Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 24th July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday, 07-27-10.

Soap from Marseille 72% Palm oil - TGN UK Super badger 23mm. - Guillette Rocket HD 500 - Israeli Personna #1 - Pre Proraso - Vito's shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Aqua Velva + ASB 444.

Afeitado27-07-10002.jpg

Tuesday

Merkur 39C Sledgehammer
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (1)
Omega Pro #49
Monsavon Bol à Raser
Boots Essential ASB
Boots Forest Fresh AS

Disappointed with the Black, tried one before and got a great shave in my EJ DE87, but they don't seem to work as well in the slant, had to work at it to get a decent shave, as they say different blades work better in different razors.

TTFN

Tony

Tuesday evening

Muehle pure
38C / Gillette Bleue Extra (#2)
The Body Shop Maca Root cream
D.R. Harris Sandalwood after shave

- After a full day's drive to the south part of Lithuania and back, a warm shower and a shave.
- This cream is really nice, while this brush must be the worst purchase I've made so far.
- Is the DRH Sandalwood AS so similar to the ToBS Mr. Taylors AS and fairly similar to Musgo Real AS, or is it just my idea?

IMG_0986.jpg

simmo3801 said:
...I wet my face rubbed the stick all over it then face lathered with the brush which produced a good lather for my first pass but pretty much sod all for the second. Am I supposed to rub the shave stick on my face again???

I had exactly the same question, simmo, and thought about asking as well. I think we should rub the stick in the face again (to a lesser extent) prior to the 2nd pass. But would prefer if someone experienced with this confirms.

Re: Tuesday evening

N_Architect said:
simmo3801 said:
...I wet my face rubbed the stick all over it then face lathered with the brush which produced a good lather for my first pass but pretty much sod all for the second. Am I supposed to rub the shave stick on my face again???

I had exactly the same question, simmo, and thought about asking as well. I think we should rub the stick in the face again (to a lesser extent) prior to the 2nd pass. But would prefer if someone experienced with this confirms.

I usually have plenty of lather left in the brush for the 2nd (and 3rd if there is one) pass...

I'm putting my failing down to a brand new boar brush, but I take it you don't reapply the stick then? There seemed plenty left on the brush after my first lathering but come the second it was just a wash really. Do I need to soak the tip of the stick first?

My drill with the stick is this:

Wet face (dripping even), a really good wipe over the whole face and neck with the stick... lather with a slightly wetter than normal brush adding more if required to get the lather to come right... even it out with a bit of painting, set the brush aside - it should have plenty on to do the street.

Tuesday Evening

Hot shower
New Forest Brush
ToOBS Almond Cream
Feather (1)
Superspeed
OS Lime AS

Have put the Astra's back in the wardrobe tonight, not feeling them at the moment. Had a nice close shave with the Feather, three passes, very close and no irritation. Just AS and no balm tonight and all's good :cool:

Wednesday

'59 Fatboy
Supermax SuperStainless (2)
Neo Finest 2-band
P-160
Alum
OS Fresh Lime AS.

Wow, the P160 lathers like a dream! Possibly even easier to make shave worthy lather than Tabac! Lovely marzipan scent too :D

Wednesday

Cobra Classic
Feather Pro Blade
New Forest 2201
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Monsavon
Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive asb

Didn't get the best lather from the Monsavon, but I like the unusual scent. I'm sure that subsequent lathers will be better.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom