Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 26th June 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday - five more get ups & a get up and go.

Gillette Flair Tipped SS
Gillette 7 O'clock Green SS
Omega 10029 Baby Pro
Omega SC
Alum
Aqua Velva iced Blue
444 ASB

Not bad at all.

Monday
Edwin Jagger DE87
Red Personna
Simpson Tulip 2 (2-band) Super
D R Harris Almond soap
D R Harris Pink aftershave

A rose scented day for me. Very refreshing! :D

EJ Chatsworth with new Feather blade
Omega Boar Brush
Trumper's Rose Soap
Trumper's Coral Skin Food
D R Harris Aftershaving Milk
Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet Cologne

Monday

Merkur 34c
Blue Bird Hi Stainless (4)
Simpson's 'Wee Scot'
Tabac Soap (Bowl)

Nivea ASB
Tabac AS

Even better than yesterday! Where does the Wee Scot hide all the soap? Minimal swirling in the Tabac cake and bingo. This tiny thing is outperforming my other brushes very easily. I find it hard to believe what it is actually doing. I know that I am still new fangled (is that purely a local term?) but this could be the start of a beautiful friendship...

Love the Blue Bird also; someone on another Forum suggested that these are simply Derby blades with an alternative branding, we'll find out tomorrow.

Excellent!!
:shave

Monday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Custom two banded finest 24 mm, made in England by Chris/Neo
Razor: Friodur 15/16
Soap: Cyril R Slater Indian Sandalwood
AS: Dr Harris Sandalwood
Result: Very clean shave

This razor was not used to it´s fullest this morning though, I didn´t have to much stubble to work with after yesterdays late shave, with my Engström.
44813d1277711051-sotd-sun-june-27th-sat-july-3rd-snb12581.jpg

Good morning.

Tabac shaving soap
Men-U pure bristle brush
Feather blade
Merkur HD
Alum
Old Spice AS splash

The HD makes a nice change from the Futur, but I'll be back onto the Futur by the end of the week.
Tabac soap is excellent, and I would recommend it to anyone who has trouble building lather from soap.

Thanks.

Monday

Men-U pure bristle brush
Palmolive stick
Merkur HD + GST
Alum
Men U- Moisturiser

I forget how excellent the palmolive is. Alum brought out some irritation today which I didnt notice initially. Think I will try without it for a while.

A good shave. :shave

Monday

Mach 3
EJ Best Badger
Trumpers Coconut Shaving Cream
Boots Witch Hazel
L'Occitane asb

Alarm clock malfunction left me with little time to shave, so grabbed the Mach 3 (couldn't locate my Sensor from yesterday). Guess what, great shave!

I am reaching the conclusion that sometimes my face just doesn't like alchohol or menthol, which is less than useful.

Ian

Monday

1958 British TV Special
Gillette Thai Super Thin (5)
Omega soap
New Forest 2201
Proraso AS

Well... I decided to use the Omega primarily as I was expecting the "new badger" effect. It was there but much muted compared to all the other brushes I've had. Lathered the soap in the large tea cup and had a positive explosion of lather, didn't scoop any extra lather other than that on the brush and it easily covered my fizzer with some leftovers (not counting the mountain in the mug).

In use it seems to be as soft on the face as a Kent BK4, but with the backbone of a Vulfix 404 mix - it's bloomed on first use to somewhere between the full bloom of the BK4 and the partial bloom of the 404.

Monday

Back to shaving with this pretty hard water here in The Baltics

AoS badger brush
Vision 2000 / Feather
Proraso white sc tub
Alum
Speick AS and ASB
Guerlain L'Instant EdT

- ok, let's see now if the pantzers can finally send the arrogant 'one-watch-per-wrist' entertainer back to Buenos Aires
- the L'Instant is lovely but does not seem to last very long, pity cause I found EdP y'day in ATH but did not buy
- lots of Kiehl's products up in CPH but for some odd reason this brand does not appeal to me that much
- they really need to do smt with the referees, you know; there's a lot at stake here and we just can't have goals like the one England scored not counting
- Ivan seems not to make so much lather (as far as I can judged by his pics) but still (recalling Chimenesch) this is probably the right way to go I guess
- I used to collect Cartier fountain pens, and thought they were good writers; till I bought my first MB in S'pore last week; now I feel more addicted, and just managed to resist myself splurging 6k Kroner y'day in Karstup (CPH) on that George Bernard Shaw LE one...
- I really wonder what Jeremy Clarkson calls the arrogant entertainer; loved it when he called Rafael Nadal a 'Spanish ape' few years back...

Duke_PC001.jpg

the pic I couldn't post last week with some latest acquisitions

Monday

EJ Chatsworth
Thai Superthin (4)
Neo Finest 2-band
SWK Scuttle
Cade Soap
Alum
Floid AS.

My first use of the Cade and i really quite like it. A very smooth and comfortable shave. The Superthin seems to like to bed in a bit (in the Chatsworth for me anyway) as this was the most comfortable shave with it so far! Strange :lol:

Blyth Spirit said:
I know that I am still new fangled (is that purely a local term?) but this could be the start of a beautiful friendship...

• Not unless by 'local' you include North America as it was used as afr back as I can remember (over 45 years ago) in Southern Ontario.[/list:u]

Blyth Spirit said:
    Love the Blue Bird also; someone on another Forum suggested that these are simply Derby blades with an alternative branding, we'll find out tomorrow.

I've heard:
    • They're made in the same factory, with the same materials and machines as Derby, but they're smoother" - I heard that after I tried a couple, and I still liked them afterwards.[/list:u]

Urban Hermit said:
Blyth Spirit said:
I know that I am still new fangled (is that purely a local term?) but this could be the start of a beautiful friendship...

• Not unless by 'local' you include North America as it was used as afr back as I can remember (over 45 years ago) in Southern Ontario.[/list:u]

• newfangled [ˈnjuːˈfæŋgəld]
    adj
    1. newly come into existence or fashion, esp excessively modern
    2. Rare excessively fond of new ideas, fashions, etc.
    [C14 newefangel liking new things, from new + -fangel, from Old English fōn to take]

Precedes the 45 years ago in Canada, eh? :D

Urban Hermit said:
Blyth Spirit said:

• Phew, that's a relief. However is afr a purely Canadian term? ;)

Agree they are bl**dy good; of course, as the septics would say, YMMV.

Now I need to find some more, at low cost!
    :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom