Friday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson chubby
Razor Cape, for barbers use
Soap: MWF
AS: Pacco Rabanne Ultra Vilolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean :D
Very nice blade, felt really good to shave with it, but I left some stubble on my upper lip :eek: :lol:. Very strange though, has never been a problem before :roll:
P1210012800x591.jpg

Friday AM

Pre-shave prep as before
Merkur HD
Crystal blade
Body Shop brush
TOBS lemon and lime tub cream
Witch hazel
Nivea balm

Oh dear. :roll: Well, let me explain...
Earlier in the week, a trip to a local, family-run department store with a TOBS shaving counter led to me succumbing to temptation to try a tub cream. Anyhow, with thoughts of a planned holiday later this year when taking my shaving bowl won't be practical, I thought I'd try face-lathering said cream with my travel brush, the Body Shop one. Anyway, at first, all seemed well. Nice lather, though I did notice that the brush was pretty scratchy. Anyhow, first pass (WTG) was great. Re-lathered, second pass (XTG) was OK, but, almost as soon as I had re-lathered for my third pass (mostly XTG from other direction with some ATG where I physically cannot go XTG), I felt tingling and stinging, which intensified during my tidy-up J-hooking and buffing, and which then stung like merry H*ll when hit with witch hazel, and (oddly), even worse again with the Nivea A/S balm! :?: Face now feels hot, stings and looks like corned beef.
So, next shave will be same cream with normal, TOBS synthetic brush, then shave after that will be Body Shop brush with a squirt of my usual RSC tube cream to see if I can work-out what has caused my face to feel like it's been scrubbed with wire wool. :oops: :eek:

Professor Blighty said:
It could be the brush, those Bodyshop brushes are useless in my opinion, and the fibres are scratchy. Get yourself a nice boar from here.

I find the hairs don't hydrate as you would expect with a Boar/Badger/Bodger Brush and it can't hold lather as well as a Boar/Badger/Bodger Brush but it does work at least, if you can whip up some cream and just paint it on then it's ok, use it as ultra quick dry travel brush...... ;)

Don't know where the Scratchy bit comes in though, mine has very soft tips.....compared to some Pure Badgers i have used that are not a pleasure to use.

Friday, 01-21-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Omega 11126 boar - Gillette Aristocrat #58 Coronation Set - 7 O'clock yellow #3 - Pre Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - TABAC shaving soap - Alum block - Skin Food Sandalwood + ASL Pinaud Clubman.

Afeitado21-01-11-1-1.jpg

A few first's today.
New blade, new razor and a new aftershave. All of this only 24 hours after my last have. I don't/ can't shave 2 days on the bounce.

So,
Hot shower and a hot rinse, followed by proraso pre shave.
Used the Cade soap today whipped up with the NF2201.
Then came the 1st run out with the second of my Tech's from Sunburyboy, loaded with my first every Feather. My previous couple of attempts with the other Tech had left me a little irritated. I have been wondering whether a Very sharp blade and a very light touch would be different.
Well the result was quite good. Very little irritation and a nice resulting shave. Not BBS but certainly DFS.
To finish was a cold rinse, alum and the last of the new things. The Pashana After shave that James_uk sent me.
I have to say i quite like the scent. The test will be when SWMBO gets home from work and smells it for the first time. I should know in about 2.5 hours whether it will become part of my rotation or will be back on here for someone else to try.

I've got to say, the standard of photos and the standard of shaving products has been world class in the last few days. N_Architect has what is, for me, photo of the week, though du212 comes a close second. Amazing results from SlowShave, and Mikael today too. I can only aspire. Well done guys.

MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Limes SF as prep,
Pecksniff's Leather SS,
New Forrest 2203,
Dovo 5/8,
Alum Block,
Aqua Quorum AS.

Trying to slow down after yesterday!
Only 1 pass and deliberately trying not to over-shave! :?

Result.......A rather mediocre shave but all is well with the world! ;)

Saturday

Shower
Gillette Adjustable Slim
Superthin#2
NF2211
T and H Almond cream
T and H West Indian Limes ASB from sample pack

Lovely shave again and a great ASB nice citrus smell could be another purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom