YoBropimpmyKropp002.jpg

Saturday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' Blade*
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush**
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
GFT Limes a/s

*I decided to use a new blade after using the last Swede for 7 shaves

**I have used the New Forest 2201 brush almost solidly for more than a year, so fancied a change. This brush is bigger, and a little more scratchy. Works well with the MWF.

Ian

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac D01
Razor: Revisor
Cream: Fitjar, Neoli
AS: Old Spice, Fresh Lime
Strops: Neil Miller (linen/cardovan today)
Result: Very,very clean :D
008800x740.jpg

Saturday

Sheffield blade, +6/8, 1/2 to 1/4 hollow
Omega No. 98
Dr. Henk's' Sandalwood & Vetiver (sample)
La Toja Mantiales
Guerlain Vetiver

This is hard to believe, shaves are getting better and better almost each time. Cleanest and smoothest in achieving it shave so far.

R0012438.jpg

Saturday 07-23-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Morris & Forndran 25X53 two bands - Merkur 11C - Gillette Platinum #2 - Pre JASÖN - Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge shaving soap - Alum block - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum.

Afeitado23-07-11.jpg

Curiosity got the better of me, so I gave the SS a whirl:

Omega 49
Proraso green soap
'47 Super Speed/red Personna
Nivea ASB

Having kept everything else the same, I think the SS feels a bit more aggressive than the EJ. A few more shaves with each will tell, but I only did two passes and hardly any touching up.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
Bouhin/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation tallow version)
vintage Caron 'Yatagan' AS
vintage 'Caron Yatagan' EdT (LOTS of celery/pine in this juice)

Having recently used Steve's OC, I decided to revisit one of mine. Technically, it's probably not a true OC type, but it sure shaves like one. Made in France, but no idea when.

The handle, overall weight, and balance reminds me of a Gillette Slim, but the shave is totally different. I'd rate this a solid #7 or maybe a tad higher on the Gilette scale No pressure needed , even though it only weighs about as much as a Slim or a little less. I have to tweak things, using shorter than usual passes, and I gotta pay close attention to detail. Yeah, I can really feel the blade on my face, and I know the margin for error is less than what I'm used to. Personally, i prefer not feeling the blade at all, but that's just me.

Like other OC types, the shave was quite close. I did like the no pressure thing because of the novelty. If this razor was heavier that would make it tougher for me to figure that variable, but the weight's good on the Bouhin.

Sad to say, this one's just not a very good razor for me. Still, for some reason it's sorta nice having it in the old arsenal. I can't see shaving with this one again.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Bohin.jpg
    Bohin.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Bohin 002 (Small).jpg
    Bohin 002 (Small).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Bohin 001 (Small).jpg
    Bohin 001 (Small).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 7
Saturday Morning

IMAG0110.jpg

Bulldog Face Wash prep
Dutch Moss Shave Cream
BR Privateer
Ikon Shavemaster
7 o'clock Sharpedge
Witch Hazel
PB Yellow Unction
PB Coffee AS

Lovely. Opened up an old shaving wound but the trusty alum soon fixed that. I need to spend a bit of time practicing with the Ikon though. It demands a different angle to all my other razors.

However, when I have hit the sweet spot it mows down hairs like a goodun!

EJ 89
Some badger thing
Racer (4)
Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream
Real Shaving Co ASB

managed to tag this on the last thread for some reason...

Considering shave number two on this blade was absolute rubbish and shave three not that much better, had a brilliant shave with it this morning. Well happy with two passes and a couple of touch ups.

Saturday AM

Merkur 11c
Merkur SS (3)
EJ Med Pure
Ingram's Cream

Prorso ASB
Prorso AS

Three pass, face lathered.

Most excellent.

One more day left in the Ingram's tube and three more Merkur blades (from the initial eleven) before I go for another month with a different blade. The constant has been the 11c, it is magnificent with everything I chuck at it....

:icon_razz:

Saturday Night:

• - bespoke Le Tuft Urban Hermit's Black & Blues shave set
    - Solingen Timor stainless steel blades
    - Nanny's Lime shave creoap
    - Thayers' Lemon witch hazel
    - Myrsol Formula K ASL
    • ... for that beard with the mmmmmminty-freshhhh breathhh

... so, I can now add Timor blades to my collection.
  • ... soon
    • ... I shall rule the Earth, and all its inhabitants!
<please insert maniacal, villainous, evil, and even inhuman laugh here*>

• *NOTE (RE: FX Dept.): If you bozos use that same 'girly giggle-and-burp' bit of foley for my 'evil laugh' one more time, there will most assuredly be 'h' 'e' 'double toothpicks' to pay throughout the entire FX department!
      • Both of you
        • will
          • rue
            • the
              • day ...

Back
Top Bottom