Shave of the Day w/c Saturday 27th March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mid-week the DE shave was -by far- the best (in precision and enjoyment) I've ever had; progress is very fast and my Gillette Fusion(s) are finally permanently stowed away now.

Saturday, noon

A bit disappointing. Minor irritation low on the neck and a very careless cut at a spot.

Shower
Futur (2 1/2), 1xWTG + 1xXTG with Merkur blade (shave #2 or #3, cannot remember exactly).
T&H pre-shave, used for first time. Will check if to use again or not. Perhaps application needs correction.
ToBS (Rose) cream, used for first time. Good lathering capabilities. Scent is disappointing, I was expecting more after consulting the boards, perhaps should have got T&H or GFT.
Art of Shaving silvertip badger (two-piece, 'travel'). May temporarily take it out of the rotation.
Alum, used for first time. Very good.
ToBS (Mr. Taylor's) AS, used for first time. Disappointing, expected more. The Old Spice I bought for 7 Euros earlier this week is much better (scent, duration & moisturizing properties).

Perhaps it is my technique, I was in a rush today. Will adjust and next shave will tell.

Saturday

Edwin Jagger DE87
SuperMax Super Stainless (1)
Wilkinson Sword Boar
Wilkinswon Sword Blue bowl/M&R cream
Alum
Gillette Series AB
Brut AS

Late shave today, as early to work and late home :( , tried out a cheap blade in the EJ and it tamed it well, I think you can shave with any blade using the EJ and a DFS was had, knackered now so slouching on the couch with SWMBO watching tv.

Have a nice and pleasant evening Gents

Tony

a late shave today, but another good one - i'm finally settling in to my new ritual and really enjoying it now :D

merkur 38c
derby extra (1)
palmolive shave stick
best badger brush
clinique post shave healer / soother (switching between the two at the moment)

whilst the clinique seems to calms things down pretty well, it does tend to dry out within a few hours... any decent alternatives chaps?

have a good evening!

jim

slim-shad-y said:
whilst the clinique seems to calms things down pretty well, it does tend to dry out within a few hours... any decent alternatives chaps?

Jim, contact Henk by PM and ask him about his ASB. It's good stuff and those that have tried it rate it highly.

slim-shad-y said:

Boots Freshwood Balm. It's cheap and cheerful and has yet to fail me.

Mixed with a little aftershave it works wonders.

Pig Cat said:
slim-shad-y said:

Jim, contact Henk by PM and ask him about his ASB. It's good stuff and those that have tried it rate it highly.

Cheers PC will do!

andyjreid said:
slim-shad-y said:

Boots Freshwood Balm. It's cheap and cheerful and has yet to fail me.

Mixed with a little aftershave it works wonders.

Thanks Andy, will check that one out too.

Sunday
Merkur Slant HD / Red Personna blade
Semogue 1305
Williams Mug Soap
Aqua Velva aftershave

Shaved using cold water today.

That's five minutes of my life I won't be getting back.

slim-shad-y said:
...whilst the clinique seems to calms things down pretty well, it does tend to dry out within a few hours... any decent alternatives chaps?

jim

Hi Jim,

If you are looking for an equally good or better alternative to those Clinique products, you have to try this:

IMG_0740.jpg

I generally use this type of product infrequently and only during winter when I need really strong irritation relief and ultra-rich moisturizing.

Try it, you won't be disappointed. It is scentless.

Konstantinos

Hello gentlemen.

This is my first post in this forum.

And this it is today's shaving, as presentation.

"blue shaving"

Hi from Spain.

100_1131r.jpg

P_Negro said:
Hello gentlemen.

This is my first post in this forum.

And this it is today's shaving, as presentation.

"blue shaving"

Hi from Spain.

100_1131r.jpg
Hi fella. I know this pic. It looks great. ;)

Have you post in the Welcome forum? Maybe you must do it, then everybody can say hello to you. :D

Sunday 28-03-10.

Soap from Marseille - Semogue 830 brush - Gillette Black Tech - Feather #2 - Pre Myrsol - LEA mentholated shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Pashana sample.

Afeitado28marzo2010-1.jpg

EDITING REMARKS:

- The brush goes with a tailwind. It's a new brush, then from the last time that I used i have made about four cycles for breaking the bristles without hair dryer and today one has behaved far better although I have been generous with the shaving cream.

- Black Tech & Feather alliance: wonderful , marries very well. The benevolence of safety compensates sharpened of the Feather. A very close shave and a hig smoothness. Irritation very slight to slight.

- LEA mentholated shaving cream: Very, very good shaving stuff. A very good leather, abundant, easy to make, dense, protective and that facilitates the sliding of the blade. Discreet scent and mentol as is just. Here in Spain it's a very traditional and cheap cream. I have remembered a commentary of some spanish fella: he assured that LEA was the favourite of the old Spanish barbers. Very recommendable.

- ASL Pashana: I like it. Deep, dense and prolonged scent. Like a Pachá. A purchase to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom