinner than Cella, but still plenty of slip and slick in it - more so than most other soaps. Very good soap! Cheers for the trade Rick! :D
P2040012800x614.jpg

friday

white proraso pre/post
NF2201
MWF
Muhle R41 +GST (3)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB
Splash of Formula 31 Lime A/S.

result: Smooth, moisturised and Limey. :shave A/S still stung me a bit, but the balm helped calm the burn. Not sure if I really like the burn... its a pleasure/pain thing..

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row 208 badger
1958 Executive/Feather
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
vintage Caron 'Yatagan' aftershave

BBS results,

Martin

Friday, 02-04-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Milord - Polsilver #2 - The Art of Shaving Saldalwood shaving cream - Alum block - ASL Pinaud Clubman + Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado04-01-11004-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom