Shave of the day W/C Saturday 13th August 2011

3 days growth (usually shave every 2nd day - but have been getting a few nearly ingrowing hairs on the neck so left an extra day to get some more growth)

Prep: Hot shower
Cream: Truefit + Hill No.10 shaving cream
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Personna (#1)
Brush: EJ Black badger

Shaved 1xWTG, 2xATG, touched up areas on the neck and jawline ATG

Cream lathered up beautifully, much better than the soaps I've been using. Lubricated lovely and smooth, blade glided slickly. NO NICKS, NO WEEPERS.

Nivea aftershave sensitive balm, Truefit + Hill No.10 post-shave cologne balm.

Incredibly smooth shave (still smooth now - hardly any growth), no nicks or cuts, problem area on the neck around my adam's apple is smooth too, was having some annoying hair growth and those "white spots" around this area.

imag0090x.jpg
[/URL]

Yesterday morning:

Bulldog face wash
T&H #10, face-lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2
'58 Gillette Super-Speed TV, with
Gillette 7OC Yellow (3)
Bulldog moisturiser

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Erasmic stick, face-lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2
'58 Gillette Super-Speed TV, with
Gillette 7OC Yellow (4)
Bulldog moisturiser

First time with the Erasmic - nice, but not better than Palmolive or La Toja. Two more excellent, clean, quick three-pass shaves.

I feel like the best method for me (at the moment anyway) is to wash, prep, and lather up with hottish water and then shave with coldish water.

Usual prep......hot shower
Gillette Toggle
7 O'Clock Black (1)
Maca Root cream
Rod's custom brush
Speick A/S

First time I have used these blades, good clean shave but I seem to have the same problem as with the Yellows. The first shave is a bit rough, will see if it smooths out tomorrow (like the yellows do), still not sure about the Maca Root. Good slick lather not sure about the smell tho.
Speik A/S I like a lot, nice summer scent and leaves my skin feeling refreshed.
Last shave with the Toggle in the morning, then onto the last monkey from Marvin.

Friday Night
Razor: Allen & Son
Brush: New Forest 2213
Cream: Real Shaving Co. Menthol
Result: Nice smooth, but maybe a little more sting from the AS than usual
76246d1313794687-sun-august-14th-sat-august-20th-19aug11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom