Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Cobra Classic
Feather Pro Blade
New Forest 2201*
Tabac (bowl)
Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive asb

My New Forest 2201 arrived this morning just as I was getting out of bed. What a great little brush!

New blade in the Cobra makes all the difference.

Ian

Saturday

EJ DE89 Supermax blade #1
Vulfix 2235 Wars Cream
Alum
Blue Stratos

Went for my goto razor to try the Supermax blade, some irritation but the combination of open comb and super thin over the last couple of days might be the root cause of that.

They seem exceedingly adequate, certainly worth buying and achieved DFS.

Saturday
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: E G Gustavsson
Brush: Ikon 24 mm chubby silvertip
Soap: Omega
AS: Alcolado Glacial
Result: VVC - Very, very clean
This little blade is one of the coolest. both in shaving and lookers. I´m very happy to own her
46171d1279965978-sotd-sun-july-18th-sat-july-24rd-snb12912.jpg

Real shaving company face wash
Taylors Super badger brush
Musgo Real shaving cream
Muhle R89 razor with Personna red (#1)
Pashana ASL
Great shave, the Pashana will linger all day !!

Sunny Saturday

PAL Injecto-matic
Personna PTFE blade (2)
Omega Pro #49
Monsavon Bol à Raser
Thayers
Nivea Cool Kick ASB
Adidas Dynamic Pulse AS [with added menthol]

Yesterday was the first time I propaly used the PAL, today was the first BBS with this awesome razor, 4 passes and touch ups and lovely smooth face, this razor makes it so easy, no irritation, I think the soap helped as I got a beautiful lather wipped up by the Pro, also what I do now is fill an old lemonade bottle 2l with water and stick in the fridge over night and use it for my final rinses "BLISS".

TTFN

Tony

GFT Super Badger.
Proraso Cream.
Gillette Fatboy.
Iridium Blade.
Proraso AS

First time i have used the Fatboy, started at 5 and upped it to 7 for the last pass. Based things on my Gillette Slim but found that the Fatboy is a lot more aggressive. So I will keep it dialed down a bit next time, feels nice and balanced though and gave a good clean shave.
Now off to sit in the sun, have a good day guys.
Steve

EJDE89L + Wilkinson (1)
404 bodger + Body Shop original/Ingrams
Witch Hazel spritz
Hugo Boss EDT

A couple of nicks that stopped bleeding immediately with a styptic pencil.
Not a bad shave. Pretty close and smooth. But not the best either. First shave with a new blade never seems that great for some reason :?:
The first time I smelled Witch Hazel I thought it was pretty disgusting. I love it now.

Saturday Afternoon:

• - LeTuft Cobalt Blue SuperBadger
      - Colonel Conk's Lime glycerin soap
      - Gillette Adjustable fatboy set at '4' for 3 passes & polishing
      - real Personna Israeli Red
      - My Mighty Menthol AlumWater spritz
      - Thayers' Rose witch hazel
      - Alcolado Glacial [/list:u][/list:u]

My second to last untried blade "en stashe" (as the French undoubtedly do not say). If I don't get a sample of a blade I haven't used next, my next shave will end up being done with ...

... a yellow Dinosaur Stainless sent to me, by one of the Pauls in da room. He said they were (and I paraphrase due to having lost the PM in a purge): "these are the worst ever blades in the entire world's entire history of shaving" (well, words to that effect...)

simmo said:
      <snipped>... Bay Rum to finish which again made my lips numb!!!
      • Then don't drink it!
          • It's to be applied externally
                • ... which doesn't mean you have to go outside to use it!![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Saturday

Lord Tech
Supermax SS (2)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
Ingram's Cream

Forest Fresh AS

Perfectly adequate, not fantastic but adequate. I'm putting this down to the Lord Tech, it's very light and tricky to get used to. I've always been very fond of this razor - simple, cheap and nice to hold - so I'm going to use it exclusively for a few weeks and master it. The other guys in the band will vary but the Tech will now remain as a feature for an extended period.

The use of a single razor for a month at a time may be a strategy I will continue as I want to master and enjoy each of my razors not chop and change randomly. That's the plan!

Saturday 24/7

Brush- Duke 2
Razor- Rocket flairtip
Blade- Feather
Soap- Honeybee spa Mayan Gold
Astrigent- Alum Razor Rock
ASB- Sandelwood skin food

[attachment=0]

Attachments

• 20100724_002.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 81
Saturday Evening

Hot Shower
New Forest Brush
Nuage Shaving Oil with menthol
Godrej Lime creme
7 O'Clock Yellow (3)
39C
Nivea Sensitive ASB

The menthol oil worked well with the lime and seems to have nice lubricating properties. Two passes plus a bit of touching up under my chin give a good shave with the Slant , although the 7 O'Clock has definitely lost it's edge on the third use. So I'm going to try an untried blade tomorrow, and back to the SS to see how it compares to the Slant and to make sure I'm not tainted by that bad experience of the 'gone off' Derby from the week :ugeek:

Saturday

Merkur Futur (#4.5)
Feather
Arko stick
Kent BK4
Alum Block
L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra-energetic Post-Shave balm
Pinaud Clubman AS lotion

Sunday
Merkur Slant 37c with Feather blade
Simpson Tulip 2 (2-band) Super
Palmolive stick
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

That's what I eventually ended up using but I was going to use my Wilkinson Sword 'bonded razor' but decided against it. Then I put a blade in my German Army-issue open-comb-slant but it just looked like an accident waiting to happen. Then I was going to give my Semogue 1305 a run out with the Palmolive (which I had vowed never to use again) but it just wasn't working as well as my badgers.

So, after a fair bit of faffing about I ended up with a great shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom