Monday morning
Pre: hot shower
Razor: Peroux-Cognet
Brush: Bushmar, English vintage handle and hair
Cream: Vulfix English Rose
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: So so :cry:
You can´t win them all, was this mornings theme :evil:. I was in a hurry and everyone wanted to talk to me when I was lathered up and our youngest (11 yrs old) threw up. I cut myself on the throat, yes - cut throat :cry: :lol:, while trying to get ready fast (by only doing one effective pass). I like this razor though, nice touch to it and the blade is very good.
50855d1287994421-sun-october-24th-sat-october-30th-snb14071-20-282-29.jpg

Monday:

Shaved in the bath for the first time since my back operation.

Hot facecloth
Body Shop Maca Root cream
New Forest 2201
Feather AS
Feather blade (3)
Body Shop Maca Root Razor Burn Relief

A superb shave. Totally indulgent, and a fantastically smooth and close. Definitely the way to go!

Have a good day, chaps.

Regards

Ian

Today I had a big dillema, I got the Fatboy the other day, but haven't tried it, but I also got some Super-Max blades in the post. (Thanks Steve!)
Since I didn't want to change all variables, I decided it wise to go with the FT rocket and the new blades. (because my last shave was with the FT and the other SM blades)
The palmolive was a last minute change, which I regret, the lather is really thick, but too dry for my liking. (maybe I screwed up), back to Nanny's next time.
And to top it off, I have some Old Spice! yeah! (my dad got it for me while in the UK last week)

jLm7z.jpg

Good shave, really like the smell of the OS, will have to try the SM blades for a few more goes before I have a verdict on them.

Max

Monday, 10-25-10. MUSIC: Miles Davis_LP Rare Treasures (2010)

Mysore Sandal Soap - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Gillette Aristocrat #58 - Astra Superior Platinum #2 - Wilkinson stick in a puck - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Floïd Vigoroso + ASB Floïd.

Afeitado25-10-10002.jpg

The Wilkinson shaving stick is a winner. Maybe you would see the leather I got:

EspumaRooney-Wilkinson001.jpg

EspumaRooney-Wilkinson002.jpg

EspumaRooney-Wilkinson003.jpg

Monday, 10.25.10

Hot Towel Prep
Real Shaving Co. Sensitive Shave Cream
New Forest #2201 Two Band Badger
John Holler Tower Brand Square Point
SRD Premium I Strop ... 40 Linen/80 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Pinaud's Lilac Vegetal

In pursuit of The Great White Whale... and the perfect shave...

IMG_2281.jpg

Sunday

6/8 Air Brand
MWF
Simpsons Commodore X1
Body Shop Maca Root AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman AS Balm

Monday

1947 Gillette Milord, Shaving Shack Israelie blade, Henk's Bay Rum with a Twist cream, Simpsons Commodore X1,
RazorRock alum stick, LOréal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS balm, Aqua Velva Musk cologne

1288023606193.jpg

Monday

Shulton pre-shave lotion
Merkur HD
Feather x 2
404 Bodger
TOBS cream
Alum
Thayers WH

just finished nightshift weekend so a nice relaxing shave was in order and that's what it was
:cool:
now for some beers

Catching up again:

Sunday

Semogue 2009
Lindsay's Choice 6/8 square point

RSC LE cream
Musgo Real Classic aftershave

Monday

Butterscotch travel brush reknotted with best badger
Gebr. Lang "Fermarud" 3/8 round point

Nanny's Yushu soft soap
Taylor's St James aftershave

Tiny razor and tiny brush both returned home yesterday from Messrs Miller and Neocaligatio respectively. Sadly no time for a picture as yet, since they make a fetching pair, but both performed admirably.

Tuesday

WS Hydro 3
Simpsons Duke 2 best
DR Harris Arlington soap
OS Whitewater AS

Nice and simple, I disregarded the very fine growth on the base of my beard today and I'll be paying the price for a couple of days.
No other brush has has a look in since I got my duke last week.

Tuesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: E G Gustavsson
Brush: New Forest silvertip
Soap: Tabac
AS: La Coste Challenge
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean :D

Wow, this little guy is smooth and very exact, no problem avoiding the result of the cut from yesterday and get a very close shave :D
50937d1288078110-sun-october-24th-sat-october-30th-snb14087-20-283-29-20-281024x767-29.jpg

Tuesday 26/10

Pre - Hot shower
Razor - WS classic
Cream - Ingrams
Brush - WS bristle
AS - Tabac lotion

For my first ever DE shave I was very pleased with how it all went. I know there is still a lot to learn still as it wasn't as close as I would have liked, but I am already looking forward to my next shave - which I haven't experienced since I was first starting out shving as a whole!

With regards to tackle the classic is staying until I'm confident with moving to a Merkur 34C (planned to be Xmas day!), but the brush is getting replaced with a pure badger ASAP and then I'll just use the WS for travel.

Rating = 6/10 (Improvements to come!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom