Saturday

Trumper Razor
Feather
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
M&R Shaving cream*
Boots Witch Hazel
Castle Forbes Limes asb

*Saw that somebody else had used the M&R and it reminded me that I have a tube. Nice stuff. Cheap, works, and has an encouragingly small ingredients list.

Ian

Saturday
Pre: Hot shower/cold water
Razor: NEW
Brush: Custom 24 mm finest two band
Soap: Omega
AS: Barbus
Result: Very nice and cool
Decided two things this morning - 1. try a cold shave 2. save face and only shave head (well, three things, not to use a cut throat). It´s a hot and humid day here and it was very nice to feel the cool sense of cold lather and when I splashed cold water after the shave, it was a joy to get an, almost, ice cold sensation :shave
44699d1277545057-sotd-sun-june-20th-sat-june-26th-snb12546.jpg

Saturday

Italian pure bristle brush
R89 / Gillette Platinum
This new German sc, w/ Aloe Vera, the name of which I just can't remember now
Alum
Nivea energizing/healing or whatever AS (this newly advertized thing, forgot to mention it in the 'Acquisitions' thread, got it y'day)
Musgo Real ASB (just a bit, it's 30 deg. C here in Athens today)
Christian Dior Intense EdP

- Nice shots, Ian.
- I'm off (back) to the Baltics tomorrow, why am I not in the beach today??? :x
- Good luck to England tomorrow, I hope they have monitors in Kastrup T3 (CPH) so that I can get a flavor from the game.
- Went to the only shop here that stocks Pen's stuff: Eur 106 for 50ml of Endymion (EdT), if I'm not mistaken. I passed, will get it in the UK or US in November...

Have a nice weekend chaps.

Saturday
Edwin Jagger DE87
Red Personna
Simpson Duke 2 Best
Palmolive stick
Old Spice aftershave
Aramis 900 EDC

Great photos as usual Ian.

Saturday, 06-26-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue LE09 - 1924 Ever Ready "Sedan" Set - Pre Proraso - Palmolive stick in a puck - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Floïd Suave.

Afeitado26-06-10001.jpg

This is the razor's model.

1440A.jpg

Notice the blade's exposure. You must be on the alert with this kind of razors (I'm a begineer in the SE's world). Nevertheless a really good shave today. ;) I promise all of you that the blade has been singing in the rain. :lol:

Afeitado26-06-10003.jpg

Saturday Afternoon.
Merkur 34C
Gillette Super Thin (now my favourite blade !!)
La Toja Stick (Thanks Steve, great smooth shave and like the scent)
Proraso AS
Great shave, love the cool feel of the Proraso on a hot day like today.
Then to B&Q to get some bug spray, the little sods are eating my lillies to death..........and the roses are not escaping either....... :twisted: :twisted:

Saturday Night:

Following on from knowledge and methods of coping with our environment that have been handed down from Brits to their children and wards through the ages, I decided it was far too tropical and muggy to carry on the way I have. So, just as taught by my elders of these isles, I did the only logical thing... just as we are taught by our ancestors, when the weather is sticky and scorching, one uses hot liquids to make oneself feel cool and refreshed, dun't chyew knoo.

I cleaned out my scuttle while the kettle boiled, rinsed it in hot water while the boiling water settled, just a titch, and then poured half of it over a clean towel to press against my sweaty beard,, and filled it up the scuttle with the remaining ritualistic revitalisation-juice - a lurverly hhhhot water shave was needed, and needed badly indeed!
    • ... just kidding! I actually dunked my face in a sinkful of water as icy as the cold water tap allowed, for as long as my lungs allowed, for at least a half-dozen times.[/list:u][/list:u]
      • - used bubble water from tonight's shave cream as 'pre-shave'
        - Semogue 2000 with 50/50 Old Spice Fresh Lime & Ingram's regular shave creams
        • - mmm dat's nice![/list:u]
          - 1940's Gillette Tech with a TrIP (Tesco red IP)
          - after the final pass was rinsed off, the sink got filled with more cold water and bobbing for ice cubes followed
          - MY Mild Menthol AlumWater spritz which I allowed to evaporate while I began clean up of the brush, mug & razor etc
          - after the alum was rinsed off, the sink got filled with more cold water and bobbing for ice cubes followed again
          - Thayers' Rose witch hazel
          - Boots' Bay Rum tonic diluted in hands, patted to shaved area ...
          • then cold water patted into the tonic and allowed to evaporate cooly into the torpid sultry night air.[/list:u][/list:u]

Result: SSS, with a bit of irritation when salty sweat trickles into slight pinks.
            • ... I never was a fan of summer weather, just summer hols.[/list:u]

Razor: Rolls Razor
Brush: Omega 599
Cream: C.O. Bigelow
AS: AII Osage
ASB: C.O. Bigelow Blue Elixir
Cologne: C.O. Bigelow Blue Elixir

SPM_A1505.jpg

Sunday
Hot Towel,
bj sivertip/TRS cream ( worked well together :) )
Merkur 38c/Derby
Alum
Nivea Replenishing ASB

Balde and razor not the best combo for me and end results could have been better.
An 0k shave so the blade is out for tomorrow.
regards, beejay

Sunday
Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Sensor
Simpson Tulip 2 (2-band) Super
Trumper's Coconut cream (sample - thanks Mick!)
D R Harris Pink aftershave
Kouros 'Energizing Tonique' (why not call it Kouros Light, or Summer?)

When I started 'real' shaving Trumper's Coconut was the first expensive thing I bought. I was great then, and it's still great now. Good for summer - especially with Limes Skinfood. Oh Gods, where's my credit card?

joe mcclaine said:
When I started 'real' shaving Trumper's Coconut was the first expensive thing I bought. I was great then, and it's still great now. Good for summer - especially with Limes Skinfood. Oh Gods, where's my credit card?

You'd better have the CC for Trumpers. I could spend a fortune there and the only reason I probably don't is that I have never tried enough of their products. If the Limes cologne and aftershave weren't so damn expensive I'd bathe in the stuff. Also I don't have much say on their creams/soaps as I have only tried Rose cream and Sandalwood cream neither of which really worked that well for me and I find their cream samples quite small and therefor I can never make my mind up about them. The skin foods are excellent................ and well if I went on.......... one purchase would lead to another etc etc.

Have you tried Wellington Cologne Vinny? I know you're quite familiar with trumpers and Wellington is my absolute favourite.

Anyway....

Sunday

Futur (1.5)
Gillette Super Thin Thai (cant really remember how many 3/4)
Speick Cream
No Name Badger
Thayers Medicated Superhazel
Speick AS

Narciso Rodriguez EDT

Think Im getting back into the swing of things after going back to basics with the razor. First time I used the Future it was really hit and miss so went to using a Tech/Feather combo for a while which really helped me get back to basics. Tried to go one step up back to using the 34C which for some reason didn't work for me but now using the Futur is as natural a feeling as I've ever had shaving and it does the work for you (as long as you keep the angle good). Combined with the good sharp/smooth balance of the Super Thin, this could quite easily become my "A" team.

Ahhhhh now off to watch the Gerries hump "them" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom