Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 11th September 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday

Furtur + WS

Pamlolive soap + Vulfix 2235

Alum + Azzaro PH Splash

Nice result but carelessly removed a small section of chin, I'm doing that more often these days, I guess familiarity breeds contempt .

Thursday:
Hot Towel
404 mix/Mon savon
Gillette slimline/Tesco own
Alum
Porters Hired hand

First time using Mon Savon and was quite pleased with it. Pretty slick but not too thick and it lathered up with enough for 3+passes with ease. I like the smell too :)
I'd rate it alongside Palmolive and Erasmic stick I think.
The Tesco blade does a pretty decent job as well, so today's shave was pretty good I'd say.
regards, beejay

Thursday

Fatboy
Gillette Platinum (4)
New Forest 2201
Ogallala Bay Rum & Lemongrass soap
Alum
Ogallala Bay Rum, Lime and Peppercorn AS.

Need to try again with the soap as i couldn't get a lasting lather, though even whilst fading it still shaved well and felt like it was protecting!
The AS is lovely! A little really goes a long way too, which obviously meant i tried to put on too much to start with :oops: I will definately buy more from the AS range, however whilst the scent is great in the soap, i will need to use it a few more times to see if i am able to get a good thick lather from it.

Have a great day. (Oh yeah, i'm looking after the baby on my own for the first time right now :eek: . Luckily she likes to sleep - and i managed to get my shave in before Mrs AJP popped out :cool: )

Another reminder today of what a superb lather can be made from Palmolive sticks. Mine takes the form of two 48p sticks stuffed neatly into a mini casserole dish. It's a really effective way of using it. Used a Simpsons Emperor 1 Super brush for the first time. Just a little too small for comfort but it produced excellent lather. Gillette Superspeed/Super Thin followed by DR Harris Roses and Cucumber balm to finish off.

Looks like Notts are about to shade the County Championship. I'm multi tasking again.

SOTD 16/09/2010 by Owen, on Flickr

Hot towel(Kyle's method) using Arko Citrus applied with trusty NF.
Feather SS with a Super Iridum blade, a good match, BBS with two passes.

A spray of WH, follow by my modded' Nivea. The Nivea has few crystals of
Menthol added to liven it up a bit.

Fido said:
Another reminder today of what a superb lather can be made from Palmolive sticks. Mine takes the form of two 48p sticks stuffed neatly into a mini casserole dish. It's a really effective way of using it. Used a Simpsons Emperor 1 Super brush for the first time. Just a little too small for comfort but it produced excellent lather. Gillette Superspeed/Super Thin followed by DR Harris Roses and Cucumber balm to finish off.

Looks like Notts are about to shade the County Championship. I'm multi tasking again.

They have - that was close, wasn't it? Actually, I was rooting for Somerset, my second favourite team after Hampshire. I'm hoping that Somerset win the CB40 on Saturday, as they deserve to get something out of this season.

Regards

Ian

Thursday morning

Merkur progress
supermax sunrise(3)
new forest 2201
nannys exotic
alum
Old spice fresh lime

All excellent.The supermax sunrise are sharp and smooth , "titanium edge technology" .I like.

Thursday
Pre de Provence SS/Merkur Progress with Wilkinson/shavemac D01/Thayers Aloe/Weleda ASB
P1090913.jpg

Thursday, 09-19-10.

Soap from Alepo - Omega 6236 silvertip - Gillette Rocket HD500 - Permasharp #3 hand sharpened - LEA mentholated - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Osage Rub sample + ASB Floïd.

Afeitado16-09-10002.jpg

- Blade: Very well after sharpening five times each edge in the hand.
- LEA shaving cream: High quality leather and very abundant. I love this cream, is excellent. The best spanish shaving cream in my opinion and very cheap here.

AJP said:
Have a great day. (Oh yeah, i'm looking after the baby on my own for the first time right now :eek: . Luckily she likes to sleep - and i managed to get my shave in before Mrs AJP popped out :cool: )

Oh dear, it's annoying when you get a faulty nursing bra. :roll:

Thursday Night:

• - Shark SuperChrome slotted into the Merkur 42 '04
      - Tres Claveles Barbera Nº2 Caballo (Extra) shaving brush
      - Nanny's/Soap Alchemist's EucalypTea Tree soft shave soap
      - Thayers' Peach Witch Hazel
      - Kartopu Kolonya Tünün as AS[/list:u][/list:u]

Pretty impressive brush considering it's brand new/not broken-in, low end expense, & it's not the most well-constructed brush I've ever seen (glue for knot is above the level of the opening, uneven and tad bit sloppy). Nice lathering action, soft tips (yet still has a bit of 'scrubiness' to it), moderate spine, and was 10% off & shipped for €3.00 instead of €9.90(?)! Thanks to our Friends of TSR, Gift&Care.com. ¡Muchas gracias compadres!

Shave of the Day Start 17 Sept

34C W/Merkur (2)
Nomad
Pinaud

This is my 2nd post with a picture attached. The gents on Shave of the Day give encouragement through their outstanding daily pictures and I read each and every reply to see what y'all are using. I have my favorites running in the background as a screen saver. Had to crop the razor out to get the picture to fit, but I'll get better at it. Have a great day gentlemen. R/Robert

Attachments

• SOTD 17 September.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom