Shave of the day W/C Saturday 23rd April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urban Hermit said:
Arrowhead said:
The picture at the back is a little nod to Poly Styrene, whose death was announced earlier today. :cry:

SWMBA told me this news at breakfast in a local caff after I was done with a medical appointment ... still not really absorbed it.
      • :cry: [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

• What sad news :cry: . I'm playing 'The Day The World Turned Day-Glo' as I write this. RIP Poly.

I tell my yesterdayshaving, after four days without shaving.

Brush: Semogue 2020
Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Wilkinson Economie
Palmolive Classic Shaving Cream
Alum stone
Floid Lotion Special Edition
Floid Balm

The blade continues to behave phenomenal in its fourth use, my beard and skin type I feel great.
Funny how mine with the blades, so far as I remember that they are the best: Mercadona (Spanish supermarket), the Super Max Superstainless and these .. None of them think he has a good reputation, but I was going well
Regarding the cream, if I have to take only one of my collection of "supermarket creams" probably some I would keep this.

Greetings from Spain!!

Wednesday, 27.Apr.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Vulfix 404 "Grosvenor" boar & badger
Acca Kappa 1869
Edwin Jagger DE86
Super Iridium
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Emulsión Myrsol

P1030747.jpg

Emulsión Myrsol has a light mentolated touch, very refreshing and very good on this warmer days. Me gusta!
Acca Kappa 1869 is just one of the finest shaving creams that i've tried untill today.

Konstantinos, I also like Andys shot today (well, he snaps nice shots in general) - well composed with the two blades displayed like that!
Wednesday morning
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Bill custom, Paua Abalone base and simpson knot
Razor: Three Crosses
Cream: Al´s custom, Da Bomb
AS: Floid
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Mr Very very clean :D
This cream is a really good and nice one, both preformance and scent wise. I got it as a gift, so I don´t know much about it - it got clay in it and some other stuff.
014800x590.jpg

Wednesday

Mama Bears Creme Brulee
Milk Churn
Gillette Tech
FEATHER
Boots Freshwood ASB
Czech & Speake Frankincense & Myrrh

First shave with a Feather, and wow !!!! I can see why these are so highly rated. Closest shave ever, did cut myself once but only a small nick.

Thanks go out to "Kev" for the Feathers.

Wednesday:

Schick Injector 'Golden 500'
Personna blade
New Forest two band
Acqua di Parma cream
Bulldog asb

As much as I love other AdP products, I find the cream underwhelming in terms of performance and scent, and it tends to dry out my skin. Using the Injector is always a joy though :) .

Mikael said:
Razor: Three Crosses
That's me out :lol: There was only ever going to be one winner, anyway ;)

The newly coticulised Törnblom got it's chance today:

SOTD270411_2.jpg

Klas Törnblom "X"; New Forest 2201 two band brush; Tabac soap and aftershave.

Not bad, not brilliant either. I still don't think the coticule edge is quite sharp enough for my liking ... plenty sharp enough to give me the first shaving cut of the year though :roll:

Wednesday (Almost the end of the short week)

Music: - Immediate Music, Trailerhead album

Hot towl
Gillette Slim Adjustable (setting 4)
Feather Hi-Stainless Double Edged razor blade
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Bluebeards Revenge Shaving cream
Alum block
Witch hazel
Trumpers skin food (Sandalwood)
Pinaud's Clubman Virgin Island Bay Run Aftershave

Back with a feather blade today and I like them, very smooth three pass shave today (WTG, XTG & ATG). Lovely as they are I think my face would not like to use them every day but as part of a rotation I can see them working for me. :D

This bay rum seems to suit the Bluebeards revenge better to me.

Overall very happy.

Wednesday AM

Musgo Real Glyce lime oil soap
Hot flannel
Merkur HD
SuperMax Stainless (3)
Kent BK2
Real Shave Co. Professional Moisturising cream, bowl-lathered
Boots witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive ASB

3 passes: WTG, XTG, XTG, plus touch-ups

Result: DFS, considering I had over 3 days' growth to shave off. :oops:

I'm starting to get the hang of the Merkur again - it needs a very light touch and a shallow cutting angle to glide smoothly without causing irritation. I'm coming to the conclusion that, once this tube of cream is empty, I'm not going to buy any more. I find it needs a lot of water and mixing to get it slippery enough, and I prefer the smell of Palmolive and the fact that it needs less water to get a properly-lubricating lather.

Wednesday AM

Muhle R41 OC
Derby Extra (2)
EJ Med Pure
Palmolive Stick

Nivea ASB
Tabac AS

Three pass, face lathered.

Very good indeed. Great lather from the (almost) magnificent soap stick. I've only ever had one grumble about the Palmolive stick - I wish it had the diameter of the Tabac stick for the initial application.

All in all, a very enjoyable shave.
:shave

Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Strop: Ambrose Spanish Horse 25/50
Brush: Vie-Long E16510
Lather: Woods of Windsord soap + Cyril R. Salter French Vetiver cream
Astringent: Thayers Witch Hazel
AS: La Toja Manantiales ASL + La Toja Sensitive ASB
EdT: Parfums de Nicolai Cedrat Cologne
Summary: I wanted to test my new waterstone (MST Müeller) and I have chosen a known razor, very clean and close shave, I am still learning, and I hope I can improve the edge, but for a first attempt I have a very good feedback.
The überlather is new to me, but I am imitating Robert, if it's good for him it will be good for me, and it is, the dense lather of the Woods of windsor with the "earthy" scent of the Cyril Salter cream. This way I can spend the products of my cabinet, I have too many soaps and creams....(yes SCAD and SSAD) . The La Toja Manantiales has the same scent of the regular La Toja, but less powerful, more elegant, I like a lot this scent.

Picture:
P4273082.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
unknown OC type/Iridium
The Soap Opera Himalaya SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT

First time using this new to me open comb. No name on the thing, but I believe this is a French made piece, based on the words on the case(Bismuth Desleaux). Jake seems to think this might be an unbranded Le Coq, but who knows. No idea how old the razor is.

Not as aggressive as some other OC types I've tried, but still definitely a razor that needs paying attention to while shaving. I'll try it a few more times and afterwords will have a better idea about this purty looking chrome plated piece.

A much closer than usual, BBS result,

Martin

Shaved yesterday evening....

Showered first
Hot Towel
Bodyshop Brush [I'm gonna get a better one, :D ]
Merkur 34
Trig blade (2nd use) [Ordered 100, on the way :) ]
Elemis Ice Cool Shaving Foam
Liz Earle Balm

Status
Not open for further replies.