Not open for further replies.
Thursday

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Tabac Shaving Soap
Alum
Nivea Sensitive asb

Forgot to strop the Kropp :lol: last night, so went with the Trumper. Very nice and close.

Ian

Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Chris, 23 mm two band
Razor E A Berg
Soap: Henks Bay Rum
AS: Clubmans Bay Rum
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D
Despite a nick (when I was standing there and thinking what a cool and talented guy I am, that can shave sooo good, I somehow lost focus on the actual shaving and sliced a piece of my chin off :shock: :lol:) I got an extremly close shave today and the Bay Rum smells lovely and goes well with my new pirate scar (nothing serious though, really).
P1270009800x594.jpg

Wednesday night:

V early start (0500) Thursday morning so chose to go with a close shave late the previous night.

Hot shower, T+H pre shave oil
T+H Lavender cream, Ed Jagger pure badger
Edwin Jagger DE 87, Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Alum
Ogalalla Bay rum limes and peppercorns.

Really, really smooth and comfortable, the DE 87 is a lovely razor and the bleue goes well with it.

0800 Thursday: Still pretty presentable.

Tuesday 25th January

Palmolive - Culmak restore TGN 18mm Best - Gillette Aristocrat #15 - Gillette Bleue (2) - Speick AS - Speick ASB

Wednesday 26th January

Tabac - Culmak restore TGN 18mm Best - Gillette Rocket HD - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (1) - Ogallala Bay Rum Sandalwood

I wish the tips were a bit softer on the TGN knot, because other than that it's a really fantastic little brush. Maybe they might soften a bit with use, although I don't really know if that happens with badger hair? :?:

Thursday 27th January

Cade - New Forest 2201 - Gillette Rocket HD - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (2) - Ogallala Bay Rum Sandalwood - L'Occitan EdT

I need to choose one set up and stick with it for a while I think. All this chopping and changing makes it difficult to figure out what works best.

Thursday

Gillette 1955 A3 FT Superspeed
Shark SS (2)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
C&E Sienna Soap

Three passes, bowl lathered.

Nivea ASB
C&E Sienna EdT

Splendid. The barest of BBShaves. I always seem to get a great shave when I use C&E hard soaps; a coincidence, perhaps not? [ibid]

Exactly the same as yesterday, to ensure it wasn't a fluke. It wasn't.

by moodymick » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:27 am

RSC Scrub
HD500 & Astra(3)
Proraso White & EJ BB
Alum
Nivea ASB
Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS

If only all things in life were as smooth as a 3rd shave Astra SP - sigh :)

Moving offices today so lots of humping and dumping of filing cabinets - that'll be Injury Lawyers 4 U on speed dial :roll: ;)

Friend of mine got disciplined for humping in the office but hey ho times have changed.......

Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: MWF
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2
Razor: Dovo Bismarck
AS: Thayers Witch Hazel
ASB: Dr Harris milk of cucumber and roses

Result: My closest straight shave to date. I'm probably on my 12th straight shave and it's starting to come together now! I would rate this mornings shave as good as a 2 pass DE. Very happy with that! :D

Today another very good shave!

Razor: Heljestrand MK No.8
Brush: NF2211
Soap: MWF
ASB: T&H 1805

Not an extravagant lineup, but just a good working setup that I'm very comfortable with :p
The MK8 is slowly becoming my "goto" razor together with the Hammersfahr. This is just right.
The MWF was a pif, and I could see myself buying this in the future, (if I didn't already have 30 others to choose from!)
The 1805 is now officially my favorite ASB, it was supposed to be my "special" one, but I keep using it!
The brush needs no comment, we all know how good it is!

Max

Thursday:

Hot shower
DR Harris Arlington SS
Semogue 2010 LE #59
Cobra Classic w/feather pro
Nivea balm

One of the best shaves in a while, the Harris soap really lets me get a close, comfortable shave! BBS!
Fred

Thursday, 01-27-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Kimson silvertip - GEM Micromatic open comb - GEM #3 - Pre Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Gibbs Nº 53 shaving soap - Alum block - ASL Myrsol Antesol + Gel JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado27-01-11-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom