Feather AS-D1
Voskhod (2)
T&H/Rooney 1/2 Super
T&H 1805 Cream
WTG - XTG - XTG + touch ups
Superdrug WH
Trumper Sandalwood Skin Food
Trumper Eau de Quinine

Thought my face was going to feel like the fire pits of Mordor by the time I'd finished this shave because as much as I tried I could not stop myself from rushing this shave. Should have seen it coming really, as I rushed the bath, which was too hot for this weather - yes, I know I could've and should've cooled down the bath first, but I didn't - and didn't soak the beard for long enough. Result was a very uncomfortable but close shave with no shave sign of any irritation by the time I'd applied the WH & SF.

So lesson learnt? Probably not :?

TTFN. . .

Thursday PM

Musgo Real Glyce lime oil soap
Hot flannel
Merkur HD
SuperMax Stainless (1)
Kent BK2
TOBS sandalwood cream, bowl-lathered
Boots witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive ASB

3 passes: WTG, XTG, XTG, plus touch-ups

Result: DFS, tiny amount of irritation under jawline due to excessive touching-up.

As anyone who read my dithering and waffling on the subject of shaving with my Merkur will know, I've had a few problems of late. This shave confirmed that I'm not a total cack-handed idiot, and that, by going back to first principles, I can get a superb shave out of the German product. I also used less balm than previously, as I find that too much makes my face feel greasy.

Thursday

Getting ready for the long, Easter Weekend here...

GB Kent T4
DR Harris Arlington Shave Soap
Puma 6/8 No 1
Castle Forbes Lavender Oil After Shave Balm

Attachments

• DSCF0053.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 78
Thursday, 04-21-11.

MUSIC: The Jam_LP This is the modern world.

20822562_gal.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran two bands - Merkur Progress - Polsilver #2 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Gibbs Nº 53 shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB La Chinata - ASL Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum.

Afeitado21-04-11002-1.jpg

Frigg's (or Freya's) Day
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Simpson Tulip T2 (two-band) super
  • D R Harris Lavender shaving soap
  • Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cologne[/list:u]

That's what I'm talking about.

Re: Thursday

Went on to create a new 'SOTD' thread earlier on... Still think it is a Saturday today... :? :p

rum said:
...GB Kent T4...
I've noticed this is your main workhorse. So happy with it? You bowl lather?
With your attention to detail and to quality stuff, I'm surprised you haven't picked up a Simpson (or whatever else of that calibre) brush yet...

Friday morning
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 3
Razor: Ant Arrow
Soap: Nannys Ice and a Slice
AS: Dr Harris Sandalwood
Strops. Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Smooth and easy to use blade, love it to bits allready! :D We´re off for the yearly country side Easter adventure, have a good one Everyone!!
003800x660.gif

Razor: Dovo Blackstar 5/8
Strop: Ambrose Spanish Horse 25/50
Brush: Semogue 1800
lather: La Toja Manantiales soap
Preshave: Anthony logistics shaving oil
AS: Weleda Lotion Après rasage
EdT: Fragonard Cologne Grand Luxe
Summary: Dovo, the biggest razor maker, gives us tools with an excellent perfomance at a reasonable price, far from the chinese bargains in price and quality, but very close from the quality brands in shaving related features. La Toja manantiales....is a easy lathering soap, paired to this humble Semogue (humble in price not in ability) gives me the perfect lather for a close and comfortable shave....Weleda lotion is good but the scent it's not very fine, I like a bit but somebody dislikes it
Waves from Spain
pictures, I liked those 3:
P4223027.jpg

P4223029.jpg

P4223031.jpg

Easter Friday:

Music : - Ghost in the Shell OST 1

Hot towl
Gillette Super Speed
Gillette 7 O' Clock Double Edged Razor Blades (Yellow box)
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Indian Sandalwood)
Alum block
Witch hazel
Trumpers skin food (Sandalwood)
Genuine Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood Aftershave

A lovely day outside and a lovely shave today. Just two passes (WTG & XTG) with a few touch ups.

I really like the Ogallala aftershave and recommend it to any one.

The shaving cream really brought out the aftershave today and has left me in such a good mood and Mrs rwoodcock01 was very happy with the result to. ;)

Have a good lazy day all.

(Very) Good Friday:

Red Tip
Voskhod
New Forest tortoiseshell two band
Palmolive cream
Bulldog asb
Acqua di Parma colonia

I don't usually post pics for SOTD, but here's one today to mark the first shave using my newly acquired New Forest brush :) . Chunky handle in tortoiseshell and Two Band badger - what a beauty!

After 7 months of DE use, I've noticed that my shaves over the last couple of weeks have felt consistently great - as if all the elements of prep/technique/tools are slotting into place. Well, using the NF brush today just raised that to another level - the feeling of pure luxury on my face was glorious. This is what it's all about my friends :D :D :D

Jos
sotd2.jpg

Loccitane Face Scrub
NF2211
Fitjar Citrus Kick Cream
5/8 Bury St Edmunds vintage Kropp
Neil Miller Strop
Loccitane Face Splash
Fitjar Mint ASB

Just a nice leisurley shave today very nice,last shave with a straight for a couple of weeks as away back offshore again,just when i was getting back to getting the hang of the straights.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
Frankenrazor/Feather
J. Peterman 1903 SC
St Johns Bay Rum cologne (used as aftershave)

Yet another excellent shave using this weird razor combo. The fat handle Tech handle is a good fit with the Stahly head, and the Feather makes it a magical experience.

I'm gonna loan the razor to a friend of mine, and I think he's gonna enjoy this strange set up.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Frankenrazor with Tech handle 004 (Small).jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 64
  • Frankenrazor with Tech handle 003 (Small).jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom