Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 26th June 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
bean said:
Fido said:
I chuck my blades after 3 sessions. After 8 the poor thing must be worn out! Heroic to get that far.

I am new to this game and want to find out what differences (if any) there are between blades. The shave count is the easiest difference to measure. The main reason is to help to decide which blades to buy (more shaves = better choice if all other things are equal). I could use the information to replace the blade after the last good shave too and avoid the 'blunt start/swap blades' shave. (Swapping after 3 shaves would be a waste for me. I've got at least 6 x three pass shaves from every blade I've tried so far.)

This morning I swapped the blade for my next sample choice..

EJ89
Supermax Stainless (1)
EJ Pure Badger
Body Shop original shave cream
Witch Hazel

Superb lather from the BS cream. All good.

Hi bean!

Sounds as if you have a fairly light beard growth, possibly fair hair, fair skin type! That's great, it will make ALL your shaving consumables stretch much further-if that's a desirable thing for you! :D

lagaffe said:
Wednesday

1956 Gillette Blue-tip Superspeed
Shaving Shack Israeli blade (#2)
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Kent BK4
Alum block
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Heat, lots of sweat and the helmet strap irritating my neck & face on my daily cycle commute to & from work have made my face and neck a bit delicate this week. Decided on a mild shaver with my slickest cream, but even that left things stinging and red. Meh. :cry: Perhaps a day off shaving tomorrow if the irritation remains.

Hi lagaffe!

Just a thought, but you appear to be going through an"irritating" patch at the mo' I notice you like the old Bay rum stuff. Do you have any of Dr Henk's Bay rum ASB ? It is really healing, and could be better than your JC!!

spandex.. :)

Slant bar 37g / Dorco s/steel blade.
EJ Med. S/tip.
EJ luxury cream, Aloe Vera.(Tube).

Alum/Thayers Rose W.hazel Toner/Bay Rum AS/Old spice Body spray

Hi everybody!

Shaved at 7am today! Took too long really, got lost in thought! Pleasant enough session, but I can't recommend these Dorco blades . This was the second type of their product I have tried, and I don't feel they are sharp enough for me. Still, will have a second shave with the present specimen and then regretfully, will have to bin it :| Splashed the DRH Bay rum AS all over the place today, still not sure about Bay rum in general though!

All the best :)

wednesday
Gillette slim adjustable 5
feather blade
g f trumpers sandalwood cream
g f trumpers sandalwood skinfood
omega pro 49

Awesome shave really getting into creams lately..

Razor: Rolls Razor
Brush: Omega 599
Cream: Alraz P.Race
AS: Benjamins Bayrum, AII Osage

SPM_A1582.jpg

Thursday

'59 Fatboy
Thai Superthin (2)
2201 New Forest Brush
SWK Scuttle
Arko soap
Witch Hazel
Brut Aquatonic AS.

My first outing with both Fido's brush and the Arko. A really nice shave had. I need to use the brush a bit more, as i found that by the ATG pass i was running out of lather, solely because i hadn't loaded it enough.
Nice one Peter, a really nice brush there. Now, when you release the next one...do i buy one of them too? :lol:

Have a good day gents,

Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower with cold ending :shock:
Brush: Henks 20 mm silvertip w olive wood handle
Razor: Magnet, Solingen
Soap: Cella
AS: Tabac
Strop: Neil Miller linnen/buffalo 30/50
Result: Very nice!

This brush is amazing, besides the good looks, it also preforms very well, even though it´s brand new. Love it! The shave today was very nice, this blade keeps giving me good shaves and the scales in leopard wood´re a pair of lookers aswell (thanks Neil!).
44957d1277970651-sotd-sun-june-27th-sat-july-3rd-snb12642.jpg

Thursday

Gillette Flair Tipped SS
Mekur*
Gillette Goal
Omega 10029
Omega SC
Alum
Aqua Velva Iced Blue
444 ASB

* i found a Merkur blade whilst rummaging thru my kit. Pish! It amazes me how a company that makes great razors puts their name on these. The goal saved the day.

Thursday

Feather portable
gillette super thin (2)
New Forest Superior Badger 2201
Nannny's Yushu
alum
Old spice fresh lime

Got my Fido 2201 yesterday and today was my first time to use it.I do'nt have any of the big name/big money brushes that cost 3/4 times what I paid for the 2201 ,so I cant compare it to those then . I really liked using it , great lather with Nanny's Yushu , soft but not too soft. Lovely , can't wait to use it again .
Nanny's yushu soap is so good but this brush made it perform that bit better. I've been using the feather portable for a bit now and I really like it . The super thins are great. The Old spice fresh lime is grrrrrrrrreat ,I'm still loving it
A great BBS shave today made even better by my Fido 2201.

Nice one Damian. A good shave sure does give a good start to the day :p

Thursday

Merkur Sledgehammer + Feather (1)
Ebony Silvertip + Mama Bears
Alum
WH/Tea Tree
Lab Series AS Balm

I've been getting absolutely shocking shaves with the 39c recently. Finally figured out what it was. I've been using this fancy shea butter/dead sea mud/lemon peel body and face soap in the shower. Then, I would proceed to shave.
I think the soap was drying me out and resulting in a 'rough' shave. Skipped the soap today and had a fantastic shave, which is what this razor and blade combo is all about. You know you're doing well when the alum doesn't 'report' back a single tingle. And, Mama Bears - what can I say? Makes me want to immigrate to the states!

AJP said:
Thursday

'59 Fatboy
Thai Superthin (2)
2201 New Forest Brush
SWK Scuttle
Arko soap
Witch Hazel
Brut Aquatonic AS.

My first outing with both Fido's brush and the Arko. A really nice shave had. I need to use the brush a bit more, as i found that by the ATG pass i was running out of lather, solely because i hadn't loaded it enough.
Nice one Peter, a really nice brush there. Now, when you release the next one...do i buy one of them too? :lol:

Have a good day gents,

This business of how much lather a brush holds is interesting. There are various factors involved. One of them is how much product you use. Then there is how you actually make your lather and apply it...and so on. It's really trial and error and eventually you learn how to get the best from each brush in your collection. They all serve you well eventually.

Mikael said:
Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower with cold ending :shock:
Brush: Henks 20 mm silvertip w olive wood handle
Razor: Magnet, Solingen
Soap: Cella
AS: Tabac
Strop: Neil Miller linnen/buffalo 30/50
Result: Very nice!

This brush is amazing, besides the good looks, it also preforms very well, even though it´s brand new. Love it! The shave today was very nice, this blade keeps giving me good shaves and the scales in leopard wood´re a pair of lookers aswell (thanks Neil!).
44957d1277970651-sotd-sun-june-27th-sat-july-3rd-snb12642.jpg

That's not a shaving brush. It's a work of art. It's a shame to use it. Well done Henk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom