Shave of the day W/C Saturday 16th April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, 04-22-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran two bands - Merkur 11C - Polsilver #3 - Pre JASÖN - Martin de Candre unscented sample - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Lilac Vegetal.

Afeitado22-04-11.jpg

Late shave today as went for a run and then headed into the garden for some serious tidying up for about 4 hours!

Bath

EJ DE89
Red Personna
W/Sword Brush
Nannys Lavender Soap
One Planet asb
GFT Milk of Flowers cologne

Despite taking on water after the run and during the gardening I still had a headache but the scent of the lavender seemed to calm that down, what a soap! Hot cross bun and a cup of tea now lovely......oh the shave? Three passes and a touch up, great one. Have a good Easter all.

Hello friends! Yesterday I registered in the forum and I will tell my shaved yesterday:
Brush Semogue 2020
Merkur Progress + Wilkinson Economie
Marine Continente Shaving Cream (it's the supermarket's own brand Portuguese Continente)
Alum stone
Vigorous Floid Lotion Special Edition (it's a new format of classic Floid of 400 ml.)
Floid Balm

The Shaving Cream costs 1 euro per tube of 125 ml. It has a very good value for money. Floid lotion is wonderful. The balm I premiered yesterday and I do not like the smell much.

Good Friday

Not the best of shaves, to say the least.

'40s Superspeed (1st pass) and Merkur 11C (2nd pass) with Super-Max
Vulfix Grosvernor bodger 404 with Fitjar Neroli shaving cream
Speick after shave lotion
Fitjar Neroli after shave cream
Creed Aventus Eau de Parfum

Show more

- Started with too much loading of the brush. Lather on face went too dense, first pass with the Superspeed not good. Same razor/combo had been used successfully back home two weeks back.
- At the end of he first pass I discover that the blade is 2-3mm off one end of the razor's head, and only 1mm at the other side. :? I open the razor, try to adjust, no result. Decide to change razor for the 2nd pass.
- Lather was thinner in the second pass, but with a bad start earlier on, a possibly QC-to-be-rejected blade and an OC to be used in the second pass, you can smell irritation and redness coming up in the neck...
- Anyway, it's one of those days. Things are better now especially after using the Fitjar Neroli after shave cream, however from now on I'll be more careful with the Super-Max's.
- After wearing it twice so far I would say the Aventus suffers from poor longevity but let me go and check again the reviews over at basenotes before I confirm my suspicion...

Fatboy loaded with a feather blade, vergulde hand shaving soap and weleda aftershave balm. It was the third shave for the feather blade, which was noticable but not too bad. Resulted in a DFS.

huxley said:
37g slant loaded with a gillette yellow
Nanny's yushu juniper berry soap
Bulldog balm

And one very nosey african grey. :lol:

Hi there,

I don't know anything about your shaving items, but you do have good taste in boids (said in my best Brooklyn accent). Yeah, I like parrots myself, although I've never owned one, sad to say. My mom had a parrot when she was growing up, and she was the boid's favorite. Yeah, lucky for her she remained unbitten over the years, while her brothers weren't quite so lucky.

For about six months, I lived with a woman who had a double yellow nape that had been owned previously by an old lady who had died. The parrot had an old womans voice of course, which was a little odd. Oh yeah, she also hated me......a lot. She gave me a few excellent 'love bites' before I finally gave up on the goofy ass thing. Oh, we're still talking about the parrot here. Funny thing was, she'd cackle in a high pitched voice whenver she took a chunk outta me. Yeah, little Ninio was just adorable.

If I was to get a boid, the African Gray would be on my list. One of the smarter parrots, plus they look great.

Last minute decision to bother having a shave one day into a long weekend, hence the relative lateness. Still a bit of daylight left, which was nice.

Prepared the fizzog with a hot shower and the remains of a T&H sample of Ultimate Comfort pre-shave oil. Stuck on some classical (Grieg's Peer Gynt Suites) and set to work:

EJ 89, loaded with an Astra SP (2). Lathered up T&H Trafalgar shave cream with my Vulfix 404 bodger. Three passes, in several directions. Resulted in a good, close shave with the niggly stubbliness just under the jawline, near the back of the cheek. Any suggestions how to work on this bit?
Followed off with the usual warm rinse cold rinse alum block swipe, cleaned the gear while letting the alum sit on the face for a bit, final rinse. Then applied some spanish Floid Vigoroso and finally a covering of 3P pre-post shave cream. Most zingy and mentholised do I feel now.

Ainslie

I suppose you all know Alan Coren's parrot joke ... no?

A man walks into a pet shop and asks whether they sell parrots, and the owner says "Certainly sir, I have three: a red 'un, a green 'un and a grey 'un. The man eyes up the birds and says "I like the look of the red one, how much?", to which the owner replies £5000. "Five thousand pounds!" gasps the man, "That seems an awful lot for a parrot". "It's no ordinary parrot though" explains the owner, "it can whistle the whole of the Cole Porter songbook". The man is grudgingly impressed, but asks how much for the green one: £10000. "Blimey! What does that one do?". "Well sir, not only can it whistle the Cole Porter songbook, backwards as well as forwards, it also has a huge repertoire of popular songs from 30s and 40s, plus any number of operatic arias". "Crikey!" the man says, "Well how much for the third one"? "Which, the grey 'un"? "Yes, the motheaten looking grey one with the wall eye and half its feathers missing". "£30000 sir". The man laughs, and asks what the grey parrot can do, and the owner replies "Well, we don't really know sir because it's never said anything, but the other two call it The Master".

Ahem, to business.

SOTD220411_2.jpg

Lindsay's Choice 6/8; New Forest 2211 silvertip; Nanny's Arabian Nights soft soap (sample); Musgo Real No.3 cologne (sample).

Another cracking soap from Sharon, this one's frankincense flavoured, along with the secret ingredients that is. Note to Nanny: if you make your soap any softer, even I'm going to start wondering if it's really a cream after all.

They are great birds, but whoever said their an ideal first time boid should be shot, they can be hard work when they want to be, he's taken some chunks out of all of us, but parrot wise he's going through his terrible teens, so has his mood swings.

He's the full fat congo grey, we also have recently acquired a timneh grey, a bit smaller with a scarlet tail, anyway she is totally 100% bonkers, poor thing has been in her cage for over 20 years, and she's such a little darling, got a picture of her lying flat on me bed happy as anything.

But she needs to be manhandled on occasions, as her confidence isn't there but she's come on in leaps and bounds, she also blows a raspberry if you tell her off for anything :lol:

Arrowhead, very good not heard that one. :shave

Very, very late Friday

After a hard days graft gardening at my son's house.

Radox Muscle Soak Bath

Cold water shave
T&H Pre-shave Oil
Feather AS-D1
Voskhod (3)
NF HMB 2221
Martin de Candre Savon a Raser
WTG - XTG - XTG + touch ups
Thayers Astringent
Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

OHHH YESSS :D

TTFN. . .