Shave of the Day w/c Saturday 27th March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday

Straight and Mach 3 for me today. T&H Rose does it for me. Another brush with loft effectively adjusted with velcro.

3-1.jpg

Sunday

Ernst Melcher straight (thanks Neil)
EJ Chatsworth (to tidy up) + Supermax superstainless (1)
EJ Med Silvertip
SWK Scuttle
Tabac soap
Alum
Tabac AS
Tabac ASB

First time with the straight. I had 2 days growth and it felt a tad painful in areas, like it was pulling. I am guessing it was my angle/technique as this was the 1st time. I did the 1st pass over my chin with the EJ and then tidied up with it again for a final ATG pass. Was a nice shave, and now bar a couple of small areas i am very smooth.
God knows if i stropped correctly after, but hey, it's a learning curve...!

Sunday

Had my first ever proper shave today :D

Went fantastically well, the best shave I have ever had by a mile. I suspect that as I get better at the technique and get to know what equipment like, it will only get better. Only one slight nick, which I'll take for a first outing. Only did one WTG - gonna learn to crawl before I try walking.

Merkur 34c
Derby blade
TOBS Sandalwood cream
Omega No.10005 brush
DR Harris Sandalwood a/s

Sunday

Boots DE
SuperMax Super Stainless (2)
Cheapo small Boar
Wilkinson Sword Blue bowl
Alum
Pasahna AS

Experimenting today, a COLD WATER shave with every thing against me :shock: . lathered up the soap and proceeded to face lather after a while I had a reasonable lather, lucky the brush is not broken in as it done wonders exfoliating my skin, now the moment of truth a WTG pass, ok no problem, no tugging, rinse with cold water re lather now XTG pass, this is not to bad then an ATG pass, in all a comfortable and smooth shave, I was amazed and got a DFS out of it, this might become a permanent fixture.

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Hmmmmmm 2 cold water shaves today........... something's in the air.

Sunday

Gillette Blue II Disposable
Palmolive Stick
Semogue 1305

Alum
Boots Freshwood AS
Boots Freshwood ASB

From talking about disposables last week to talking about "Did your dad teach you?" I decided to get some of these today (as they had been my first ever shavers) and well, I'm not dissapointed. Not as close as a 2 pass with my HD however I would say a fully acceptable SAS. I look clean shaven and only upon close inspection/faceturbation can you tell it wasn't as close as usual.

No irritation at all and If I'd felt like it I could easily have gone another pass but was pleased enough with the result

Sunday

Merkur 23c
Feather
Palmolive soap (aka a stick grated into a bowl)
Kent BK4
Alum Block
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm

Sunday

Bath
Snooze
Slim Twist
7 O'clock Sharp edge (4)
Semogue 1305
Ingrams cream
Alum, Floid A/s, Coral Skin food

Happy as a shaved pig in muck and off for a pint.

Sunday.

Ever ready
Ted Pella
Semogue 1305
Kells Original-Casbah mint
Alum
Aqua Velva

Kells soaps are first class. Super slick lather & the skin conditioning is maybe, just maybe, better than lanolin....

doh, worst shaving cut yet. Just over a centimeter long right in the middle of my cheek. Not even sure how it happened, usually I drop concentration for a moment and end up with a little nick or just get overeager going over the same spot and end up with a little blood. This time I was halfway through a stroke and my hand decided it would be better to change the angle and dig the blade into my cheek.

Anyway,

5/8th 'The Palmer' straight
Speik cream
Kent H8
lots of cold water, alum and toilet paper

Once the bleeding has calmed down I'll be searching out something suitably alcoholish and burny. Old Spice or bay rum maybe.

Aside from cutting myself another mouth I have to say it's a rather good shave for one pass, I think 2 passes would have resulted in pink lather.

I thought I'd put this sort of drama behind me a year ago. Maybe it's helpful in the long run to get put in my place every so often.

Sunday evening.

Prep: Wash face with glycerin soap, massage Cremo Cream into beard followed by hot
towel.
Brush: Semogue 1305 boar.
Soap: Arko stick.
Razor: 6/8ths Kinfolks Blue Steel Special.

KinfolksBlueSteelSpecial.jpg

Sunday

Semogue 2009 LE
Dovo 1516

Henk's Dutch Moss
Pitralon Classic a/s

Another nice combination of scents. I think this is my favourite fragrance from Henk: it's very distinctive, not an Irisch Moos knockoff in case anyone thought it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom