Wednesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Frederick´s The Old English Razor
Brush: Ikon 24 mm silvertip chubby
Soaps: Omega + Nannys Yushu LE
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Strop: Neil Miller linnen/buffalo 50/70
Result: Smoooth

I love how my English near edges shave, so smooth and close. I allmost allways are surprised how sharp they´re (thanks to Neil), when shaving with them you don´t get that feeling and sometimes it´s easy to nick one self. Not today though :D. I tried some "super lather" this morning and it was a very nice combination a hot and humid day like today - Omega menthol combined with Nannys excellent soap = very, very nice. Both face and head are now clean :shave
44899d1277884125-sotd-sun-june-27th-sat-july-3rd-snb12627.jpg

Wednesday

Merkur 34c
Derby Extra (2)
Simpson's 'Wee Scot'
Nanny's Yushu Juniper Soap

Edwin Jagger Sandalwood ASM

The Wee Badger was sensational yet again, face lathering with yet another soap! I simply hold this in a pencil type grip and Robert's your mother's brother and it still has a fair bit left to rinse out of it at the end.

The Juniper soap is an ideal Summer soap, it's seriously good.

:D

Hot shower
Soap - Proraso
Brush - Unbranded Silvertip
Razor - Feather Portable
Blade - Red personna (2)
Astringent - Thayers Rose Witch hazel

Decided to try the Feather Portable with a Personna this morning after a horrible face day yesterday. Also decided to avoid ASB as felt my normal Nivea Sensitive a bit too, not sure what yesterday, but it was irritating my neck mid afternoon after an 8am shave making my neck clammy. Wife had nicked my Thayers cooling cucumber to spray on her horses sunburnt nose!

Result - reasonable shave and no irritation afterwards. Need to change my balm methinks......

Fido said:
I chuck my blades after 3 sessions. After 8 the poor thing must be worn out! Heroic to get that far.

I am new to this game and want to find out what differences (if any) there are between blades. The shave count is the easiest difference to measure. The main reason is to help to decide which blades to buy (more shaves = better choice if all other things are equal). I could use the information to replace the blade after the last good shave too and avoid the 'blunt start/swap blades' shave. (Swapping after 3 shaves would be a waste for me. I've got at least 6 x three pass shaves from every blade I've tried so far.)

This morning I swapped the blade for my next sample choice..

EJ89
Supermax Stainless (1)
EJ Pure Badger
Body Shop original shave cream
Witch Hazel

Superb lather from the BS cream. All good.

Wednesday Shave

Merkur Progress
Feather Blade
Nanny's Yushu LE Soap
Omega 49 Boar Brush
Trumper's Coral Skin Food [before the final pass]
D R Harris Aftershave Milk
D R Harris Arlington Cologne

Very nice shave with the Progress today. I've decided to give the Chatsworth a rest and experiment further with the adjustable. Started off on a setting of 3 and finished with a 5+. Very nice shave at the end.

Wednesday

Morning shower
AoS badger
AoS Sandalwood sc
R89 / Gillette Platinum
AoS alum
DRH Fern AS
Amouage Dia EdP

- In contrast to what bean said, I've always found hard to keep up with counting how many times I've shaved with each blade.
- Irritation again at the lower neck; now I know it's the hard water here (took me a trip to ATH/PVG/SIN but I learned my lesson).
- I can see Ian keeps using the M3s; it's almost 6 months for me now w/o them.
- The R89 for more 'detailed' jobs; the Vision 2000 for 'hardcore' work.
- I've been away from the boards for a while; what's the story with Fido's new brushes for sale? Better have a look at his blog right now...

bean said:
Fido said:
I chuck my blades after 3 sessions. After 8 the poor thing must be worn out! Heroic to get that far.

I am new to this game and want to find out what differences (if any) there are between blades. The shave count is the easiest difference to measure. The main reason is to help to decide which blades to buy (more shaves = better choice if all other things are equal). I could use the information to replace the blade after the last good shave too and avoid the 'blunt start/swap blades' shave. (Swapping after 3 shaves would be a waste for me. I've got at least 6 x three pass shaves from every blade I've tried so far.)

This morning I swapped the blade for my next sample choice..

EJ89
Supermax Stainless (1)
EJ Pure Badger
Body Shop original shave cream
Witch Hazel

Superb lather from the BS cream. All good.

Sent you a pack of the Jewell Blades this morning ;)

Wednesday, 06-30-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/1 Best Badger - Gillette Black Tech - Personna IP #1 - Pre Proraso - Gibbs Nº 53 - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Bowling Green + ASB 444.

Afeitado30-06-10003.jpg

Wednesday

5/8 Stainless round point Bassler
Erasmic Shavebowl
Vulfix 404 Boar
Alum
Stratos

Open Razor Shave 17: A SAS not close not much irritation and only took 25 mins. Ever so slowly getting better and better at it, practice makes perfect but one thing is for sure I'm not a natural!

Wednesday

New Forest 2201 (3)
Godrej Shaving Round (16 Rupees worth of goodness)
Gillette 1958 British TV Special
Gillette Thai Super Thin (lost count)
Speick AS

Yummy - the lather I get from a minimal swirl on the Godrej combined with the lathering properties of the "Fido" is so far unsurpassed... according to the ingredients list the Godrej is solely based on potassium-based saponifiables - so you'd expect it to be very soft - it is kind of soft, about the same consistency as unworked putty, but not liquid like you'd expect... if it was available here at a more sensible price, I'd be lapping up the Godrej, it's stunning stuff.

Wednesday

1956 Gillette Blue-tip Superspeed
Shaving Shack Israeli blade (#2)
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Kent BK4
Alum block
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Heat, lots of sweat and the helmet strap irritating my neck & face on my daily cycle commute to & from work have made my face and neck a bit delicate this week. Decided on a mild shaver with my slickest cream, but even that left things stinging and red. Meh. :cry: Perhaps a day off shaving tomorrow if the irritation remains.

Wednesday - A Nooner:

... almost early enough to call it a morning shave, but not quite! On with the details:

• - shower, Simple for Men Hydrating Face Wash
    - as much cold water as I felt was needed throughout the shaving experience
    - Urban Hermit's Spearmint & Lime shave oil undercoat
    - Mitchell's Wool Fat (I never tire of the that name!)
    - Omega Pro 49
    - 1940s Gillette Tech with a Big Ben Blue stainless
    - My Mighty Menthol AlumWater spritz
    - Thayers' Rose witch hazel
    - Boots' Bay Rum as ASL[/list:u]

3 pass shave with very few & very minor touch ups, LNBS shave for the day.
    Great Googa Mooga!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom