Sunday Evening

Hot flannel
New Forest Brush
Palmolive stick
Astra SP(1)
Superspeed
Alum block
Nivea Sensitive ASB

Total change tonight, no shaving oil cos it "makes a hell of a mess of the sink" :roll: and back to Palmolive after my recent dally with more 'exciting' creams. The SS is my benchmark razor and this is my first use of an Astra blade, I use the Alum every few days so I can use the stinking as a guide to how my technique is improving.

I went for three passes tonight, I'm still very careful with my 'sensitive' neck, but although I have a close shave my whole face does feel a bit more sensitive. Will go a bit easier tomorrow and omit the Alum. Astra cut well though.

Sunday evening

38C / Gillette Bleue Extra (#1)
Muehle Pure
Body Shop Maca Root
AoS alum
Florena AS
Muehle ASB aloe vera

- Still with the 38C, trying blades now. This particular one is not that smooth for my skin.
- The Body Shop cream is very nice, but when opening the tub I thought it was like a soft soap hence loaded the brush too much...

IMG_0934.jpg

Sunday

Merkur HD 34c
Feather
Nanny's Yushu soap
Vulfix No.5 pure bristle
Alum Block
Body Shop White Musk for Men AS Balm
Body Shop White Musk for Men EDT

Pre - Thayers original witch hazel
Brush - Omega 10005
Cream - TOBS Lemon and Lime
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Gillette Super Thin
Post - Thayers Rose witch hazel
Old Spice Fresh lime AS

Amazingly not a bad shave before work despite being called out halfway through to look at a horse with a swollen eye. I confirmed that it did indeed have a swollen eye before returning to complete my shave more than a tad annoyed!

Still not mpressed by the lemon and lime scent of TOBS so just using it up now. Bought a Steve Woodhead bowl from Ebay which helps to make up amazingly good lather and I'm finding the Omeag 10005 a great brush!

Monday
Wilkinson Sword Bonded Razor
Simpson Tulip 2 (2-band)
Palmolive stick
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal aftershave

School holidays so I'm having a week off.

My Dad and my Son are joining me on the golf course this morning for their very first rounds.

Monday

Fido 2201 2 band
Palmolive Soap
Merkur HD + Trig (1)
Alum
Men U Balm

blade seemed to skip a bit, but will give it another go. Overall, a good shave

Monday

Cobra Classic
Feather Pro Blade
New Forest 2201
MWF
Witch Hazel

No asb or a/s

After yesterday's shave all was well, but in the afternoon parts of my face felt quite oily. I suspected that it may be that the MWF and the Nivea asb that I uses was too much, so this morning I performed the same shave but without asb. apart from a couple of dryish areas, all seems to be ok.

Ian

Monday

Futur, Supermax blade, WS Classic Brush, Boots soap bowl, Alum, Old Spice Whitewater AS

DFS, a great performance from the budget blade in the Futur, better than in the DE89.

Jeltz said:
Monday

Futur, Supermax blade, WS Classic Brush, Boots soap bowl, Alum, Old Spice Whitewater AS

DFS, a great performance from the budget blade in the Futur, better than in the DE89.

i used the same Blade & Razor combo this morning, bloody good shave.......!!!

Monday

GEM OCMM
Gem PTFE aka "Ted Pella" (1)
Omega Pro #49
Monsavon Bol à Raser
Nivea Cool Kick ASB
Brut AS

After a few days of injector shaving 2 razors where calling to me today, the slant sledgehammer and the OCMM, I went for the most aggressive of the 2. The OCMM is a beast in the wrong hands, but take it slow and steady with short strokes and this baby well give you the closet shave ever and don't even think about a slight bit of pressure just let it rest in your grip and let the razor do its work. A fantastic shave smooth as a babys bottom and the Monsavon for how cheap it costs is a wonderful soap as soon as my brush hits the soap volumes of lather are produced. What a great way to start the week.

TTFN

Tony

Monday, 07-26-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Vulfix Grosvenor reknocted with UK TGN Super Badger 23mm. - Guillette Fat Boy - Super Max Blue Diamond #2 - Pre Proraso - TOBS Avocado shaving cream - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL La Toja + ASB La Toja.

A sublime shave. Have a good day.

Afeitado26-07-10.jpg

Monday

'66 Slim Adj
Thai Superthin (5 or 6)
Vulfix 404 Boadger
Boots shave soap
Witch hazel
Floid original AS.

My neck has seemed rather sensitive over the past couple of shaves, so i have now ditched this particular blade and will be moving onwards with a different razor tomorrow. Not sure whether to go with another Superthin again or to dig out a Supermax :lol:

Under a week until some leave....i can't wait!
Have a nice day gents.

Monday evening

Futur
iridium super
godrej shave round
new forest 2201
alum
alcolado

I don't usually shave in the evening .I missed this morning's shave. I received the Futur and the alcolado today , how could I resist ?
Futur has quite a heft to it and reminded me of a bath tap. Decided to try it on 1.5 . Took a minute to get used to the blade angle and the heft . The Godrej and 'fido' produced some excellent lather and the futur + iridium seemed to appreciate that. No bad feedback from the alum. The alcolado was next , the smell is quite strong menthol, fishermans friend type of thing ...... mouthwash ? I applied it to my face , no problem , what was all the fuss about ? then..... bam ! Cold , icy cold . I really liked it , I'd had a bit of a headache all day , and it sorted that out as well (true).
Lovely smooth menthol shave .

Enjoy the evening

Damian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom