Friday Night:

• - Parker 84R razor, a. k. a.: My Modern BlingKing
    - Gillette Bleue Extra Platinum blade
    - Vie Long 12705 natural horsehair
    - Confiança Via Men shave cream
    - Thayers' Lavender witch hazel
    - Booster's Aquarius ASL
    - 444 ASB gel

... the cream is quite nice considering the string of chemicals it's made from, but that balm is DA BOMB! pretty effin' amazing! Thanks again Dandy Highwayman!

missingskin said:
Prep-Hot shower
Razor-Sheraton O/C ( last day with the monkey now is packing its bag ready to back home)
Been a bit of a ride with this razor, very similar to my Popular. But different enough, glad I got the chance to try it out...........thanks to Marvin the monkey owner....:icon_razz:
Great smooth shave, no irritation and no nicks. But the blade started to tug a bit at the end of the shave so in the bin it went.
Am thinking I maybe Fazan day tomorrow..........:icon_evil::icon_evil:

What's doin buddy,

Well as you said earlier, I got you on 2 outta 3, which ain't bad. There's still a couple more razors in the arsenal that you might find amusing.....

I agree with you about how the Popular shaves....very similar to the US made Sheraton/Senator models. I'd much rather use the Popular over the other two though. Feels better in my hand and looks great. Thank you for that insidious Popular loan a while back.....sheeeesh!

So the Fazan's the one you said you were ascairt of and wanted me to hurt myself with it before you tried it yourself. Heh, should be an interesting shave.....

Marvin

Hello gentlemen, today I put my first picture, I think the flash has spoiled the picture better without flash, no?
Gillette Fatboy
Feather blade
Soap Dr. Selby
Semogue mixture badger / boar
Carrefour hemostatic pencil
Turkish Alum
Avalanche Palmolive Lotion

P1020714.jpg

Friday 26th August

Scottish Pure Soaps Classic
Neep Purpleheart 22mm silvertip brush (face lathered)
Vintage Gold Gillette ball end "New" with 7 O'clock Yellow blade
Alum block
Scottish Pure Soaps Moisturising Aftershave Balm

a-1107-1-04c.jpg

OK I thought I would try one of the old ones just for the fun of it.
:icon_eek: Wow! Is this thing vivid! As soon as I touched my face with it I just knew that I had to be ultra careful and get the shaving angle just right and go really lightly in order not to tear up my skin. Now I know why the chaps in the Royal Navy grew beards. You ain't gonna shave with one of these on a rolling ship! :icon_rolleyes: It shaved, and it shaved very well, but I'll just put this one on the shelf to look pretty. It makes the Merkur and even the Weishi feel really tame.

Tomorrow... back to the trusty Fatboy, unless the Feather AS DE arrives.

Rod

Neep: Those Single Ring models sure are aggressive, I was very :icon_surprised: the first time I used one.

Steve: It's important to let the Fasan know you're in charge, if not you're in for a sea of weepers ;) :icon_lol:

milogciachez: Very nice first SOTD picture! Flashes aren't that good, I think (when using the macro it's bound to cast strange reflexes).

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Nacet Platinum (thanks Slimbo)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Caron 'Yatagan' AS (1970s vintage)

First time using the Nacet blade that Slikki was nice enough to send out. I'd read about these and the reviews were good. Now I can see why.

Sharper than most and very forgiving. Matter of fact, therer's an incredible amount of room for error with these, considering how well they cut.

I'll give it a few more tries and see where things stand after that, but I think this blade's gonna be a keeper.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom