White proraso pre/post
NF2201
Nannys Yushi Soap
Rolls razor
Alum
Thayers with Aloe
Bay rum, limes, peppercorns
Touch of Proraso asb

first time out with the rolls. Left very smooth, no irritation. It seemed to tug a bit - that could have been my angle with this razor. Not sure if its as sharp as it should be. Maybe I need to strop the hell out of the blade..?

Jury is still out on this razor, but it is still early days.

Slice of the day...

sotd.jpg

yes you can do it...

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2283" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2283</a><!-- l -->

antdad said:
Slice of the day...

sotd.jpg

yes you can do it...

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2283" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2283</a><!-- l -->

Wow... that looks good!

Anyway. Shaving.

Hot towel
Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes cream
New Forest 2201
Merkur Futur
7 o'clock yellow blade
Pecksniffs Citrus ASB
Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes cologne

A very comfortable, smooth shave. I've decided to use up a few of my various blades from PIF's and samples - and I've got quite a few to get through.
Somehow it seems wrong to use anything other than a Feather blade in my Feather razor, though, so the Futur is likely to get a bit more use.

Have a good day, all.

Regards

Ian

antdad said:
Slice of the day...

sotd.jpg

yes you can do it...

I'm waiting for Ollie to post his fish of the day pic :lol:

Proraso sensitive pre/post
Muhle R106 plus a new Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Egde
Nanny's Lavender soap
SOC
Alum
Nivea Sensitive ASB
Arko Classic Soft Krem moisturiser

Not a bad shave this morning, although I was quite disappointed with the performance of the SOC after some recent showings.

The skin on my jawline is still recovering from my ATG stupidity of last week, so I took it easy and whilst a little bit red after the shave it did settle down eventually.

The Arko Classic Soft Krem is quite a heavy moisturising cream, but works well on my skin which seems to soak it up like a sponge!

Tuesday, 10-26-10.

Mysore Sandal Soap - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Sheraton - Blue Bird #1 - Col Conk almond - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Lilac Vegetal sample + ASB Institut Karité.

Afeitado26-10-10.jpg

Tuesday

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (I4)
Blade: Personna Platinum (blue box label, red blade envelope)
Brush: Omega 31064 (Boar)
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
After Shave Balm: Handmade Naturals: Organic calendula & aloe after-shave balm.

Only two passes today after pushing my luck yesterday, some days I can achieve an ATG pass on my neck with no irritation but other days it feels like the bristles are guiding the bade directly into the skin!

My stocks of Gillette 7 O’clock Sharp Edge blades are running low, and before ordering another load I decided to go through the sample pack again to see if they are still my blade of choice. I quickly settled on a few Personna Platinums, they are in red envelopes and say Distributed by: American Safely Razor Co. so I’m not sure if these are Israeli or American Personnas or even if there are different types of Personna? Either way it’s a nice blade and I’m looking forward to trying one out in my Mühle R89.

I notice my long forgotten Omega boar brush in the back of the cupboard the other day and was staggered by its performance today, and yesterday for that matter, a great brush and nice to have a change badger.

Tuesday, 10.26.10

Aura Glow as a Pre Shave Oil
LaToja Sensitive Shave Cream
New Forest #2211 Silvertip Badger
Hayashi Diamond 8000 13/16ths
SRD Premium I Strop ... 60 Linen/120 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman AS

This Diamond razor has been here for some time. It was slated to go for Pro honing, but I've been getting such good results that I honed it myself this morning. These Japanese NOS razors of Swedish steel are simply amazing! The report of the make-up of the Üddeholm steel is included with the razor.
From what I'm told, the availability of the H.Diamonds at reasonable prices has dried up, but if one comes your way, my advice is to buy it!

Absolutely incredible!

IMG_2299.jpg

Tuesday evening

A simple shave

Hot shower
Arko stick
SOC
Superspeed
Feather (1)
Proraso AS splash

Everything used today would be described as a backbone product of my shaving regime. Nothing remarkable, but all good honest performers - If I had to shave with these items for the rest of my days I'd be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom